The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Harbaugh blasts cowboys in new book

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ys-in-new-book

During the course of a year, I'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 sports books show up in my mailbox. Unless the book was written by a close friend or my spouse, I don't normally bring it to your attention on the Beast. But while thumbing through Reuben Frank and Mark Eckel's excellent new book "Game Changers: The 50 Greatest Plays in Philadelphia Eagles Football History," I came across an explosive quote from former Eagles assistant and current Ravens head coach John Harbaugh.

Asked why the Eagles have had so much success from 1999-2008 and the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game during that period, Harbaugh had this to say:

"Why is that? Because what Andy Reid and his program stand for is the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for. The Cowboys are a star system. It's all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it's a team sport, and one of the greatest examples of that is what's happened with the Eagles and the Cowboys over the last 10 years. The Cowboys stand for everything that's wrong with the NFL."

Harbaugh spent nine years with the Eagles as a special teams and secondary coach before becoming the head coach in Baltimore in 2008. Obviously, his dislike of the Cowboys hasn't faded over time. Harbaugh made that comment last March.

Of the 50 greatest plays selected by the authors, 11 of them occurred in games against the Cowboys. Harbaugh was involved in the Pickle Juice game at Texas Stadium on Sept. 3, 2000. It was his idea to open the season with an onside kick, which the Eagles recovered to set up a touchdown drive. The Eagles won that game, 41-14, and Harbaugh was given a lot of credit for his daring idea. It was called the Pickle Juice game because the Eagles drank the stuff to overcome the Texas heat. The temperature soared to 109 that afternoon.

I just thought you guys might enjoy that quote during Eagles-Cowboys week.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I hate the cowpucks.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

We were getting that way with Jay and Brandon.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
We were getting that way with Jay and Brandon.
yup... mcd seems to have same philosophy as reid. works for me!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ys-in-new-book

During the course of a year, I'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 sports books show up in my mailbox. Unless the book was written by a close friend or my spouse, I don't normally bring it to your attention on the Beast. But while thumbing through Reuben Frank and Mark Eckel's excellent new book "Game Changers: The 50 Greatest Plays in Philadelphia Eagles Football History," I came across an explosive quote from former Eagles assistant and current Ravens head coach John Harbaugh.

Asked why the Eagles have had so much success from 1999-2008 and the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game during that period, Harbaugh had this to say:

"Why is that? Because what Andy Reid and his program stand for is the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for. The Cowboys are a star system. It's all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it's a team sport, and one of the greatest examples of that is what's happened with the Eagles and the Cowboys over the last 10 years. The Cowboys stand for everything that's wrong with the NFL."

Harbaugh spent nine years with the Eagles as a special teams and secondary coach before becoming the head coach in Baltimore in 2008. Obviously, his dislike of the Cowboys hasn't faded over time. Harbaugh made that comment last March.

Of the 50 greatest plays selected by the authors, 11 of them occurred in games against the Cowboys. Harbaugh was involved in the Pickle Juice game at Texas Stadium on Sept. 3, 2000. It was his idea to open the season with an onside kick, which the Eagles recovered to set up a touchdown drive. The Eagles won that game, 41-14, and Harbaugh was given a lot of credit for his daring idea. It was called the Pickle Juice game because the Eagles drank the stuff to overcome the Texas heat. The temperature soared to 109 that afternoon.

I just thought you guys might enjoy that quote during Eagles-Cowboys week.
Obviously he has carried that team first plan with him to the Ravens
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

And I thought pickle juice was for masking drug tests. Silly me.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
And I thought pickle juice was for masking drug tests. Silly me.
What are you trying to mask, mock?
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
What are you trying to mask, mock?
Menthol cigarettes.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I like Harbaugh a lot as a coach, just not last week
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Don't like the Boys, and agree on their recent run.

However, their 90s dynasty was among the best to ever be compiled. Those teams could play with any in the history of the league. I hate to admit it, but those were extremely talented teams.

The (90s) Bills, if together now... might be the best team in the NFL, and the Cowboys just slaughtered them. (Regularly.)

Not trying to start a "best team ever" thread, but the 90s Cowboys were close.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote