The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Ill tell you were this problem starts and its NOT at QB

The problem starts in the trenches, as has been said for years our lilneman on both sides of the ball ****in SUCK. With the exception of 1 or 2. Both our D lineman get blown of the ball as well as our o lineman.

This is why we ware down in the second half, undersized under talented players in our trenches.

This is why our defense has just gotten shredded on the ground in the second half, and why we cant seem to put together a solid drive on offense.

Our number one priority next off season should be to acquire some talented lineman.

Discuss...
Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
Boob mojo?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Yeah this is why I don't understand the meltdowns about folding after midseason. I hate the folding too but, fans act like we just need to turn on a switch and things get fixed. Our team is weak and small and not talented on our lines that won't get cured overnight. Until we fix this the folds continue. Shanny did it for a decade I think McD deserves a few years to rebuild it.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Give me a break. We were down 0-6 at Baltimore, and 3-7 against Pittsburgh. The DL or the OL wasn't the problem at that point. The QB was. Failed to capitalize on anything positive our offense had going.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Give me a break. We were down 0-6 at Baltimore, and 3-7 against Pittsburgh. The DL or the OL wasn't the problem at that point. The QB was. Failed to capitalize on anything positive our offense had going.
apparently you cant read...i stated in the second half of games is where our collapses occur. this is due to both of our lines waring out and getting dominated.

The only guy on our defense that can even get any pressure on the QB is Dumervil and even he dissapears a lot, and we cant stop the run. Without blitzing our defense is just as bad as it was last year.

Last edited by Boss Man; 11-15-2009 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

a hailmary on first down turned the tide from that point on the D was on the field way too much because our backup QB stinks.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
Popps
It's so easy

Fixing the trenches can't be done in one offseason. We're much better across the front 7 than last year, but we're in transition from one kind of lineman to another.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Wow, Chris. I have a feeling this obsession isn't going away soon, huh?

Baltimore was all over Orton before he could take the snap. We had no chance in that game.

Against Pitt, Orton certainly had a bad game.

So, he's had one bad game out of 9, and had he stayed healthy... we'd be 7-2 with him as a starter.

He's not Elway, but we have bigger, more immediate problems. You've played the game. You should know better.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Fixing the trenches can't be done in one offseason. We're much better across the front 7 than last year, but we're in transition from one kind of lineman to another.
Yeah, people forget we are still a team in transition. After our hot start, the conversation shifted and loftier expectations replaced meager ones. If we had spread out our loses and were 6-3 (without dropping three straight), i think people would still be somewhat high on the broncos.

But yes, we arent the worst team in the league, probably not even a playoff team at this point, but a team in transition.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Man View Post
The problem starts in the trenches, as has been said for years our lilneman on both sides of the ball ****in SUCK. With the exception of 1 or 2. Both our D lineman get blown of the ball as well as our o lineman.

This is why we ware down in the second half, undersized under talented players in our trenches.

This is why our defense has just gotten shredded on the ground in the second half, and why we cant seem to put together a solid drive on offense.

Our number one priority next off season should be to acquire some talented lineman.

Discuss...
This! Absolutely! We have three solid starting offensive linemen and that is it on the lines. The rest are nothing but backups and rotation guys.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
Boss Man
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i say again. our offensive and defensive line play is just pathetic...
Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Do you even remember those games?

We were dominated on the offensive line the entire game in both games.

Defense only held up for a half.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

QB is absolutely a problem....but you are right that the trenches are also a big issue. Wilfork is a FA. If NE goes cheap and opts to just go with Brace next year, we should jump on it. Bowlen hasn't spent any money for 4 years now according to the study, so he needs to start shelling it out. And Orton cannot get a long term deal under any circumstances.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
brother love
Pro Bowler

I completely agree. Orton is not the problem. he was running for his life all day today.
The d-ends suck balls and our guards suck balls.
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #16
Popps
It's so easy

You know, Orton was a problem today. No question, but I swear to god... right before he threw that first INT to Johnson I thought to myself... how long can we just throw throw throw until something goes wrong? The VERY next play, boom.

Again, I'm open to anything that improves us at the QB position... but it's just not going to matter until we can run the ball.

We simply can't open any holes, and were relegated to a 1-dimensional team. Once that happens, it's all over unless you've got Peyton Manning under center.

I have no idea how far this team can go with Orton, but one thing is certain... when you can't run the ball AT ALL, you aren't going to win playoff games.

This was effectively a playoff game. That team that opened up holes for its RB won.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

The exact same offensive line who was setting franchise records 12 months ago is all of a sudden a huge problem? give me a break, this comes down to poor coaching and crappy QB play.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #18
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Just remember, if Orton threw 2 INT's for TD's, Cutler would have thrown FOUR!!! Every day with Kyle is a much better day than we had with Jay!
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

A Nose Guard (like that big tackle from bama) and a QB (Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford)!!!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #20
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not opposed to investing a high pick in a QB, it's a crucial position and having an average player in such a crucial spot makes it tough.

That said, at least he's average.

Our interior O-Line is an absolute disgrace, and none of our D-Linemen should be depended on to do anything other than provide depth. None of them are any sort of difference making talent that teams have to account for when they're out there.

We need to spend money in FA this year, we can't just expect to draft solutions to our line problems and have them start on Day 1.

Mankins figures to be a FA, he should be targeted heavily IMO.

Marshall is as good as gone I fear, if we can get a 1st for him I think you really start thinking about moving up for Suh.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #21
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Man View Post

Discuss...
You cant fix that problem by drafting RBs TEs and DBs. Maybe you should write a letter to McDonalds.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #22
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

We need more speed on O
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
You cant fix that problem by drafting RBs TEs and DBs. Maybe you should write a letter to McDonalds.
Actually, we did pick up a couple of linemen and the TE was a blocking TE.

The defense was clearly a bigger worry to start the season.

That said, certainly... there should be no doubt what the biggest problem area on this team is, regardless of who's lining up behind center.

We got old and bad on the interior O-line very quickly.

We need at LEAST two new starters in the middle of the o-line, and I have no idea what will happen with Kuper.

If you don't have the lines, you watch playoff games from home. Here we are again.

But, this process wasn't going to happen overnight. Like McDaniels or not, this is a process that will take time.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

the oline got killed today. by teh chiefs. moreno was hit in hte backfield on almost every single run, buck too.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #25
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
QB is absolutely a problem....but you are right that the trenches are also a big issue. Wilfork is a FA. If NE goes cheap and opts to just go with Brace next year, we should jump on it. Bowlen hasn't spent any money for 4 years now according to the study, so he needs to start shelling it out. And Orton cannot get a long term deal under any circumstances.
We all know Orton has limitations. You can't win with this type of QB unless you can consistently control the line of scrimmage and run the ball with authority at ANY point on the field. We are weak up the middle on the line of scrimmage which is fatal to running the ball and protecting an immobile QB. It does not appear we are particularly deep when we lose a front tier lineman.

Yes, you can't lock Orton up with a big guaranteed contract. Simms must go. Wiegmann/Hamilton must go. Berger must go. The NT position as mentioned must be improved. Marshall/Scheffler must go with value in return. It killed me to see Nick Eason and Trevor Pryce make plays today. We need to see a real pass catching tight end that can block - do we keep Graham?
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote