The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #226
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
I still haven't heard any concrete evidence on what you guys claim about Hillis other than a friend of a friend heard this about Hillis. A cousin of Popps who is a friend of an insider here told me...

Ok. Enough of that.
Now, if I had to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that what they're talking about Hillis is true, then, how in the hell has that affected his performance, IF EVER?

Point out to me a bad game Hillis has had dating back to last year that reflects his poor practice habits?
And don't count this year, he's had like 4 lame carries for 1 TD.
Are you sure is not Moreno they/you're talking about?

What I want to know is how you guys, yes YOU who were wowed by Hillis performance last year, have been brainwashed by some to all of the sudden say crap about the guy who has not played any significant time since his injury last year that would prove what you're saying. Unbelievable!!!
Show me what you've seen this year so I can see with my own eyes.

To totally ignore the impact and what Hillis did for us last year and to now regard him as a stupid player bordering retardation, is just as retarded as what you're all saying. Unbelievable how people can have their judgment changed by somebody who has more posts than them.

All I have is what the guy did last year, and so far, I haven't found any proof that indicates he's a different player than he was last year. None!
You guys are a freaking joke. Seriously.
You can call me anything you want, apologist, Hillis defenders, whatever, that's fine, but prove what you're saying.
I will do the same thing (defend) for anybody in the same position not able to speak for themselves. If you're going to slander somebody, I want proof. I want to see the truth.

I just got the feeling that you guys are trying to justify McDaniels decision not to play Hillis. Hey, I'm a McDaniel 100% supporter, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make an ass out of myself to justify, and defend bad decisions made by him. No.
OK, first off you do realize that almost 63% of Hillis 2008 rushing yards were gained against the 25th (ATL), 28th (CLEV), 30th (KC), and 31st (OAK) ranked run defenses? In fairness to him he did have a monster game against the NFL's 7th best run defense (NYJ)...however the bottom line is he ran against arguably a buffet of pussies when it came to stopping the run.

And I find it odd that you want people in here to give proof positive about what they say about Hillis...and yet you're in here saying that this is a bad decision by McDaniels.

What proof do you have that this is indeed a bad decision by him other than the player you like isn't playing?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #227
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Also...Peyton Hillis' longest run last year...19 yards. Moreno's longest this year 36 yards.....chicks dig the long ball.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #228
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
But, how much more clear does it need to be made for you?

Two great offensive-minded coaches see Hillis as a back-up, despite him having (seemingly) apparent physical skills.

So, here's the math...

7 round draft pick
+
Shanahan putting him on the bench
+McDaniels putting him on the bench
+reputation for having problems with playbook and coaching

= There is a problem outside of his physical ability.

So, the burden of proof is on YOU to prove that McDaniels and Shanahan are purposely choosing to hurt their own teams.

Otherwise, it's a simple case of a player being outplayed by other players on the roster... as happens every single day in the NFL.
Pops its obvious Peyton does not have an offensive future here in Denver so long as McD is the coach. According to McD........Peyton is an expendable
7th round Special Team player. Question is, does Petyon feel he is much more to offer as a Running Back in this league or has he believed in the BS McD is selling that he's only an expendable Special Teams player??
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #229
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Also...Peyton Hillis' longest run last year...19 yards. Moreno's longest this year 36 yards.....chicks dig the long ball.
Moreno has started since game 1 and has played 11 games and has had multitude of opportunies to run for long gains. Whereas Peyton has not had the same number of games to start during the 08 & 09 seasons. So a poor comparison IMHO.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #230
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
OK, first off you do realize that almost 63% of Hillis 2008 rushing yards were gained against the 25th (ATL), 28th (CLEV), 30th (KC), and 31st (OAK) ranked run defenses? In fairness to him he did have a monster game against the NFL's 7th best run defense (NYJ)...however the bottom line is he ran against arguably a buffet of pussies when it came to stopping the run.

And I find it odd that you want people in here to give proof positive about what they say about Hillis...and yet you're in here saying that this is a bad decision by McDaniels.

What proof do you have that this is indeed a bad decision by him other than the player you like isn't playing?
You still haven't produced any evidence of who is the better runner btwn Moreno and Hillis. Moreneo is only starting over Hillis b/c he's the number 1 draft choice and got SB for 12mil bucks. Besides that, Moreno has shown he has the propensity to turn the ball over (4 fumbles thus far) and the mere fact that Moreno has shown he doesn't possess the leg strentgh to convert 3rd and short. Peyton on the other hand has shown with his power rushing he can pick up the tough short yardage. And in goal line situations in the red zone Hillis should be in there instead of Buck-halter or Moreno b/c he is a much more powerful runner.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #231
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Moreno has started since game 1
False.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #232
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Moreneo is only starting over Hillis b/c he's the number 1 draft choice and got SB for 12mil bucks.
False. You'd have an argument if and only if Moreno was the only guy ahead of Hillis on the depth chart. Sadly for you, there are at least three other RBs ahead of Hillis.

Quote:
Moreno has shown he doesn't possess the leg strentgh to convert 3rd and short.
False.

Quote:
And in goal line situations in the red zone Hillis should be in there instead of Buck-halter or Moreno b/c he is a much more powerful runner.
Proving you are clueless about what it takes to succeed in the NFL. You need a lot more than just a "powerful runner" to score in goal line situations.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #233
INbronco
Rookie

Quote:
Fist off, yes you have. You've read an unbiased scouting report from BEFORE HE WAS DRAFTED.

Secondly, the burden of proof isn't on us, it's on you.

YOU need to prove to the rest of the logical world why there's a conspiracy. The only people I've see on this board that buy into any of this conspiracy talk are haters of the current administration, or people who simply need something to complain about.

Two great offensive coaches have chosen to bury Hillis on the depth chart when they have enough healthy players to do so.

Again, YOU need to provide the proof that Shanahan and McDaniels intentionally chose to harm their own teams. Until then, the rest of the thinking universe will use simple, obvious deductive reasoning in that Hillis' inability to even beat out Larsen for time at FB is a clear indicator that he has problems doing his job.

So, quit calling for the rest of the planet to prove your conspiracy theory INCORRECT. YOU need to show that this conspiracy involving Shanahan and McDaniels exists.

Otherwise, we'll all go with the very logical and evidence-supported explanation.
What you guys who support the Shanny/MCD knows best about whether Hillis is worthy of big time RB duties don't acknowledge is the fact that he IS in fact a big time RB; he proved that in numerous games last year.

All you have proved is that MCD won't play him because he THINKS Hillis isn't worth the chance. Same thing happened to Shanny last year and wasn't till Hillis was literally shoved down his throat did it become evident that he was wrong in his assessment of said player. It doesn't really matter if Hillis is a poor practice player or doesn't show signs of smarts; His production on the field shows he's good. Are you saying that Shanny's system was simple to learn? Are you saying that Hillis did't produce when called into play?

It's too bad that Hillis hasn't been shoved down MCD's throat; then we could all either eat crow of bow to the boss.

Above all the tirade of Hillis whinny threads could come to an end.
INbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #234
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
False. You'd have an argument if and only if Moreno was the only guy ahead of Hillis on the depth chart. Sadly for you, there are at least three other RBs ahead of Hillis.

False.

Proving you are clueless about what it takes to succeed in the NFL. You need a lot more than just a "powerful runner" to score in goal line situations.
Nope not as clueless as you are bias. Point is, football is really simple if you're talented enough. You line up behind your QB take the hand off and follow your blockers. Now just b/c a HC plays favoritism and tries to over specialize the offense doesn't mean an NFL player can't play the game.

It all comes down to opportunity and playing time. You would see the same scenario happen to Moreno next season if he was regulated to special teams. Imagine in 2010 Moreno takes more snaps and plays on special teams vs with the first team offense. Can you imagine Moreno's attitude and the insult!!!

Its all good however, b/c Peyton should already realize he no longer has a future in Denver as contributing FB/TB in McD's Offense.....and its time to move on and go to a team that better utilize his power running talents and receiving skills coming out of the back field.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #235
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Hillis couldn't beat out Mike Bell or Selvin Young, and he can't beat out Moreno or Bucklahter... or even Larsen.

End of story.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #236
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by INbronco View Post

Above all the tirade of Hillis whinny threads could come to an end.

I doubt it. We still have all the whinny Cutler threads, and he has more than sucked this year.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #237
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Nope not as clueless as you are bias.
What is my bias?

I was/am a HUGE fan of Hillis. I have been vocally critical of several McDaniels moves. I am literally your perfect target audience here. And your argument doesn't convince me. That should be telling.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #238
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Point is, football is really simple if you're talented enough. You line up behind your QB take the hand off and follow your blockers.
Yeah, it's just that simple.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #239
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #240
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Point is, football is really simple if you're talented enough.

Brain surgery is really simple if you're smart enough.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #241
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by INbronco View Post
Same thing happened to Shanny last year and wasn't till Hillis was literally shoved down his throat.........

.....It's too bad that Hillis hasn't been shoved down MCD's throat
Wow.....Openly rooting for RB's above Hillis on the depth chart (which is like all of them) to get injured?

Tool.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #242
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

rastaman is absolutely embarrassing himself in this thread.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #243
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
rastaman is absolutely embarrassing himself in this thread.
Why should this thread be any different?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #244
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
You too are drinking the McD kool-aid?
WTF?!!!
Have you looked at what the guy did last season?
Did you see the way Hillis plays football?
How can you make such a stupid ignorant comment, dude?
Really, think before you type. Hype about Hillis?
What hype?
It's not like we're basing our expectation on wishful thinking here, we're basing our expectations about Hillis abilities to play football, and actually help us out this season by the way he played last year, what he demonstrated to YOU and everybody else here that he can play football, and that he can be a huge impact in a game in a way Moreno, C-Buck and Jordan are yet to be...

Some numbers here to support what I'm saying...

Hillis last year. Started 6 games. 522 total yards (rushing/catching) and 6 touchdowns total. ZERO fumbles

Oh, and he has 1td in 4 carries this year, btw...

Moreno this year. Started 10 games, 784 total yards, 4 touchdowns 4 fumbles
Last year? Who cares? What about this year? Hillis has lined up wrong several times, left his lane on special teams allowing big returns including a TD from sproles and has fumbled the ball. Where are you getting that he's awesome? The guy clearly has trouble with the playbook and with execution. And Larsen is a better blocker than Hillis.

And I say again, last year Hillis was benched by Shanahan earlier in the season for not knowing his playbook and practicing poorly. Why I keep reminding people of this and no one will acknowledge it is beyond me, but that shows that there is a theme from coach to coach with the guy.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #245
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Last year? Who cares? What about this year? Hillis has lined up wrong several times, left his lane on special teams allowing big returns including a TD from sproles and has fumbled the ball. Where are you getting that he's awesome? The guy clearly has trouble with the playbook and with execution. And Larsen is a better blocker than Hillis.

And I say again, last year Hillis was benched by Shanahan earlier in the season for not knowing his playbook and practicing poorly. Why I keep reminding people of this and no one will acknowledge it is beyond me, but that shows that there is a theme from coach to coach with the guy.
Rastaman and dragster will never believe this, it doesn't fit with their anti-broncos stance.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #246
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Hillis couldn't beat out Mike Bell or Selvin Young, and he can't beat out Moreno or Bucklahter... or even Larsen.

End of story.
Yeah sure Pops......take your bia-ista medication and call it a day.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #247
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

And Moreno fumbles the ball and can't pickup the tough short yardage to convert 3rd downs. While you have Buckhalter running on gimpy knees and allows himself to be brought down with arm tackles.

Yet somehow according to your rationale Hillis is not worthy to get any playing time even during the 4 game losing streak when both Moreno and Buckhalter were not performing well either.

Yeah I hear you.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #248
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
And Moreno can't pickup the tough short yardage to convert 3rd downs.
If you keep saying this enough, maybe even you will believe it.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #249
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Rastaman and dragster will never believe this, it doesn't fit with their anti-broncos stance.
Oooooh yeah Rusty---never under estimate the power of "Lemming Inspired Group Think"!

You either go with the questionable majority! or prepared to be attacked w/o let up.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #250
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If you keep saying this enough, maybe even you will believe it.
Come on Beany you know thus far of all the games Moreno has played thus far, running btwn the tackles to pick up crucial 3rd and shorts......Moreno has come up short. The question is could Peyton had picked up the tough yardage in the red zone to have made a difference? I guess we will never know. In fact Peyton may just need to go to another team to prove you and McDaneils wrong.