The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Mark Cooper Monday Morning Blues, 6-1

Mark Cooper

Coach McDaniels said it best after the game. Theyíre a good football team and you canít play poorly on the road against a good football team.

Both lines of scrimmage were dominated by the Ravens. Iíve always been told, ďgive credit, where credit is due.Ē They earned it. Our crew had dominated that sacred ground up until this Sunday. Thatís really where the game is won when you really pay attention. No one knows or understands when you win because all ESPN, FOX and the rest of the TV shows share, are highlights.

Highlights: High flying catches, diving catches, great runs from scrimmage, dipping and dodging. Never the blocks that sprung them or the line of scrimmage being pushed back during the running plays or at the goal line and the amount of time Kyle Orton has to go to his third or fourth read.

Iíve been caught up in it too, so no offense to anyone. Iím as guilty as anyone. Iíve been taking the line of scrimmage for granted for seven weeks. It was easyÖwe dominated.

I wonít call the Ravens the birds, the black birds, etc, because they are due the respect they earned by whooping our tails. Thatís a good group in Baltimore and they probably make the playoffs if they keep playing like that. I was impressed. I knew it would be hard fought but didnít think it would be that lopsided.

First half was a stalemate, second half kickoff return was a nail in the coffin. Whew. Donít even need to look at the stats on this one Ö it was (all telling) during the game.

So what do you do? Get up, dust off and get the film behind you and learn from the mistakes because Pittsburgh will be watching the same film and will be ready for Monday Night Football.

And yes the (obnoxious Cowboys) neighbor kept texting me during the game asking me the score and asking if I was alright, etc. Heís been waiting seven weeks to do that and I had to admit it was pretty funny for all the grief Iíve been giving him about the Cowboys and their loss to us earlier (yes Bill, LOSS to us earlier) )

One good thing I thought of while the game was going on Ö I thought weíd still make a comeback. Yep, thatís a good thing because we have the talent to do it and itís a long season and I didnít think weíd go undefeated. Thereís a lot of good teams out there. One game at a time and win in the trenches is really the name of the game. Learn from mistakes and press on!!

GO BRONCOS!!

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mark_c...ing-blues-6-1/
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

It's on-point.

If you know what you're looking at, you saw a very simple theme play out. Their lines defeated our lines almost all day long.

The rest of the stuff doesn't matter. Sure, Ed Reed made a great hit, Rice had a few nice runs and Flacco had some nice throws. But, we were pushed around up front. That's really all you need to take away from this game.

Can we make adjustments? Sure. Can we flat-out just play better? Sure. But, we also may be a year or so (and a few players) away from being dominant on both lines.

But, it's a long season and I believe in this staff to milk every ounce of talent out of these guys. We'll be a competitive team all season, which is more than we've been able to say in a long time.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It's on-point.

If you know what you're looking at, you saw a very simple theme play out. Their lines defeated our lines almost all day long.

The rest of the stuff doesn't matter. Sure, Ed Reed made a great hit, Rice had a few nice runs and Flacco had some nice throws. But, we were pushed around up front. That's really all you need to take away from this game.

Can we make adjustments? Sure. Can we flat-out just play better? Sure. But, we also may be a year or so (and a few players) away from being dominant on both lines.

But, it's a long season and I believe in this staff to milk every ounce of talent out of these guys. We'll be a competitive team all season, which is more than we've been able to say in a long time.
Add to that I still don't think we have a QB that can make all the throws. I personally am rooting for Brandstater next year.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It's on-point.

That's just it! It's a good solid team. That's something not many people expected back in Feb,March,April,June,July...

To be 6-1, two games up in the division and a chance to win the AFC West is a huge deal for this franchise.

Some people that thought this team was trash are now pissed that it lost to a good team!

-------------

As far as Brandstater...bronco610
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you don't at least come out even on the line play, you usually don't have a chance of winning unless the other team is turning the ball over all game.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote