The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default 1st Thanksgiving Game in Denver

Back in 1962 the Broncos hosted the 1st Thanksgiving day game in Denver. The opponet was New York. New York Titans in the old and wonderful AFL. This was the first year the Broncos wore the orange jerseys. The announced crowd that day at Bears Stadium was 15,776.

It was a great game, back and forth scoring. The Titans won the gave 46-45. The QB's were Frank Tripucka for our guys vs. Al Dorow for the Titans. The Titans jumped out to a 21-7 lead but the Broncos bounced back on a long fumble recovery TD by DT Bud McFadin and an interception return for a TD by Jim McMillan. But the Titans pulled ahead at the end on a TD pass from Dorow to Art Powell.

It was a good back and forth game. I was there and will be again Thursday evening.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
Back in 1962 the Broncos hosted the 1st Thanksgiving day game in Denver. The opponet was New York. New York Titans in the old and wonderful AFL. This was the first year the Broncos wore the orange jerseys. The announced crowd that day at Bears Stadium was 15,776.

It was a great game, back and forth scoring. The Titans won the gave 46-45. The QB's were Frank Tripucka for our guys vs. Al Dorow for the Titans. The Titans jumped out to a 21-7 lead but the Broncos bounced back on a long fumble recovery TD by DT Bud McFadin and an interception return for a TD by Jim McMillan. But the Titans pulled ahead at the end on a TD pass from Dorow to Art Powell.

It was a good back and forth game. I was there and will be again Thursday evening.
hopefully this game is that entertaining.......thanks for sharing
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Old fart!

Cool story. Hopefully we can pull of the 'W' this time around.

I remember when we played the cowgirls on Thanksgiving in '05. I was in Texas, at my in-laws house. HUGE cowgirls fans. I'm talking like scary fans. Almost stalkerish.. My wifes Dad is a big man. He rocks sleeveless shirts and a mullet daily. It was a close game all the way through and we pulled out the win in the end. He actually KICKED US OUT OF HIS HOUSE! I was obviously cheering when we won the game and he kicked us out for being disrespectful. Funniest Thanksgiving ever.
DenverBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
Old fart!

I remember when we played the cowgirls on Thanksgiving in '05. I was in Texas, at my in-laws house. HUGE cowgirls fans. I'm talking like scary fans. Almost stalkerish.. My wifes Dad is a big man. He rocks sleeveless shirts and a mullet daily. It was a close game all the way through and we pulled out the win in the end. He actually KICKED US OUT OF HIS HOUSE! I was obviously cheering when we won the game and he kicked us out for being disrespectful. Funniest Thanksgiving ever.
Rep.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
Old fart!

Ron F'n Dayne.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Ron F'n Dayne.
Yeah, I got the stink eye that day too. Love RD
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Too bad Titan's 1977 thread died with the losing streak it was fun to relieve the 77 season.

I like football history as much as the live games.

BTW are the Broncos NFL networks unoffical Thanksgiving team like Dullas and Detwat?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Ron F'n Dayne.
I would've liked to have seen what he could do as a starter just once whilst he was in Denver. The guy was never given the chance.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote