The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
richpjr
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default McDanial talking trash to the Charger LB's before the game?

Living north of San Diego, I caught some of the radio post game show and supposedly McDaniels walked up to the Charger linebackers before the game while they were warming up and told them "We own you."

WTF Not very smart, if true.
richpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

highly unlikely.

there was a jackhole talking trash at the game, but his name is Philip Rivers.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

People make the comparison to us being the Pats of the AFC west, I think we are more like the Jets of the AFC west. Both started hot, both have head coaches who like to talk, and both are in severe trouble.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Josh's enthusiasm because of his youth as a HC could make it possible. Who knows, but really stupid on his part if he actually did that.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
ZIG ZAG
Rookie

Be Afraid...

Marty1090

Shaun Phillips called McDaniels a cocky ass and said the onside quick was stupid- and shows his cockiness

GO PHILIPS!
ZIG ZAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

some stupid ( charger) radio host spread that rumor take it for what it's worth.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Sure he did.

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Apparently he was provoked by the Chargers defense. Even if he was, does he really have to let it get under his skin like that.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...ites-chargers/

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

-- KEVIN ACEE
Old 11-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Apparently he was provoked by the Chargers defense. Even if he was, does he really have to let it get under his skin like that.

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

-- KEVIN ACEE
So he admits it...... Who cares what they said to him. And maybe they said some thing small, like "we are going after your QB all day", ....who really knows but he tells them we own you?

Young and dumb!
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

-- KEVIN ACEE

coordinate the most prolific offense in NFl history and have multiple SB wins. . . . . . what about you shaun D-bag what have you done?
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

-- KEVIN ACEE
Considering his fist pumps and victory lap after the NE game I would believe this.

I thought the fist pumps were bush league at the time and still do. I guess it is fine if he wins but it is sad when he puts up a Mangini like 4 game losing streak.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Considering his fist pumps and victory lap after the NE game I would believe this.

I thought the fist pumps were bush league at the time and still do. I guess it is fine if he wins but it is sad when he puts up a Mangini like 4 game losing streak.
Cut the kid some slack rookies do dumb stuff you really can't blame the guy he did beat his mentor.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
bolthead123
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, 'I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers.'"

Good old fashioned hatred for the other team. I love it. I hope he salvages the season, because things are going to be a lot of fun in the future if both teams stay competitive at the same time.
bolthead123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

who the **** cares anyways.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
coordinate the most prolific offense in NFl history and have multiple SB wins. . . . . . what about you shaun D-bag what have you done?
He doesn't have any Super Bowl wins as a offensive coordinator though. Norv is the one that does. Right now, Josh is experiencing the downside of being a first year HC. He doesn't have the experience to control his emotions like his mentor Belichick.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #16
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

yea fist pumping and getting the crowd into it after a big win is bush league, elway never did things like that
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
Bronxfan
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Sure he did.

DOH! idiot

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...19&postcount=8
Bronxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #18
Bronxfan
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Josh needs to pay more attention to his OWN TEAM before having rabbit ears for other teams---all he needs to do is realize that with LARGELY the same players as last year (minus the QB that he didn't want) we are averaging LESS than the DETROIT LIONS WHO START A ROOKIE QB--and after today--it's even worse---GOOD JOB! What a talentless HACK of a coach..........
Bronxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #19
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Many Bellicheat assistants have went on to be HC's and have have failed (Crennell, Weiss, Mangini)

Jury is still out on McDaniels and he hasnt won anything as New Englands OC. Even Norv has done that.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yep if true not a smart move. Especially with the way his team is playing which is on him.

Another mistake made is starting Simms only to pull him after 2 series. If Orton is good enough to play the game then start him but you had to know that Simms was going to be inept.

I love what McD brought the first 6 games but it looks as if he has not been able to adjust to the rest of league adjusting to him.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
yea fist pumping and getting the crowd into it after a big win is bush league, elway never did things like that
Name an HC that pulls this crap.

Players sure, but most HC's lead by example.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Why give the Dolts something to get pumped for this game RIGHT before it starts? Not very smart at all
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #23
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxfan View Post
Josh needs to pay more attention to his OWN TEAM before having rabbit ears for other teams---all he needs to do is realize that with LARGELY the same players as last year (minus the QB that he didn't want) we are averaging LESS than the DETROIT LIONS WHO START A ROOKIE QB--and after today--it's even worse---GOOD JOB! What a talentless HACK of a coach..........
you don't even know if the stories true and your mouth still opens and shuts.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Also its funny that all of a sudden Chargers fans show up after their team wins. However, they were nowhere to be seen the first time the team played. But what do you expect from Chargers fans. Most will be Oakland fans again if they ever can turn it around.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #25
pink_feet
Like my shoes?

woo hoo!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well thats embarrassing.

Nothing like giving the other team some motivation.
pink_feet is offline   Reply With Quote