The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default The Official "I hate that football makes me so emotional" thread.

Seriously.

Why is it that an event I have zero control over and has zero effect on my life effect me more than....anything else in my life.

I'm a pretty laid back guy (for the most part), but when the broncos lose, I actually punch walls. All my life.

If I could brainwash myself into not liking football, I'd do it in a second. its not worth the aggravation.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

This loss hurts man..I am really depressed.

We should have won the game..I cant take this anymore..Every f..king year we start fast and fade in the end.

We don't finish the things..SD will again win the division.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Take Hank Hill's advice and swallow your emotions
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

I have an 11 month old daughter and after the game I turned to her and helped her with her learning to walk and shared many laughs. I was thanking god for her today because it helped me move past the game. Obviously, I am still thinking about it but not with the anger. She helps me put things into the proper perspective.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Looooooooooooooooooooong day. Really long.

At the stadium, I was verbally assaulted by two jackass Redskin fans in the men's room. When it continued into the concourse where I was having a smoke, then back at my seats (they were 10 rows back, then moved up to shout more at me), I finally got my hackles up and started yelling back.

Huge mistake. We almost came to blows after the game when they followed me out and started yelling at my home girl. Not okay. For someone who has to deal with as many Raider fans as I do on a daily basis, I can honestly say that Redskins fans are among the least classless in the league. Awful.

And upset? That doesn't even begin to cover it. I'm flying home right now, and I just keep repeating the game (and those two morons) over and over in my head. Why the hell did Orton have to go down? Christ, we would have had a shot to turn things around with him in there, but with BF7's butt buddy Simms, we had no shot. Just awful.

Long flight home. Long, awful, hideous flight home.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

It's true Le-Lo ... very sad.

Something about the enmeshment of our own identity with the team's.

In short, we are them.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Looooooooooooooooooooong day. Really long.

At the stadium, I was verbally assaulted by two jackass Redskin fans in the men's room. When it continued into the concourse where I was having a smoke, then back at my seats (they were 10 rows back, then moved up to shout more at me), I finally got my hackles up and started yelling back.

Huge mistake. We almost came to blows after the game when they followed me out and started yelling at my home girl. Not okay. For someone who has to deal with as many Raider fans as I do on a daily basis, I can honestly say that Redskins fans are among the least classless in the league. Awful.

And upset? That doesn't even begin to cover it. I'm flying home right now, and I just keep repeating the game (and those two morons) over and over in my head. Why the hell did Orton have to go down? Christ, we would have had a shot to turn things around with him in there, but with BF7's butt buddy Simms, we had no shot. Just awful.

Long flight home. Long, awful, hideous flight home.
It's so much easier to absorb a loss on my couch. Personally I don't even think it counts. I feel your pain.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

fags
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
It's true Le-Lo ... very sad.

Something about the enmeshment of our own identity with the team's.

In short, we are them.
Yep
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I fully endorse this thread.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm sad...

It's a lot worse when no one is around and you're alone, I start yelling and getting genuinely pissed off. When I had my girlfriend there were always ways to cheer me up!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

football makes me

tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

My wife keeps calling me an EMO because I keep walking around the house saying "I hate my life." I completely agree with this thread. I still want to break out into tears because I'm so pissed.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Old 11-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is Bob after 80% of the Chief games:

Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Sometimes I think I care about the games more than the actual players. It's completely illogical. There are so many times I think I should give up watching sports because I get so upset over something I know does not matter all that much.

A lot of times fairweather fans get a bad rap, but I actually envy them. I wish I could just not give a crap when my team is bad but still enjoy games when they're playing well. It's a pretty sensible approach.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Sometimes I think I care about the games more than the actual players. It's completely illogical. There are so many times I think I should give up watching sports because I get so upset over something I know does not matter all that much.

A lot of times fairweather fans get a bad rap, but I actually envy them. I wish I could just not give a crap when my team is bad but still enjoy games when they're playing well. It's a pretty sensible approach.
Watching Simms yuck it up with Haynesworth right after the game has to make you wonder. I have no doubt that diehard fans take it more seriously than 85% of the players. After all, they still get paid.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I usually scare my kids when I watch football...then my wife gets mad and so on and so on. I played college bball, but football is my life and I bleed ORANGE!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post

Great post and great thread. Sometimes I see players laughing in the sidelines during a loss and think "What the hell are you laughing about? We're losing the damn game". I think most of us do care more than the players. I hate that a game affects me this much but I can't help it.

Heck I don't even know why I love this team so much. I just can't help it.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #20
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

male soap opera
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Seriously.

I'm a pretty laid back guy (for the most part), but when the broncos lose, I actually punch walls. All my life.

If I could brainwash myself into not liking football, I'd do it in a second. its not worth the aggravation.
I was the same way, SOLLL. Never quite punched the walls, but when the Broncos lost, I was a b**** until at least Wednesday. I finally decided that was not the way I wanted to live and took some steps back from it.

I never use "we" or "our" when referring to the Broncos now. I'm not on the team and don't even work for the organization. I'm an observer and a fan, not a participant.

I also had to (finally) accept that the guys wearing the other team colors get paid too. They're also part of the one-in-a-million players good enough to reach the NFL, even if their careers are short. If it's one-in-a-million shot to reach the NFL at all, what are the odds of coming up Champ Bailey? John Elway? Rod Smith?

Last, I had to accept that the Broncos as a team are defined by what they do on the field. A big part of my frustrated b****iness came from all the "woulda-coulda-shouldas." If the numbers show that DJ misses tackles, then he is a linebacker who misses tackles, period. That won't change until either DJ works hard enough and long enough to not miss tackles. or the coaches replace him with someone who (they hope) won't miss tackles.

If the season standings say 6-3 right now, with 6 wins followed by 3 straight losses, that's who the Broncos are: a team who can do some things really well, but they've also got some weaknesses that have been exposed.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the losses against Baltimore and Pittsburgh came after both of those teams had bye weeks to study films and analyze the Broncos' schemes. The first six weeks, the Broncos got lucky (at least once) and played within game plans and schemes that maximized their talents. It happens every year with players and teams who start hot. Eventually the rest of the league starts to figure out the schemes, and the hot teams start to cool down. I believe that has happened with the Broncos. (That, and a couple unfortunate injuries.)

I'll watch the rest of the season, of course, and cheer for "my" team. I'll have my groaner moments too, but I don't live and die with the scoreboard outcome. What I'm seeing so far looks like a team that will fight and scrap for every inch and every yard, until they're completely exhausted. Sometimes, unfortunately, that's just not enough. Only one team gets to win the Super Bowl each year. I might yet be surprised, but so far it doesn't look like that team will be the Broncos.

I can live with that.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #22
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

I was at work today during the game, I couldn't stand the suspense any longer so I took a "bathroom break" to check my phone and I had two text messages, one that orton was out, the other that the broncos lost. I wasn't too productive after that
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #23
Broncotilldeath
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I get fired up during the games but I haven't been as pissed as in the past over a loss.

Just more of an unreal response at this point, not surprised at all at anything that happens.
Broncotilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I hate and love it at the same time. When we were 6-0 I was loving life so much, everything was happier, the rainbows were more vibrant, the birds sang sweet music. Now it's snowy and the birds are ****ing annoying.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #25
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I hate and love it at the same time. When we were 6-0 I was loving life so much, everything was happier, the rainbows were more vibrant, the birds sang sweet music. Now it's snowy and the birds are ****ing annoying.
I feel ya!

I don't know about everyone else, but lately my life has been... well, it's hasn't been as good as it once was and the Broncos have always been something I could turn to and forget about everything else. When things go bad like they did today it's just one more thing to get upset about.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote