The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default Can we please, please put the Cutler drama behind us

For this who didn't already know, we see now why we couldn't win with him. Orton is not perfect, and he may not even be our QB of the future. But we are 6 - 2 and if we beat Washington on Sunday the world will be right again.

So for the sake of our sanity, just let it go. If I see one more "Cutler would have won this game" thread, I'll vomit.

FYI the bonus here is that trading our Pick for Alphonso Smith now looks even smarter
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
For this who didn't already know, we see now why we couldn't win with him. Orton is not perfect, and he may not even be our QB of the future. But we are 6 - 2 and if we beat Washington on Sunday the world will be right again.

So for the sake of our sanity, just let it go. If I see one more "Cutler would have won this game" thread, I'll vomit.

FYI the bonus here is that trading our Pick for Alphonso Smith now looks even smarter
+1

While I'm one that wasn't sorry to see Cutler get traded, this constant, "I told you so," is getting old.

It's should be plain to all that Bowlen and McDaniels made the correct decision. Let's move forward!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I was pissed that the Broncos traded Cutler but I guess McDaniels is alot smarter then me. I guess McDaniels know that Cutler was dumper then a pile of rocks and will never lead any team to the Superbowl and may never lead and team to the playoffs.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
... Cutler was dumper then a pile of rocks and ...
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Sorry, it's not going away this season, not while we still have their 1st round pick... and thus the genius of McDaniels and this FO shines through again. By trading our 1st instead of theirs to Seattle, they all but solidified our fanbase completely turning on the Golddump Boy.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Next season we can. The worse cutler does this year, the better our draft pick gets. Period. It's relevant, and if you don't like the threads, you don't have to read them.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

It's pretty annoying to see just about every thread on the front page being about Cutler. I'd say that the mods need to get to work and start merging them. Because this is shifting from a Broncos forum to a Cutler forum.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #8
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
It's pretty annoying to see just about every thread on the front page being about Cutler. I'd say that the mods need to get to work and start merging them. Because this is shifting from a Broncos forum to a Cutler forum.
was there a Broncos game last night? seriously... you people demanding control over what gets posted and what doesn't get posted on the OM are getting a bit tedious (i'm not singling you out in particular Jason).

- there was 1 NFL game last night
- that game featured the former Broncos QB that left here on bad terms with the fans
- that QB sucked badly last night

of course the OM is going to be filled with threads about it on Thursday and Friday. until something more relevant supercedes it, that's pretty much all that's going on mid week in the NFL so that's all people have to talk about.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

As our team has lost the last 2 games, it is easier to laugh at someones else's pain than to look at our own. Jay makes it easy with being a mopey-interception machine that crapped on his opportunity here and on this team. If we lose to the Redskins - lookout!

I do like that our 1st round pick keeps improving!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler...

the drama will never end
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
After having everyone related to the NFL (ahum, chris collinswoth) blast us for the trade... saying asinine things like "you don't trade a franchise quarterback" and josh mcdaniels is "in over his head" and "this trade makes the Chicago Bears Super Bowl contenders..." I have no problem with our fans reveling in the greatness that is Cutler's failures. He whined his way out of Denver. From the looks of it, we fleeced the Bears in that trade.. and for at least this season, the Cutler threads are unavoidable. Yeah yeah yeah I know, but but but, he has a rocket arm. Go sit and spin, Jay.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #12
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

people in the midwest dont have to, because we had to listen to all this "thanks for Cutler" stuff a lot more then people out west did. THe guy next to me at work, all I heard about was Bears in the superbowl now thanks to the Denver Broncos. His fantasy name was "thank you broncos"

We get to milk it a little longer then you guys. Maybe until next year even when Lovie Smith gets fired because of Cutler.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #13
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Sorry, it's not going away this season, not while we still have their 1st round pick... and thus the genius of McDaniels and this FO shines through again. By trading our 1st instead of theirs to Seattle, they all but solidified our fanbase completely turning on the Golddump Boy.
I can't see the McDaniel'--Cutler---Orton saga/trade going away anytime soon. When it comes to the NFL, its a 12 month/almost 24 hour non-stop addiction. If the Bears are losing and Cutler is stinking up the joint with his performance....its going to be news and fodder for negative discussions. If Orton plays great/lousy and wins or loses, once again its going to be news both positive and negative opinions and discussions. Should Cutler ever become the 2nd coming of Brett Farve (interceptions included) then once again, it going to be news.

Another point of contention, between Cutler and McDaniel's which one is more than likely to win their first SB! Again a big point of discussions and opinions b/c SB's are very difficult to appear in, let alone win.

Also, once Shanny returns to the NFL the comparisons btwn Mike and McDaniels will ensue as well. The drama is and will always be endless b/c the NFL is a gossip--drama driven league. Can't see any change anytime soon.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Why would we want to put the Cutler drama behind us? It's the most fun we've had in a while.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #15
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
people in the midwest dont have to, because we had to listen to all this "thanks for Cutler" stuff a lot more then people out west did. THe guy next to me at work, all I heard about was Bears in the superbowl now thanks to the Denver Broncos. His fantasy name was "thank you broncos"

We get to milk it a little longer then you guys. Maybe until next year even when Lovie Smith gets fired because of Cutler.
Maybe Chicago is Mike's destiny on where he will be coaching in 2010 or 2011.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #16
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Why would we want to put the Cutler drama behind us? It's the most fun we've had in a while.
Exactly....imagine how mundane and conservatively boring the OM would have been over the last year w/o the firing of Shanny, the hiring of McD, the trading of Cutler, and Marshall's turbulent off-season.

The OrangeMane has been on FIRE!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #17
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post

no its too much fun, this board wouldn't have all the cat fights without it.

pertaining to Alphonso I am a little discouraged with him, if he was playing well we wouldnt have had to sign Ty Law. Is the Fonz hurt or something?
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #18
Bronco Yoda

After back to back losses. The Turnover Machine is just what we needed to brighten our week.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #19
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
was there a Broncos game last night? seriously... you people demanding control over what gets posted and what doesn't get posted on the OM are getting a bit tedious (i'm not singling you out in particular Jason).

- that game featured the former Broncos QB that left here on bad terms with the fans

of course the OM is going to be filled with threads about it on Thursday and Friday. until something more relevant supercedes it, that's pretty much all that's going on mid week in the NFL so that's all people have to talk about.
This is especially true after a broncos loss. Laughing at that POS Cutler is good therapy.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I didn't watch the game last night 'cause I was getting laid, that being said, I do enjoy the morning after posts...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #21
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post

I have no problem with anybody wanting to talk about it. But does everybody have to start their own thread on the same topic? I can understand a few threads, but damn near every thread on the front page is Cutler. Why not just post in a thread that's already there.

Who cares if there was no Broncos game last night. Do we only talk about the Broncos on Mondays after their game? We talk Broncos everyday. But not today.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #22
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
After having everyone related to the NFL (ahum, chris collinswoth) blast us for the trade... saying asinine things like "you don't trade a franchise quarterback" and josh mcdaniels is "in over his head" and "this trade makes the Chicago Bears Super Bowl contenders..." I have no problem with our fans reveling in the greatness that is Cutler's failures. He whined his way out of Denver. From the looks of it, we fleeced the Bears in that trade.. and for at least this season, the Cutler threads are unavoidable. Yeah yeah yeah I know, but but but, he has a rocket arm. Go sit and spin, Jay.
Like I said in my last post, there is no problem with the Cutler bashing. But every damn thread? Why not just post in a thread that's already been created? It's annoying to see the same topic dominate the front page.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Like I said in my last post, there is no problem with the Cutler bashing. But every damn thread? Why not just post in a thread that's already been created? It's annoying to see the same topic dominate the front page.
we will be like this for quite some time or until Cutler pulls his head out of his ass which I don't know is possible

can anyone get him under control?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #24
Popps
It's so easy

We can put the drama behind us...

but the comedy will last for years to come.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #25
INbronco
Rookie

My take on the thread topic is that the trade may have not have been either the best or the worst for our franchise. Mopey fans are loathe to admit that somewhere down the road Jay could turn it around and win a SB. By the same token it's possible that Orton will never play in SB.

The best course for all concerned is to just let Jay go and concentrate on the team we have. It will be fun to see if McD can breathe life into this offense. Also the man vs zone blocking conflict is alive and well and the resolution will also tell us a lot about McPoopyPants (my personal favorite nickname from offseason)

The D turnaround is probably related mostly to the coincedence of some good players becoming available at exactly the right time (Dawkins, Goodman, etc.) and a good defensive coach at the same time. McD didn't make them good but he did recognize their potential and we are bearing the fruit from that. We are also bearing the fruit of his inability to build on a reasonably good offense; seems to me like our offense is worse this year in spite of all the stats people can throw up. The next several games will tell us if he can coach his team to a late season run; we only know for sure that he can coach a bellick team to the SB.
INbronco is offline   Reply With Quote