The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Official: Where do you stand

The end all, where do you stand on key Broncos points

1) McD
2) Front Office (e.g. Alphonso Smith, Moreno, Ayers moves, and FA Moves. They're made by the same guys)
3) QB
4) Cutler Trade

I'm WITH MCD
WITH the FO,
WITH Brandstater (If he gets a chance, until then, Orton is a fine QB),
WITH the Cutler trade, we made the right move outing this punk.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

I agree on all of your points!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am ok with everything to this point. There have been mistakes made, but every team makes personnel mistakes, so nothing unusual there.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

I'm with them..I want to see some fight on the field though!!! Crack some skulls on turkey day!!
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I'm undecided on all 4 as they need some more time, but so far I'm leaning towards McD, against FO, ok with QB, and not sure about the trade.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post

1) McD
2) Front Office (e.g. Alphonso Smith, Moreno, Ayers moves, and FA Moves. They're made by the same guys)
3) QB
4) Cutler Trade

I'm WITH MCD
WITH the FO,
1. With; everyone's pissed where they're at right now, but you all know you would have been stoked if before the Bengals game you were told they'd be 6-4 after 10 games.

2. Too soon; FA signings were good, too soon on the draft picks

3. Orton; Tom B should get time only if/when they're eliminated from the playoffs

4. With now; wasn't happy when it broke they considered moving him, but Cutler acted like a punk b**** from there on out, can't say I'm disappointed watching him flop his first 10 games in Chicago.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

I agree with your points.

I feel Orton is an above average QB. Better and more disciplined then some/many so called "franchise" QB's.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I am satisfied with McDaniels, right now. He needs to find a way out of this hole and start winning again. I feel his offseason moves were questionable, but he also took some chances and brought in some key players (Dawkins). I wish he would have done something better with the defensive line, it is all patch work right now.
I am still miffed about the Cutler trade, but the damage is done. I think the coach could have used Cutler and we wouldn't have a huge issue on offense.

Orton gives us the best chance to win, but if he cannot go, I would like to see Brandstater out there. If we can get a look, why not go for it? If he turns out to be something good, he won't need to look at Free Agency/Draft for a QB.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

1) McD
3) QB
4) Cutler Trade

I'm WITH MCD
WITH the FO,
1) Mcd -- Not OK..i am afraid he will become like Zorn(start fast and fade)
2) Front Office -- I am OK(Much better than Shanny).
3) QB -- I am fine with Orton as he is much better QB than cutler.
4) Cutler Trade -- ...I hate him when he was a bronco.
Never thought he is a good QB.

The only thing i am happy with Mcd is the way he recognized Cutler's liabilities and tried to trade him..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Trade Marshall for T.O.

"FOOL!"

"DON"T GIMME NO TALK!"
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

1) McD - Exceeded my expectations. Wish he commit to the run more.
2) Front Office (e.g. Alphonso Smith, Moreno, Ayers moves, and FA Moves. They're made by the same guys) - Vast improvement over past years.
3) QB - Loves me some Orton. I would like to see more shots downfield but I'm not sure if that's up to him, or the coaches
4) Cutler Trade - Good riddance.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'm fine with just about everything except Chris Simms - he truly sucks. That said, I still think we miss the playoffs this year, but we will get better next year.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAmbiguous View Post
I'm fine with just about everything except Chris Simms - he truly sucks. That said, I still think we miss the playoffs this year, but we will get better next year.
I have a theory that Chris Simms gives the best bj's on the planet. Just a theory though.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I said 6-10 after our first loss.

There was a poll. go see.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #15
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

If Orton stayed healthy we'd be 7-3 right now and maybe even 8-2. Simms was a ****ing disaster in both games he played in
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Im fine with McDaniels I think he is a good coach

Im slightly concerned about the FO, the draft thus far hasnt looked too special and we gave an awful lot away for these players

I like Orton, I think he is good enough, not a superstar but a very solid qb

Happy with the trade, Jay looks like garbage this year, as of right now I would seriously say Kyle is the better qb
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

1) McD
3) QB
4) Cutler Trade
1) Ask me at the end of the year. I still want to see if he learns from mistakes. I would also like to see how he handles adversity like his first long losing streak.

2) They did great with FA. We can't really say if the draft was good or bad yet. They had 5 picks in the first two rounds though. That means it has to produce a few future starters to be even half way good. No one can say one way or the other right now.

3) I think we need to look for one this offseason.

4) Was handled horribly and even Bowlen came out with his rookie mistakes speach right after. This also isn't something that can be judged for a few years. Cutler is making McDaniels look real smart so far though.

Last edited by jhns; 11-23-2009 at 02:39 PM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Sheet, bud, this O has to get more consistent. Orton has to be more explosive in the passing game. Dude's a heartbeat short on every damn pass, be it an out, a slant, a post. Dude recognizes the open guy all the time but he doesn't get the pass out fast enough. His feet and arm are slower than his head. I can see him recocgnize the open guy real fast but his feet and the delivery are too slow.

Brees learned to compensate for that, hopefully Orton does also.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

1) McD- I think he will work out in the long run, wish he would get a little more ambitious with the offense

2) Front Office- need more time to determine. Signed a lot of old players this offseason, Simms was a terrible pickup, Quinn and Alphonso Smith trades seem to be flops. Liked the Andra Davis signing, Dawkins has done exactly what he had to do

3) QB- I like Orton but don't believe he is the long term answer at QB. He is the perfect backup, however.

4) Cutler Trade- I still think this was a dumb move. Cutler will be a good, winning QB long term once he gets another decent coaching staff in place and the bears put a few players around him.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I think we lost two of our last 4 games purely because of coaching. ****...he's a rookie.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #21
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
1) McD- I think he will work out in the long run, wish he would get a little more ambitious with the offense

2) Front Office- need more time to determine. Signed a lot of old players this offseason, Simms was a terrible pickup, Quinn and Alphonso Smith trades seem to be flops. Liked the Andra Davis signing, Dawkins has done exactly what he had to do

3) QB- I like Orton but don't believe he is the long term answer at QB. He is the perfect backup, however.

4) Cutler Trade- I still think this was a dumb move. Cutler will be a good, winning QB long term once he gets another decent coaching staff in place and the bears put a few players around him.
Cutler is uncoachable and he's not a true football player.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #22
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

1) McD
3) QB
4) Cutler Trade

I'm WITH MCD
WITH the FO,

1) I didn't like shanny getting fired, but I do support McD and am hopeful that he can be the long term solution here. There are aspects of him that I love, and some that annoy me (patriot way, like lower extremity injury, etc. also seems very stubborn at times, could have been more diplomatic during drama filled offseason). Basically, if he wins games thats all that will matter.

2) Against the Alphonso trade, could have used picks in this draft like the ones that were used for Quinn and added a pick to move up for Smith instead of trading a first rounder. I think next year's draft will be quite good, and the players we can get in the first round then I rank higher than Alphonso. I dont have an issue with the player, but dont like what we gave up. The FA additions have been excellent for the most part. I love the Moreno pick, once he adapts and holds onto the ball. Ayers I am not sold on, wait and see.

3) I like Orton's toughness, I think he can be overly cautious with the ball but I like the rarity of turnovers. That being said, we need a QB. Orton is too limited. I don't like game managers. I want a field general that teams are threatened by, someone that defenses have to respect and design their gameplan around. Cutler like ability, but better character. If such a player exists. Maybe his name is Tim Tebow(yes, I am on that bandwagon. Have been for a couple years). Maybe it's Brandstater, but we have no idea what he will be. If its me, im drafting QB in the first 2 rounds

4) I think the locker room has improved without Jay. And seeing him in Chicago, clearly he has a lot to learn at playing QB at this level. However, if he was still in Denver, with the other pieces we have on offense, he would not be leading the league in picks. And we would be leading the division. If it was necessary to trade Jay, then so be it. I was angry at first, but have gotten over it. I still think we should have gotten more compensation however.

Last edited by GoBroncos84; 11-23-2009 at 06:13 PM..
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

1) McD
3) QB
4) Cutler Trade

I'm WITH MCD
WITH the FO,
1. McD: Dude seems to be a good X's and O's guy. Passion is thumbs up. Now we find out how he handles adversity. I'm with him.

2. Front Office: No front office hits a homerun with every pick, so I don't expect it out of ours. They've pieced together serviceable FA's in Buckhalter, Davis, Haggan, Reid, et al while sorting out cap issues for future players. They've hit long balls on Dawkins and I think Moreno will be a very good Bronco. Ayers is a project but not an immediate hit. Rest of the picks, incomplete. Players like Simms, Jordan, and Berger are total misses. Performance so far by FO: C+

3. Brandstater: Incomplete. He looked like he had some ability in pre-season, but then again, Simms looked like he wasn't a total train wreck either, so...

4. Cutler Trade: Perfectly fine with it. Jay's legend is bigger than his accomplishments.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
1) Ask me at the end of the year. I still want to see if he learns from mistakes. I would also like to see how he handles adversity like his first long losing streak.

2) They did great with FA. We can't really say if the draft was good or bad yet. They had 5 picks in the first two rounds though. That means it has to produce a few future starters to be even half way good. No one can say one way or the other right now.

3) I think we need to look for one this offseason.

4) Was handled horribly and even Bowlen came out with his rookie mistakes speach right after. This also isn't something that can be judged for a few years. Cutler is making McDaniels look real smart so far though.
The draft is a problem. I'm not going to call them busts, but as you pointed out 5 picks in the first two rounds and only one is really helping the team at this point. I just don't know what kind of effort they put into this draft. Maybe it was the short turn around with the new staff but to go into a NFL draft with a list of 100 players is not going to cut it. Good players will get away if they don't spend more time evaluating players.

The Bills had 4 picks in the first two rounds and 3 of the 4 are starters. Andy Levitre is the RG and Eric Wood is the LG. I couldn't tell you how they are doing but the fact that they are earning valuable playing time is a plus. Jairus Byrd is going to be the DROY this year. The one they missed on so far was the their first pick, Aaron Maybin who is third on the depth chart at DE.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-23-2009 at 03:14 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #25
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
1) McD - Exceeded my expectations. Wish he commit to the run more.
2) Front Office (e.g. Alphonso Smith, Moreno, Ayers moves, and FA Moves. They're made by the same guys) - Vast improvement over past years.
3) QB - Loves me some Orton. I would like to see more shots downfield but I'm not sure if that's up to him, or the coaches
4) Cutler Trade - Good riddance.
I'll try a better effort than my last try.

1) McD is ok for a first year HC.

2) Pretty dang good FO moves, wouldn't be 6-4 without those good moves.

3) Shaky.

4) 18 INT's Denver would be 2-8.

4) cutler trade - yes good riddance.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote