The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default OT: Vbulletin ? for TJ

Hey Taco,
I just noticed that quotes within quotes were enabled in the PM's. Is there a reason that this feature is not the default within the forums?

I know one could do it manually if tagged properly but that's a PITA. It may look a little more cluttered but would help keep some conversations in context.

Just curious....Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
EXAMPLE.
EXAMPLE
EXAMPLE
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm not sure why they don't do that as a default in the forums. I'll take a look to see if there is a setting for it. Seems like it could get unwieldy to me...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Cool.

If it is a simple settings change....It might be better to wait until we go back to off-season mode for a trial run. (In February, of course. )
Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Just don't set it as the automatic default. I CAN'T STAND IT on other forums when people quote posts, and the new post with the intended quote automatically include other quotes from the quoted post. A few quoted-posts later, and it gets absolutely absurd how it looks with 7, 8, 9 nested quotes, post after post after post.

If possible, make nested quotes an option, but not an automatic feature. Just a request/warning!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Just don't set it as the automatic default. I CAN'T STAND IT on other forums when people quote posts, and the new post with the intended quote automatically include other quotes from the quoted post. A few quoted-posts later, and it gets absolutely absurd how it looks with 7, 8, 9 nested quotes, post after post after post.

If possible, make nested quotes an option, but not an automatic feature. Just a request/warning!
Agree 100%
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm not sure why they don't do that as a default in the forums. I'll take a look to see if there is a setting for it. Seems like it could get unwieldy to me...
I think it's the difference between a back and forth PM conversation (between two people) and a thread where you can quote one person, but it isn't a back and forther between only two people.

When you have more than two people (a thread, vs. a PM), then it doesn't lend itself to the quotes within quotes that you get with the PMs.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

yeah, I don't think this is an option for the main forum. I think it's only available for one-on-one communication through the PM system. I don't see any setting that would enable this.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Right on....

I guess I'll have to freshen up my tagging skills.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Quote:
I think it's the difference between a back and forth PM conversation (between two people) and a thread where you can quote one person, but it isn't a back and forther between only two people.

When you have more than two people (a thread, vs. a PM), then it doesn't lend itself to the quotes within quotes that you get with the PMs.
Right on....

Old 11-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #10
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Quote:
Right on....

Quote:
yeah, I don't think this is an option for the main forum. I think it's only available for one-on-one communication through the PM system. I don't see any setting that would enable this.

Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #11
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that a thread where 20 or 100 people are responding back and forth is not as conducive to it as a back and forth PM between only two people. Hence the reason vBulletin doesn't have it as an option outside of PMs.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote