The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default bandwagoners welcome

its pretty hard to be on this forum with all the bandwagoners...

people that hated mcd before the season, loved him at 6-0, hate him after 4 straight losses, youre all welcome! youre exactly the level headed type of people that this forum needs
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You don't even know what a bandwagon fan is.... Maybe you should learn what you are talking about before trying to dog others? Maybe you could stop caring so much about others opinions at some point? It would help with your constant crying problem. At least others cry about the team. You just cry because some random poster or analyst said something you don't agree with. Are you that insecure about your opinions?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

didn't you, yourself, self-admittedly state you were a bandwagon Broncos fan and only started liking the team after a certain point in time?

Pretty sure you said that in a thread 7-8 months ago.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Many of the people on this forum are on this site 365 days a year talking about one of the major loves of their lives: Denver Broncos football. I think it's pretty disingenuous to call someone who cares about the team so much that they'd put such an investment of their time in discussing them. It's true, some people aren't happy with the direction of the team. It's true, some of them are a little (I think) premature and overboard in their criticisms. And it's also true that a lot of their criticism is valid. We're talking about a four game losing streak here with a team that we know is capable of much more.

I think it's unrealistic to expect Josh McDaniels is going to be able to win a Superbowl in his first year as an NFL coach, regardless of the fact that is exactly what he's hired to do: win it all every year. When you're a Denver Broncos coach, your job is to win the Superbowl, period. I understand the frustration that some people feel when they say "you were patient with Shanahan, you should be patient with Josh." The problem with that logic is that Shanahan bought that patience with a back-to-back Superbowl win.

I would personally argue that McDaniels has bought some patience with a six game winning streak - but that patience certainly doesn't translate to keeping my opinions on what is going wrong to myself while he goes on a six game losing skid (God forbid). But I think that it's fair to say that a team that is on a four game losing skid is having problems that need to be addressed and are up for fair discussion amongst fans.

What would be the point of a message board but to discuss the good and the bad?

Last edited by Taco John; 11-23-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

personally, I expected this team to be where they're at now....what I didnt expect was how we would get there
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I'm not giving up my seat. But don't sit next to me. I crapped pants during yesterdays game
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Hold on to your skidmarks!

Titans and Texans coming up!
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Many of the people on this forum are on this site 365 days a year talking about one of the major loves of their lives: Denver Broncos football. I think it's pretty disingenuous to call someone who cares about the team so much that they'd put such an investment of their time in discussing them. It's true, some people aren't happy with the direction of the team. It's true, some of them are a little (I think) premature and overboard in their criticisms. And it's also true that a lot of their criticism is valid. We're talking about a four game losing streak here with a team that we know is capable of much more.

I think it's unrealistic to expect Josh McDaniels is going to be able to win a Superbowl in his first year as an NFL coach, regardless of the fact that is exactly what he's hired to do: win it all every year. When you're a Denver Broncos coach, your job is to win the Superbowl, period. I understand the frustration that some people feel when they say "you were patient with Shanahan, you should be patient with Josh." The problem with that logic is that Shanahan bought that patience with a back-to-back Superbowl win.

I would personally argue that McDaniels has bought some patience with a six game winning streak - but that patience certainly doesn't translate to keeping my opinions on what is going wrong to myself while he goes on a six game losing skid (God forbid). But I think that it's fair to say that a team that is on a four game losing skid is having problems that need to be addressed and are up for fair discussion amongst fans.

Very well put, my thoughts exactly.

And seriously folks... This place wouldn't be worth going to if we didn't get asinine playoff expectations after 3 wins and complete board meltdowns after a few losses.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
hold on to your skidmarks!

Titans and texans coming up!
wtf?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

like i said all offseason and into first few weeks of teh season, its not about criticism of what sucks, isnt working and needs to be changed OR accountability. thats different than what is happening here. we have crying, whining, moaning, total gloom and doom from people who predicted wed win less games then we already have (and in that case you think theyd be happy we exceeded expectations?)

its starting all over again.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Oh look another whiney thread from Talongirl.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Oh look another whiney thread from Talongirl.
where have you been all year? clearly waiting for teh team to have troubles before you came back to start crying about how bad they suck.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
where have you been all year? clearly waiting for teh team to have troubles before you came back to start crying about how bad they suck.
I have gone anywhere you little girl. I have 5000 posts since '06 so don't expect a lot of posts from me. Keep playing that bad fan card though its really working for you.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
I have gone anywhere you little girl. I have 5000 posts since '06 so don't expect a lot of posts from me. Keep playing that bad fan card though its really working for you.
and you haven't even said a thing about the team one way or another.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

I don't think this message board stuff is for you.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Have to bump this to go with the other bump... The other thread isn't as funny without this one...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #17
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
I don't think this message board stuff is for you.
OMG! where did you come from...I haven't seen you in a while!
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #18
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Have to bump this to go with the other bump... The other thread isn't as funny without this one...
Could you bump a thread were Popps defends Plummer and you bash him? Those are my favorite threads. Popps claiming he know football because he "played" football in high school and talked to fans from other teams.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Could you bump a thread were Popps defends Plummer and you bash him? Those are my favorite threads. Popps claiming he know football because he "played" football in high school and talked to fans from other teams.
He know dat?
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote