The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default Washington will be A LOT tougher for us than some may suggest.......

1) short week, on the road, east coast, early game--'nuff said



2) Despite their record--they have some talent and they played Philly well at home (minus some big plays by incredibly fast DeSean Jackson)They competed fairly well against ATL too last week---too bad we don't have a running game..........

Washington in almost a mirror image of us as well--defensively minded team with an ANEMIC offense led by former Offensive coordinators--someone did a thread on this last week--I poo-poo'd it at first--but ............

MATCHUP:
QB-even
RB-Wash
WR-DEN
OL-DEN
DL-WAS
LB-Even--Fletcher is a BEAST.
DB-DEN
ST-even
--If we employ Berger next week I am going to be pissed BEYOND belief---in summary 6 and 3 is a REAL possibility here folks...........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

I don't think anyone should be confident after seeing how our team played since bye week.
As i said earlier, Mcd's playcalling reminded me of Zorn.

If it is 3rd and 10..QB throws short pases and relies on Receivers to make the play.
I know people don't like what i say..but, it is the fact.

Mcd = Zorn..If you see Zorn's record after 8 games..it is 6-2.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer
 
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

The skins will look at the tape of our losses and try and stack the box and dare Orton to beat them. We need to air it out and just beat them down, although, any dog with teeth can bite.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,213
Default

Sucks to say buit the Broncos slide goes to 3 games this Sunday, for no other reason then I am going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos win in person. 3 Games, 3 Losses. strongly considering staying home but they dont come to MD often and Skin tix are found on ground right now.

Denver turns drives into point against the Skin, its a Win. they dont, and teh Skins hang around, its a loss. They are Horrible on O average but decent on D. obviously very beatable though. Our O of late looks very Poor on the oposing teams half of the field.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #5
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,213
Default

as for Broncofan7 list, Portis aint gonna be playing and Zorn was never an O condinator.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is a winnable game but far from a gimmee. Washingtons defense has been good for the most part and their best player on defense is a horrific matchup as Haynesworth will be pitted against one of our biggest weakest links in Hamilton.

Washingtons offense doesnt seem to be on par with Pitt or Balt, but that doesnt mean they cant be on for one day. Plus, Washingtons offense may not need to be great if their defense can turn us over.

This game is hugely important. Plus, as the OP mentioned, theres that whole thing that its on the east coast which is always a cause for concern.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 AM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Has anyone told you yet today... You're an idiot!

The Redskins are about to get a beat down of epic proporitions this week. This is a team that we can stand up and be physical with and they will wither.

Plain and simple, we'll win this game by 14 points or more and we'll get well against the Skins. If not, McD needs to take a long hard look at "the man in the mirror, where it all starts."


Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
1) short week, on the road, east coast, early game--'nuff said



2) Despite their record--they have some talent and they played Philly well at home (minus some big plays by incredibly fast DeSean Jackson)They competed fairly well against ATL too last week---too bad we don't have a running game..........

Washington in almost a mirror image of us as well--defensively minded team with an ANEMIC offense led by former Offensive coordinators--someone did a thread on this last week--I poo-poo'd it at first--but ............

MATCHUP:
QB-even
RB-Wash
WR-DEN
OL-DEN
DL-WAS
LB-Even--Fletcher is a BEAST.
DB-DEN
ST-even
--If we employ Berger next week I am going to be pissed BEYOND belief---in summary 6 and 3 is a REAL possibility here folks...........
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Sucks to say buit the Broncos slide goes to 3 games this Sunday, for no other reason then I am going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos win in person. 3 Games, 3 Losses. strongly considering staying home but they dont come to MD often and Skin tix are found on ground right now.

Denver turns drives into point against the Skin, its a Win. they dont, and teh Skins hang around, its a loss. They are Horrible on O average but decent on D. obviously very beatable though. Our O of late looks very Poor on the oposing teams half of the field.
Can I buy your tickets and kindly suggest you stay home?
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #9
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
as for Broncofan7 list, Portis aint gonna be playing and Zorn was never an O condinator.
Betts is more than capable and I stand corrected on Zorn......
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Has anyone told you yet today... You're an idiot!

The Redskins are about to get a beat down of epic proporitions this week. This is a team that we can stand up and be physical with and they will wither.

Plain and simple, we'll win this game by 14 points or more and we'll get well against the Skins. If not, McD needs to take a long hard look at "the man in the mirror, where it all starts."
Washington is physical as well---especially their defense. Our only hope is that our D can impose their will on the sorry Skins O-line--but we certainly didn't do a goopd job stopping PITT's running game last night despite their suspect OL..........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If the o-line doesn't start blocking better, then the Bronco offense will struggle against anybody. It all starts up front.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 AM   #12
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,044
Default

I don't think it's fair to say Washington have a team.

Zorn is a lame duck.
Campbell was pretty much shown the door in the offseason.
Portis has aged worse than Tomlinson.
Cooley is gone.
The bookend tackles are gone.
And players are openly questioning the GM and Coaches.

All Denver need to do is hit 'em in the mouth early and they'll go down in a heap. In other words Denver has to actually score some points in the first half instead of punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, FG.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
ElwayMD
It Stinks!
 
ElwayMD's Avatar
 
Meet the New Boss...

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,865

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Sucks to say buit the Broncos slide goes to 3 games this Sunday, for no other reason then I am going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos win in person. 3 Games, 3 Losses. strongly considering staying home but they dont come to MD often and Skin tix are found on ground right now.

Denver turns drives into point against the Skin, its a Win. they dont, and teh Skins hang around, its a loss. They are Horrible on O average but decent on D. obviously very beatable though. Our O of late looks very Poor on the oposing teams half of the field.
Don't worry I'm going to the game and I have never seen the Broncos lose in person so that should cancel out your bad mojo.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #14
ElwayMD
It Stinks!
 
ElwayMD's Avatar
 
Meet the New Boss...

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,865

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
Washington is physical as well---especially their defense. Our only hope is that our D can impose their will on the sorry Skins O-line--but we certainly didn't do a goopd job stopping PITT's running game last night despite their suspect OL..........
The Steelers O-Line gets a bad rap for protection because Ben holds on to the ball for so long. It's more a case of Big Bens confidence in himself than the ability of the O-line to hold a block.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #15
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 2,470
Default

I gonna stand up and say we kick the **** out of the Redskins! That's all.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayMD View Post
It's more a case of Big Bens confidence in himself than the ability of the O-line to hold a block.
I think it's clear after watching last night's game that holding is not a problem for the Pitt OLine.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #17
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Duh.....we will win because this is Champ's first return to Washington since we acquired him in a trade.....

Yeah, that's it....

Oh, yeah....that and the fact I hit 3,000 posts......I'm ****ing awesome, right Buff ??
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #18
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Their defense is very good. Hopefully on our defense we confuse the heck out of Campbell.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Their defense is very good. Hopefully on our defense we confuse the heck out of Campbell.
As long as they take the field with 11 guys, that mission will likely be accomplished.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I don't think anyone should be confident after seeing how our team played since bye week.
As i said earlier, Mcd's playcalling reminded me of Zorn.

If it is 3rd and 10..QB throws short pases and relies on Receivers to make the play.
I know people don't like what i say..but, it is the fact.

Mcd = Zorn..If you see Zorn's record after 8 games..it is 6-2.
this is the only part I agree with, McD is better than Zorn but god damn those short screens on 3rd and 10 are just killing me
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #21
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
this is the only part I agree with, McD is better than Zorn but god damn those short screens on 3rd and 10 are just killing me
That was priceless with 9 on the LOS.

If we had run a pick, it might of gone the distance, but no.....
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #22
Denver724
Ring of Famer
 
Denver724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I don't think anyone should be confident after seeing how our team played since bye week.
As i said earlier, Mcd's playcalling reminded me of Zorn.

If it is 3rd and 10..QB throws short pases and relies on Receivers to make the play.
I know people don't like what i say..but, it is the fact.

Mcd = Zorn..If you see Zorn's record after 8 games..it is 6-2.
Man, I agree. It will be devastating if we lose against the Skins. The Chargers will come in licking their chops.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #23
Elway777
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,886
Default

I hope we win but the Changer game in 2 weeks is the game that matters.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #24
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
this is the only part I agree with, McD is better than Zorn but god damn those short screens on 3rd and 10 are just killing me
"Here, Brandon. Catch a pass 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage and break 10 tackles for the first."
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

This game will be a litmus test for us, but we really should beat them.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Denver Broncos