The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default Shanahan thought about trading Cutler?

From Adam Schefter's 10 spot. I wish he would elaborate a bit more.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...dam&id=4668347

The idea to trade Jay Cutler from Denver to Chicago hardly originated after Josh McDaniels was hired in Denver. The idea, as far-fetched as it seemed, had come up in Denver exactly one year ago. Now it looks as if Denver knew what it was doing, trading the immensely gifted but occasionally troubled quarterback to the Chicago Bears for the bounty that was two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton.

Thanks to mistake-prone wide receivers, a leaky offensive line and inadequate play calling, Cutler has struggled. His biggest problems have come at night, in nationally televised games; he will play another Sunday night against Philadelphia. In his past four prime-time games -- the regular-season finale in San Diego last season and three this season -- Cutler has thrown 13 interceptions. There were two in the regular-season finale, four in the regular-season opener against the Packers this season, two more against the Falcons and five last Thursday night against the 49ers. The Bears don't regret the Cutler trade, but they can second-guess it. And ultimately, it's expected to cost some offensive coaches their jobs after the season.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BS!!! no way our great shanny ever wanted to trade jay BABY cutler.

only Mcpoopy pants would ever want to trade jay cutler. . . .

oh wait
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

To be fair, nothing here actually says anything about Shanahan thinking about trading Cutler, it just says it had come up in Denver. It's been rumored that Ellis hated Cutler. My guess is that this story more likely traces back to him or Xanders than it does Shanahan.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

that's all Adam is going to say?

this sounds like the Shanny B-marsh trade rumors
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Wow,,,,, However I don't put it past Shanny. Jake was playing great and then he drafted Jay?
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
Meck77

Well well well.......Even Shanny realized that Cutler was not a franchise QB. After all you don't trade Franchise Qbs right?

I said it the moment Cutler was diagnosed with diabetes. "He won't even be in the league in a few years". I really think everyone is downplaying his ability to play with diabetes. Not to mention his mopey attitude is even worse. We're talking a QB with mental and physical problems people. Get with it. The guy just isn't a winner. Period.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

it's not like Shanny's first choice was Tony Homo
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
From Adam Schefter's 10 spot. I wish he would elaborate a bit more.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...dam&id=4668347

The idea to trade Jay Cutler from Denver to Chicago hardly originated after Josh McDaniels was hired in Denver. The idea, as far-fetched as it seemed, had come up in Denver exactly one year ago. Now it looks as if Denver knew what it was doing, trading the immensely gifted but occasionally troubled quarterback to the Chicago Bears for the bounty that was two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton.

Thanks to mistake-prone wide receivers, a leaky offensive line and inadequate play calling, Cutler has struggled. His biggest problems have come at night, in nationally televised games; he will play another Sunday night against Philadelphia. In his past four prime-time games -- the regular-season finale in San Diego last season and three this season -- Cutler has thrown 13 interceptions. There were two in the regular-season finale, four in the regular-season opener against the Packers this season, two more against the Falcons and five last Thursday night against the 49ers. The Bears don't regret the Cutler trade, but they can second-guess it. And ultimately, it's expected to cost some offensive coaches their jobs after the season.
That they'll admit to...
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Well well well.......Even Shanny realized that Cutler was not a franchise QB. After all you don't trade Franchise Qbs right?

I said it the moment Cutler was diagnosed with diabetes. "He won't even be in the league in a few years". I really think everyone is downplaying his ability to play with diabetes. Not to mention his mopey attitude is even worse. We're talking a QB with mental and physical problems people. Get with it. The guy just isn't a winner. Period.
Playing in the NFL with diabetes is by no means impossible... But it takes the right attitude, commitment, and lifestyle adjustments.

So therefore, there are serious questions about whether Jay Cutler can play in the NFL with diabetes.

I certainly concur that Jay's not a winner....
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I don't think his play has much to do with diabetes. I believe he thinks he's better than he actually is. Why else would he continue to throw into double and triple coverage? Does he NOT think that some of those passes will end up in the hands of the opposing team?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
makes me laugh every time....even though it is so wrong.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

So if Shanahan ends up coaching the Bears, Cutler should immediately ask for a trade. I mean, how can Cutler possibly trust him if he thought for even one second about trading the franchise.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

How is it possible that Shanny's former staff and Shanahan can keep a trade rumor hidden so long even while not even coaching but McD's staff along with McD can't keep one hidden for a week?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
How is it possible that Shanny's former staff and Shanahan can keep a trade rumor hidden so long even while not even coaching but McD's staff along with McD can't keep one hidden for a week?
Because they aren't the ones that went public with it. The other teams that thought they might have a trade in the works are the ones that brought all of this out to the media.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #16
Williams
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ah, you fail to see McD's genius. He anticipated Cutler's emo reaction and had the rumor leaked to get the trade wheels in motion. Everything went according to the master plan.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Attachment 25583

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

****in' McDaniels, oh wait . . . nevermind.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
To be fair, nothing here actually says anything about Shanahan thinking about trading Cutler, it just says it had come up in Denver. It's been rumored that Ellis hated Cutler. My guess is that this story more likely traces back to him or Xanders than it does Shanahan.
Ellis didn't like Shanahan either.

I am pretty certain this blurb from Schefter came straight from Ellis.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well it looks like according to the rumors, Shanny wanted to trade Bmarsh and Cutler!.....Yeah Right.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Well it looks like according to the rumors, Shanny wanted to trade Bmarsh and Cutler!.....Yeah Right.
No he was going to flat out cut Marshall. I'm sure if Clady gets benched 7 months later someone will write a article about how benching Clady was something Mike talked about. The only time this rumor would have had any weight too it would have been around the time the trade rumors started up in the first place. Now it just seems like someone partied right up till his article was due.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Now it just seems like someone partied right up till his article was due.
Typical Schefter amirite
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #23
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Schefter is usually right with his predictions based on 'inside information,' though, so I usually take his rumors seriously.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #24
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

This isn't the first speculation that Shanahan thought about trading him. Can't recall where, but it seems like another writer was on this a while back.

Didn't take McDaniels long to see it, either.

Sit back and wait a bit, and the folks in Chicago will see it, too.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #25
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Shanahan very well could have had questions about Cutler, and noone would questioned if he was dealt with his health, mopey 'tude and fail in big situations. But he was the king chip in any trade, young, healthy (cept for the type 1 which is managble but may do more on mood than we think, and an appesarance the maybe he just didn't have a passion for the game.
It appears the x-man and Eliss saw ay as 1 that only had to answer to shanny.

And whats wrong with pa=rolaying an 11 pick into a similar deal we got from Da Bears, ssuming we keep our 10 pick?

The sticker is that dingleberry on shannys ass, slowdick. Bring in Nolan or Capers, and flush twice on D.

Bring in a Garcia and draft a preinjury Bradford or McCoy and a couple dynamic RB's, but not 6 of 9 picks on O.

Remember also, it wasn't just about Cutler, there were issues with BM, Weigman, Turner, and Dennison. Bates was gone regardless once Cutler was.

We have a 2 game home stand regardless in the next week to see if we're contenders.

Obviously a win against SD is the big 1. Then we roll over a weak NY team and go 8-3.

If neckbeard has a second comming.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote