The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default Rookie Class... Where they at?

I am more than a little concerned. Knowshon is a player and looks like he could have a very nice career... Too bad he only gets the ball 8 times a game.

Ayers was really showing promise... Then boom, inactive! Was he sick or is he too in McD's doghouse!

Alphonso Smith... when is the last time he made a noticeable play? Sure wish we had our draft pick at this point, that or Ray Mauluga!

McBath has shown some promise...thank god!

Richard Quinn, medicine womanizer... Worthless! Arrested, terrible mistakes on the field, and now in the doghouse.

Olsen and Mckinley NADA. Sure, it takes three years to say with any certainty, but you can also say that a team that is talent deprived should be able to count on their first and second round picks!

Discuss
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

the ayers thing boggles my mind, maybe keeping him fresh for the giants? this left me scratching my head
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Smith is hurt if I not mistaken. Quinn was in the game and had a few key blocks on Moreno's long runs.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekcuf View Post
I am more than a little concerned. Knowshon is a player and looks like he could have a very nice career... Too bad he only gets the ball 8 times a game.
He's had one game with less than 8 attempts.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
the ayers thing boggles my mind, maybe keeping him fresh for the giants? this left me scratching my head
Ayers is not holding the edge on run plays.. Watch the past couple of games when he is in. Alphonso lost his job to a street cb that should tell you a lot about him. Quinn is riding pine why he was picked in the 2nd is beyond me. Olsen is going to sit all of our OLineman have except for Clady and we know why.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
He's had one game with less than 8 attempts.
Fair snuff... So why only 8 carries today. Bellcow him and wear his ass out! You don't draft him to run him occasionally! If anything it shows that our coach shiat his pants today. I am a huge McD fan, but he is in a funk as much as any one player or unit on this team. Popps keeps running the "we weren't going to the SB this year so relax" bit.... So play the ***cing rookies! What do we have to lose?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Gotta see what the rooks have! They will play and make mistakes, why not get that growth started?!?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I'm more concerned with Moreno's seeming inability to hold onto the football than anything else really. The guy I'm most excited about, and is showing a ton of potential, but can't avoid dropping the ball every other ****ing carry.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Who would you rather McD selected? Remember, his genius only allowed 44 names on his draft board. Options were limited.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Who would you rather McD selected? Remember, his genius only allowed 44 names on his draft board. Options were limited.
Was fine with Knowshon, but thought we should gave gone Orakpo. Hated the Ayers pick, wish we would have with Harvin... And yes, I said the same thing during the draft. Mauluga instead of Smith, William Moore instead of McBath (McBath growing on me and proving me wrong), and Shonn Greene instead of Quinn. Talk about somebody that could pound the Rock!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

If we can get hold of whoever taught Tiki Barber to hold on to the damn football Moreno will be all right, but this fumbling of his has to stop, he puts the ball on the ground way too much for someone who doesn't get 25 carries per game.

Ayers is apparently behind Jarvis Moss now, that is never a good thing.

Al Smith is really making that 1st rounder we traded for him seem expensive, he is not getting on the field and when he was on the field he was mostly awful. This guy needs to come a LONG way very fast considering how a number of young DBs are tearing it up.

Mcbath has to step up next game and show that he is more Brian Dawkins than Marquand Manuel.

Richard Quinn, I would be happy if I saw him do anything - how anyone even in the fever pitch of Mcdanielsitis could defend this trade and pick is beyond me - this guy has done jack to show he can take over for Graham, his presence has not made our short yard run game unstoppable and he has yet to show that the 12 catches he had in his entire college career was not his fault.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I was atleast nice about it dude!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekcuf View Post
Was fine with Knowshon, but thought we should gave gone Orakpo. Hated the Ayers pick, wish we would have with Harvin... And yes, I said the same thing during the draft. Mauluga instead of Smith, William Moore instead of McBath (McBath growing on me and proving me wrong), and Shonn Greene instead of Quinn. Talk about somebody that could pound the Rock!
Just imagine where we would be with these guys @ the helm. Our coach is a "genius" alright
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Although not a rookie, I would just like to "thank" Jarvis Moss for his offsides penalty contribution to the game...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #15
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Ray Mauluga Ray Mauluga Ray Mauluga piss on the pick
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Although not a rookie, I would just like to "thank" Jarvis Moss for his offsides penalty contribution to the game...
and that should put him on the bench forever ...hills style .
Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

We need more info on the Ayers thing. That's troublesome. Maybe he made some big-time errors last week?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
Denver724
Ring of Famer

The Smith pick still wears on me. How can we trade a future 1st rounder for this guy? I still think it has to do with money. Bowlen doesn't want to pay two 1st rounders in 2010. Wish we would have taken the other Smith (Sean Smith with the Dolphins).
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #19
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
We need more info on the Ayers thing. That's troublesome. Maybe he made some big-time errors last week?
He is a MLB is his real problem
Old 11-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #20
Denver724
Ring of Famer

From Clayton's last call. Pretty much says it all.

On Sunday, first-rounder Robert Ayers was among four draft choices who were inactive. Halfback Knowshon Moreno is the only draft choice who has started. Cornerback Alphonso Smith, who cost McDaniels next year's first-round pick, is playing behind Ty Law as a nickelback.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
From Clayton's last call. Pretty much says it all.

On Sunday, first-rounder Robert Ayers was among four draft choices who were inactive. Halfback Knowshon Moreno is the only draft choice who has started. Cornerback Alphonso Smith, who cost McDaniels next year's first-round pick, is playing behind Ty Law as a nickelback.
These guys will get their chance. McDaniels has shown that. Moreno is a rook, and starting. Ayers started most of the season, or at least played heavily.

Smith? We'll see. My guess is that McDaniels felt we were making too many rookie mistakes out there, and wanted to settle things down.

It's tough to know what would have happened these past two weeks with a healthy Orton. A functional offense wins that game last week, and likely makes this game more competitive.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #22
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I would have liked to see Percy Harvin, Robert Ayers and Ray Mauluga...

All I know is that it sure would have been fun to watch Mark Ingram run in the Denver Broncos' backfield.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #23
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I still think Alphonso Smith has something special and could possibly develop into a great player down the road.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think Moreno needs to be sat down for a game. It's the only way this is gonna sink into his melon. There is no way Moreno can lose that ball on the 1 yard line and he does anyway. Sit him down.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Rey Maualuga hasnt done a whole lot. He has been outplayed by Cushing, Laurinaitus and even Clay Mathews who hasnt started everygame and has better stats asside from having a few less tackles but he has more sacks and more passes defended in less playing time.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-22-2009 at 11:03 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote