The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Josh McDaniels & The Offense Lost Us This Game

1) This idea of "trying out" Chris Simms was retarded from the beginning. If Orton was healthy enough to come in midway, just start the guy rather than putting him out there to play from behind.
2) Turnovers were killers. If Simms doesn't fumble, we at minimum get 3 points to open. If Moreno doesn't fumble, chances are we punch it in for 7. We're then in the game, don't need to try the on-side kick, etc.

Although, I didn't mind the onside kick. Sometimes you have to be creative to try and make a play and/or get momentum on your side.

I know the defense is going to get railed on, and they're not without blame, as they need work. But if the offense can put up some points, this is a very different game.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Mcd is failure.he will be gone in couple of seasons
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
1) This idea of "trying out" Chris Simms was retarded from the beginning. If Orton was healthy enough to come in midway, just start the guy rather than putting him out there to play from behind.
2) Turnovers were killers. If Simms doesn't fumble, we at minimum get 3 points to open. If Moreno doesn't fumble, chances are we punch it in for 7. We're then in the game, don't need to try the on-side kick, etc.

Although, I didn't mind the onside kick. Sometimes you have to be creative to try and make a play and/or get momentum on your side.

I know the defense is going to get railed on, and they're not without blame, as they need work. But if the offense can put up some points, this is a very different game.

I completely agree with #1. Why was Simms starting the game if Orton was healthy enough to come in during a blowout? Makes zero sense, and I am sure McDaniels will be getting torn up for it this week.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

McD will be solid. I was questionable about him early on, but I think he has football smarts up the wazoo. He isn't timid, that's a good thing. He'll learn. I am not worried about our coach. A few dumb decisions, but he'll learn from them.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
I completely agree with #1. Why was Simms starting the game if Orton was healthy enough to come in during a blowout? Makes zero sense, and I am sure McDaniels will be getting torn up for it this week.
Not only that, but we also keep Orton in the game when there is no chance to win.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

I didn't mind the onside kick either. It was an unfortunate situation for the Broncos to be in to consider an onside kick at that point in the game.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #7
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I will say the onside kick sucked all the momentum away ( that we gained) and the simms experiment but iam sure MCD won't make that rookie mistake again ( live and learn i guess) there will be a alot more game like this in the future MCDs gotta learn sometime just like all the other rookies.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Popps
It's so easy

I'm not sure what McDaniels could have done to make Moreno hold onto the ball or to make Simms grow a brain and get rid of it when he's got 10 seconds in the pocket.

Should Simms never have played? Maybe. But, again... we all saw Simms play in the preseason. He wasn't THIS bad. McD probably had some reason to think we could install a game plan to keep us in the game.

We lost a game short-handed, folks. It's not a surprise. The Chargers are hot, and a good team. We're banged up, and reeling.

The season isn't over.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Yea.. exactly. He think he is magically better than learned coaches and teams.. ah, the optimism of youth. He'll get over it, I think he'll be a very good coach in this league. I don't care what anyone says though, it was a very stupid decision to go for the onside.

Also, I am still not sold on Orton.. I hope we replace him some day in the next couple of years.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I will say the onside kick sucked all the momentum away ( that we gained) and the simms experiment but iam sure MCD won't make that rookie mistake again ( live and learn i guess) there will be a alot more game like this in the future MCDs gotta learn sometime just like all the other rookies.
Honestly, I thought any momentum we might have been gaining died when we settled for the FG. It did almost nothing to actually get us back in the game. Going for the onside might have been an attempt to get some real life back into the game.

That said, if you're going to take a gamble to try and get back into it, I'd rather have gone for the TD on 4th than tried the onside.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

yea FIRE MCD FIRE MCD, watch these same people jump on his nut sack after he has some time to get quality players to fill in the huge holes shanny left on this team

Mcd is a great coach, its the 1st year people, new O new D relax
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm not sure what McDaniels could have done to make Moreno hold onto the ball or to make Simms grow a brain and get rid of it when he's got 10 seconds in the pocket.

Should Simms never have played? Maybe. But, again... we all saw Simms play in the preseason. He wasn't THIS bad. McD probably had some reason to think we could install a game plan to keep us in the game.

We lost a game short-handed, folks. It's not a surprise. The Chargers are hot, and a good team. We're banged up, and reeling.

The season isn't over.
again- Orton played significant time today. Why didn't he start if he was able to come into a blowout and stay in the game? Indefensible to say the least.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
If Moreno doesn't fumble, chances are we punch it in for 7.
It was a TD. How the F they cant get that right with a replay in beyond me. You can clearly see his head is breaking the plane. But you cant see the ball. Then the other angle where you can see the ball shows the ball comes out as he reaches the ball past his head...... Simple as that
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
again- Orton played significant time today. Why didn't he start if he was able to come into a blowout and stay in the game? Indefensible to say the least.
amen.... Simms was demoralizing from the start
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Neither Simms nor Orton got the job done. The constant between both of them? McD calling offense.

Fix the root problem. Then worry about the QB problem.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
yea FIRE MCD FIRE MCD, watch these same people jump on his nut sack after he has some time to get quality players to fill in the huge holes shanny left on this team

Mcd is a great coach, its the 1st year people, new O new D relax
Three years from now, we're deep in the playoffs and all these people will be posting, "I always loved McD and always knew he'd be a great coach."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not to mention the HUGE hole McD created. He has managed to turn one of best offenses in yds (2nd in the league) and one of the better scoring teams in the league (around 10th when counting only points scored by the offense, and this despite being near last in the league in field starting position). These were young guys that needed to be guided (especially Cutler) to achieve their full potential, and he appeared to have the credentials to do so. But instead every player in the offense, which is his area is underperforming, and guys like Hillis, who did very well last yr are now too incompetent to dress for most games. And people are happy to pile on Hillis for being dumb, but the fact remains the coaches found ways to make him excel last yr, and this offensive genius cannot even figure out how to use him enough to dress him. The offense problems are McD created. All the damage was self-inflicted and had nothing to do with Shanny. On the contrary, Shanny left an excellent group of kids from which to build. Instead the D seems to have been dramatically improved (the area Shanny did screw up), and the O has been virtually destroyed, despite the latter's potential to be near the top of the league in every category when he first arrived.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #18
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
Honestly, I thought any momentum we might have been gaining died when we settled for the FG. It did almost nothing to actually get us back in the game. Going for the onside might have been an attempt to get some real life back into the game.

That said, if you're going to take a gamble to try and get back into it, I'd rather have gone for the TD on 4th than tried the onside.

What iam pointing too is the defense was starting to do well and would have probably gotten the ball back but ended up defending a short field because of the failed onside kick i just think it took the wind out of the D prematurely.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #19
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Mcd has the potential to be a great coach, its the 1st year people, new O new D relax
Fixed it for ya.

PS the problem is not the D.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Neither Simms nor Orton got the job done. The constant between both of them? McD calling offense.

Fix the root problem. Then worry about the QB problem.
McDaniels knows how to call an offense, just maybe his ability to recognize talent @ the QB position is a bit lacking.

Run game needs to get going stat.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #21
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Not to mention the HUGE hole McD created. He has managed to turn one of best offenses in yds (2nd in the league) and one of the better scoring teams in the league (around 10th when counting only points scored by the offense, and this despite being near last in the league in field starting position). These were young guys that needed to be guided (especially Cutler) to achieve their full potential, and he appeared to have the credentials to do so. But instead every player in the offense, which is his area is underperforming, and guys like Hillis, who did very well last yr are now too incompetent to dress for most games. And people are happy to pile on Hillis for being dumb, but the fact remains the coaches found ways to make him excel last yr, and this offensive genius cannot even figure out how to use him enough to dress him. The offense problems are McD created. All the damage was self-inflicted and had nothing to do with Shanny. On the contrary, Shanny left an excellent group of kids from which to build. Instead the D seems to have been dramatically improved (the area Shanny did screw up), and the O has been virtually destroyed, despite the latter's potential to be near the top of the league in every category when he first arrived.
I agree with everything you just wrote.

I have a little bit more confidence that McDaniels will turn it around in the next few years though, given a decent QB to work with.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #22
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
McDaniels knows how to call an offense, just maybe his ability to recognize talent @ the QB position is a bit lacking.

Run game needs to get going stat.

Or maybe MCD got the best guy available with cutler wanting out of denver ( was there another deal out there?) just maybe orton isn't the long term QB ( did that ever cross your mind)
Old 11-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #23
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Or maybe MCD got the best guy available with cutler wanting out of denver ( was there another deal out there?) just maybe orton isn't the long term QB ( did that ever cross your mind)
He wanted Cassel. Cassel ****ing sucks.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #24
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
He wanted Cassel. Cassel ****ing sucks.

He enquired about cassels and p***Yboy cutler threw a hissy fit like the punk**** he is.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Mcd is failure.he will be gone in couple of seasons
He's 6-4 on a team that a **** ton of people here think has more talent than it really does.

Christ, there are a bunch of retards here. He should be given a medal if this team hits 8 wins.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote