The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Another Shanahan collapse

The more things change...

This game is turning into a embaressment. We have safties who can't cover gaps, corners that are too short, linemen who can't stop the rush, quarterbacks who take too much time in the middle, or overthrow wide open receivers.

In short, last years team, only with more questions at quarterback.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

I hope people realize that agianst BAL, PIT and SD, they weren't merely losses, they were embarrassing blowouts....
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

better defense than last year. Need a QB.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
jmz313
Ring of Famer

D lost its attitude. O is either outta sync, injured, or putting the ball on the turf at any given time. Good news is we are still in the hunt with losses to most WC teams. Bad news, if the team doesnt figure it out, its another colapse.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The offense has not put together a single performance this entire season to provide that they are contenders. Those of us who pointed that out at 6-0 were crucified by the McDaniel stormtroopers.

This defense might be better then last years - our epic collapses occurred later in the season - but there is no question that the offense is horrific.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Lack of talent shows up midseason thats what's happened for the last decade here. Disappointed sure but, not a shocker.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Lack of talent shows up midseason thats what's happened for the last decade here. Disappointed sure but, not a shocker.
Exactly. McDaniels schemed his way to a 6-0 start. now the lack of talent is shining through. I'm optimistic about the future.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Exactly. McDaniels schemed his way to a 6-0 start. now the lack of talent is shining through. I'm optimistic about the future.
Def think the D schemed its way by the first 6 games but the O has kinda just gotten the job done when it mattered. We are now being put away by teams cause the D is exposed somewhat and they get worn down cause the O is not staying on the field. +7 turnovers first 6 games, -7 last 4 games.

I'm optimistic as well. Orton doesnt get hurt in DC we prob win it and carry good momentum with a health QB into this game. Season isnt over.... yet.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I think a Shanahan led Broncos team in 09' wins the AFC West easily, sweeping every team.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Wow, the season's over?

Well, at least we ended the season with a winning record.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I think a Shanahan led Broncos team in 09' wins the AFC West easily, sweeping every team.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

scheme. good for first half.

execution. good for playoffs.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
How can a backup QB be so ill prepared? The game changed when Orton came into this game with his injured ankle. Orton didn't fumble the ball into the end zone.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #14
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Better scheme and Defense....the obvious problem is the worst Bronco Offense in the last 30 years has managed to not only stinkup the joint but has also managed to wear down a once promising Defense; b/c the offense inability to move the ball and avoid 3 downs and punts, utimately caused the defense to collapse as well.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
How can a backup QB be so ill prepared? The game changed when Orton came into this game with his injured ankle. Orton didn't fumble the ball into the end zone.
Orton is smart and has a better command of the game plan and checkdowns.

Simms looks gun shy. I would be too if I had lost an internal organ because of football. He doesn't belong on the field.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
The offense has not put together a single performance this entire season to provide that they are contenders. Those of us who pointed that out at 6-0 were crucified by the McDaniel stormtroopers.

This defense might be better then last years - our epic collapses occurred later in the season - but there is no question that the offense is horrific.
Pretty much. The offense couldn't be questioned when they were 6-0. But I was never impressed by the O, and never impressed by Orton. There weren't very many moments when the offense looked good, and there were games where the offense wasn't really productive, but they won because the D played great, namely in the 2nd half of games.

I still like what I'm seeing on D, because they sucked the last 2 and a half years. But I can't remember the O being this bad in years. Well, there were a couple years where injuries killed them. But this O was never any good and have never shown any signs of being good.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #17
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think the defense now (after the 1st 6 games) is playing at about the same level as last year. Giving up a ton of yardage on the ground and the pass defense is really weak. In fact, I think Champ is past his prime. Not worth the millions he is guaranteed next year. I can see him being cut unless he takes a pay cut. I am sure there will be people who disagree, but QB's are going after him a lot this season (with success).
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Wow, the season's over?

Well, at least we ended the season with a winning record.
building a winning football teamô
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #19
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Orton is smart and has a better command of the game plan and checkdowns.

Simms looks gun shy. I would be too if I had lost an internal organ because of football. He doesn't belong on the field.
I can understand the gun shyness and being "rusty" after a 3 year "layoff" from football but, I find it hard to believe he can be holding the #2 QB position. Is Brandstater that bad?
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #20
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
I can understand the gun shyness and being "rusty" after a 3 year "layoff" from football but, I find it hard to believe he can be holding the #2 QB position. Is Brandstater that bad?
I am super curious to see what Brandstater has. He is definitely the most physically talented QB on the team, and from everything I have read, he has a brain.

Putting him in at this point of the season would be akin to throwing a pork chop at a tiger though
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #21
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

Well, our lack of talent is in part to 30million in dead cap space. We know this team can do it but they have to play near perfect games and with heart. Hard on the D when the offense can't do anything.
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #22
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
building a winning football teamô
I believe he is. Doesn't happen overnight.

6-4, 10 games in... a game out of first place... with a totally new system on both sides of the ball.

Not too shabby.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:

6-4, 10 games in... a game out of first place... with a totally new system on both sides of the ball.

Not too shabby.
ok, take off the blinders. there is something wrong in dove valley right now. something terribly terribly wrong. you can pretend that 6-4 is good if you want, but let me give you an analogy.

you win $100M in the lottery. you go to pick up the $$$ at the lottery office. they give the money to you. on the bus home, you accidentally leave a bag with $99M in it on the seat when you leave the bus. when you get home, you've only got $1M left. now sure, that's $1M you didn't have before you won the lottery. but it's not the $100M you had earlier in the day. are you going to celebrate having the $1M or be pissed about losing the $99M?

if we started 3-3 or 2-4, then a 6-4 record would be fine. but we started 6-0. there is no enjoyment in a 6-4 record after that start.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Better scheme and Defense....the obvious problem is the worst Bronco Offense in the last 30 years has managed to not only stinkup the joint but has also managed to wear down a once promising Defense; b/c the offense inability to move the ball and avoid 3 downs and punts, utimately caused the defense to collapse as well.
But... But ...But McD is the best offensive mind EEEEEEEEEEEVVEERRRRRRRRRRR genius my ass
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

Not too shabby.
the we're 6-4 routine isn't going to cut it forever the losses are mounting up quickly with 2 very hard games coming up I can see 6-6 as a good possibility then what we're 6-6 and the greatest 6-6 team ever
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote