The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default other NFL collapses this year...

bears started 3-1, lost 5 of their next 6 games. 2 of their three wins, opposing kicker missed 2 game-leading FG attempts. their last 3 wins: seattle (3-7), detroit (2-8), cleveland (1-9).

jets started 3-0, have been 1-6 since. are benching pro bowl safety kerry rhodes, for some reason? scapegoat for the whole team sucking is my guess, too bad they are too stubborn to bench sanchez, the real problem as of week 11.

giants started 5-0, lost next 4 games, won in week 11 in a coinflip against atlanta. have allowed 30+ points 4 times this year, and allowed 23+ 7 times.

san francisco started 3-1, won first 2 games, looked strong against ARI and SEA, and lost in a heartbreaker week 3 against the vikings. playoff talk began, the team then slid, beating bad teams (CHI, STL) and losing to good teams (GB, TEN, HOU,IND). currently at 4-6, however have extremely soft schedule remaining.



its not THAT bad in denver right now, we just get most of the media coverage about collapsing since its a "they are who we thought they were" type of backtalk by the "analysts"
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

I'm waiting for Favre to try being MVP and AP getting 12 carries.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
giants...have allowed 30+ points 4 times this year, and allowed 23+ 7 times.
I know they've had some injuries but this is puzzling. Solid and deep D-line. Hard to figure why their D has slipped so much.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I know they've had some injuries but this is puzzling. Solid and deep D-line. Hard to figure why their D has slipped so much.
they did lose spags, for whatever thats worth.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,686

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

last year..when we couldn't win the division..i waited and waited for the season to start..
If it happens again, I believe that there is something wrong with the players(lack of confidence, disinterested in 2nd half of the season)
I would rate this season collapse as worse compared to last season.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
last year..when we couldn't win the division..i waited and waited for the season to start..
If it happens again, I believe that there is something wrong with the players(lack of confidence, disinterested in 2nd half of the season)
I would rate this season collapse as worse compared to last season.
dude, 6 weeks left in season. last weeks happened at the most inopportune time, right at the end. if a team is gonna struggle, you do it early or in the middle. never, ever late.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

bump, maybe people will realize their perception of the giants and the reality of that team are far from equal
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
last year..when we couldn't win the division..i waited and waited for the season to start..
If it happens again, I believe that there is something wrong with the players(lack of confidence, disinterested in 2nd half of the season)
I would rate this season collapse as worse compared to last season.

Considering we had to win just ONCE in the last 3 weeks of the season and couldnt do it makes last season worse, regardless of what happens this year. Looking back at last years schedule, and the points we put up...how did the Broncos put up 350 yards passing on Buffalo and only get 23 points?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Considering we had to win just ONCE in the last 3 weeks of the season and couldnt do it makes last season worse, regardless of what happens this year. Looking back at last years schedule, and the points we put up...how did the Broncos put up 350 yards passing on Buffalo and only get 23 points?


red zone INT
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,162

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

we HAD to win vs SD at home.

not even close.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

The comparisons to last years massive failing cannot compare to the slide this year. I think last year was complacency and then when we got to SD there wasn't a chance, especially with what happened in Denver with the Hocculi call.

This year I think some of the players on the team have been playing the no respect card way to much. And then we started to get it, and now they think they have accomplished something. Its an attitude that you see on the team, and it starts with the coach. I am not a huge fan of McD but I do feel he has brought a different attitude to this team. I think there is a new winning attitude that was missing and has been since the late 90's superbowl runs. However I think with the supprise of winning 6 straight came a relaxed attitude. This team can get back to where they were, but not until they show the attitude on the field again.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,866

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

If we lose 7 straight to fail for the playoffs, it will be the biggest choke job in Broncos history. I cannot think of anything worse, and last year was pretty bad.

Let's hope we win tomorrow.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,853
Default

This is like another attempt to find a silver lining in this four game losing streak. They weren't even competitive in three of those losses. They better figure things out quick or they won't be making the playoffs.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I guess the fact that only one other team started 6-0 then went to 6-4 in NFL history should be over looked. There has been all sorts of NFL teams that have been 3-1 and lost lots of games. 5-0 and lost lots of games. Only one other team in NFL history has managed to do what we have just done. I know it doesn't mean much to you tsiguy, I know you haven't been a Broncos fan long but believe it or not there was a couple NFL seasons played before 2001 so what is going on in Denver is media worthy.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #15
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Ramathorn's Avatar
 
M E O W

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Little Hocking, OH
Posts: 913

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
bears started 3-1, lost 5 of their next 6 games. 2 of their three wins, opposing kicker missed 2 game-leading FG attempts. their last 3 wins: seattle (3-7), detroit (2-8), cleveland (1-9).

jets started 3-0, have been 1-6 since. are benching pro bowl safety kerry rhodes, for some reason? scapegoat for the whole team sucking is my guess, too bad they are too stubborn to bench sanchez, the real problem as of week 11.

giants started 5-0, lost next 4 games, won in week 11 in a coinflip against atlanta. have allowed 30+ points 4 times this year, and allowed 23+ 7 times.

san francisco started 3-1, won first 2 games, looked strong against ARI and SEA, and lost in a heartbreaker week 3 against the vikings. playoff talk began, the team then slid, beating bad teams (CHI, STL) and losing to good teams (GB, TEN, HOU,IND). currently at 4-6, however have extremely soft schedule remaining.



its not THAT bad in denver right now, we just get most of the media coverage about collapsing since its a "they are who we thought they were" type of backtalk by the "analysts"
yeah but at least they are scoring even when they lose. 3 friggin points
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

giants continue their slide, we are rolling!
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
last year..when we couldn't win the division..i waited and waited for the season to start..
If it happens again, I believe that there is something wrong with the players(lack of confidence, disinterested in 2nd half of the season)
I would rate this season collapse as worse compared to last season.
Then you'd be an idiot, sorry but the truth sometimes hurts.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
This is like another attempt to find a silver lining in this four game losing streak. They weren't even competitive in three of those losses. They better figure things out quick or they won't be making the playoffs.


The silverlining was the team finding out that they don't like losing 4 in a row.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

this team is fun to watch. Last year's team wasn't. I like the orange unis every now and then too.

Also, the defense is getting after it. They are making plays and having fun.

Offense is growing up, but will take some time. We had all kinds of struggles the last 2 years in the redzone, so this is nothing new.

One caveat to a tough schedule is the way it toughens up your team. Denver has beaten all 4 AFC division leaders....no small cookie there. They've also beaten 2 NFC east teams, including the division leader. The losses to Ravens and Pittsburgh were not unexpected. The loss to Washington was ....but the QB injury to Orton had a lot to do with that. Name a top team that wins a game with their backup? Pittsburgh has difficulty winning games without Polomalu....

Splitting with SD in their prime, while making huge changes to both sides of the ball is also an understated point. All in all, I like where we are at.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Denver Broncos