The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default I just can't believe it........again!!!!

We blew a 3 game lead last season in 3 weeks, and now we blow a 3 and 1/2 game lead in 4 weeks. How does that happen? It is so frustrating to see our team play right into the hands of both the Ravens and Steelers by not spreading their defenses and throwing down field but rather sideline to sideline, then all of a sudden "getting it" and finally throwing downfield only to lose our QB and lose to Washington of all teams. Orton will probably be out two games. We have to beat the Chargers next week we just have to. I just can't see last year happening all over again.

Last edited by long beach bronco; 11-16-2009 at 04:55 AM..
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
We blew a 3 game lead last season in 3 weeks, and now we blow a 3 and 1/2 game lead in 4 weeks. How does that happen? It is so frustrating to see our team play right into the hands of both the Ravens and Steelers by not spreading their defenses and throwing down field but rather sideline to sideline, then all of a sudden "getting it" and finally throwing downfield only to lose our QB and lose to Washington of all teams. Orton will probably be out two games. We have to beat the Chargers next week we just have to. I just can't see last year happening all over again.
I laughed at myself when people started creating threads about super bowl, winning the division etc when we are 6-0.

I was happy..but, still i was thinking.."Will we choke again?".

At office, my collegues were saying "You are 3-0,4-0 etc". I used to just smile.

I know NFL is a long season and the history is not in our favor in 2nd half of the season.

Right now, I am not even sure we can reach playoff's.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Next week's game is HUGE. We haven't had anything to cheer about around here in a month, and here come the Chargers again. We need to man up and take it to them and take care of business. A win would give us a one game lead in the standings and a two game lead in the tiebreaker.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Next week's game is HUGE. We haven't had anything to cheer about around here in a month, and here come the Chargers again. We need to man up and take it to them and take care of business. A win would give us a one game lead in the standings and a two game lead in the tiebreaker.
Yup.....by the time we play the Chargers on Sunday, it will have been FIVE weeks since our last win......sad.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

deja-vu, all over again
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

WTH happened in our bye week? We haven't looked even a little sharp since that week off.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

It all started with that horrible game plan against the Ravens. We played east and west instead of north and south. You can't play sideline to sideline against teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, they will kill you. Every time they lose, they have lost to teams going down the field on them. We finally woke up yesterday with the Redskins thinking that we were not going downfield and they got burned twice and then we lose Orton. Orton proved to me that he can heave that sucker downfield and I expect more of that when he returns. It will open up everything else.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
It all started with that horrible game plan against the Ravens. We played east and west instead of north and south. You can't play sideline to sideline against teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, they will kill you. Every time they lose, they have lost to teams going down the field on them. We finally woke up yesterday with the Redskins thinking that we were not going downfield and they got burned twice and then we lose Orton. Orton proved to me that he can heave that sucker downfield and I expect more of that when he returns. It will open up everything else.
I was at hte game, watching pregame warmups, and watching Orton absolutely hit a dime from his own 40 to the other 10. That's a 50 yard toss, it was effortless, and hit his target perfectly.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
I was at hte game, watching pregame warmups, and watching Orton absolutely hit a dime from his own 40 to the other 10. That's a 50 yard toss, it was effortless, and hit his target perfectly.
and one has to wonder why McD didn't throw it deep to open things up sooner
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
and one has to wonder why McD didn't throw it deep to open things up sooner
i think we're starting to discover that McD has a bit of a stubborn streak. he does what he wants to do. period. e.g., if he makes up his mind that we need to rush for 100+ yards against BAL or PIT to have a chance of winning, then he's gonna keep calling running plays no matter what the result and no matter what the score.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Blowing 3 game leads with 11 games to play is not the same as blowing a three game lead with three games to play. Especially when you're starting QB is injured. It's pretty much universally accepted you are going to fall off.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

GO Bison Kick OU

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Blowing 3 game leads with 11 games to play is not the same as blowing a three game lead with three games to play. Especially when you're starting QB is injured. It's pretty much universally accepted you are going to fall off.
Quoted for truth.

I hope the team that showed up for the game in SD shows up on Sunday...If they do hang on boys...we are in for a fun ride.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

i for one am GRATEFUL we were ever in a position to blow a 3 game lead in the first place after all of the "experts" predicted we would be a 3-13/4-12 team.

now everyone has heightened expectations of the team. be patient. this team is still a "work in progress" ... i mean, seriously, would we even be having threads like this if someone had said "the Broncos will be 6-3 and tied for 1st place with the Chargers going into their matchup in Denver on November 22nd with wins over the Patriots, Cowboys, and Bengals who are now in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC North"? ... and then based on that information alone be having discussions? i think not ...
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote