The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,058

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Browns GM George Kokonis was escorted out of the team building on Monday.

There's a very strong rumor in league circles that the Cleveland Browns escorted G.M. George Kokinis out of the building today, the first business day into the team's bye week.

Jay Glazer has heard the same thing, and he'll be posting something soon at FOXSports.com.

For now, it's a rumor -- but a very, very strong one. (Or just "very". We're on the fence about it.)

Recently, the Browns fired Erin O'Brien, the director of football operations. O'Brien served as coach Eric Mangini's personal assistant when Mangini was the head coach of the Jets.

Kokinis was hand picked by Mangini to be the G.M. In many cities, the General Manager supervises the head coach and holds "final say" authority over the roster. In Cleveland, Kokinis is (was?) second fiddle to Mangini.

There previously had been speculation in league circles that Mangini would throw Kokinis under the bus if necessary to save Mangini's job. If the rumor of Kokinis' departure is accurate, the speculation will now be that Mangini sacrificed Kokinis now in order to get through the rest of the year, and possibly beyond.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-cleveland/

----------

See things could be worse than 6-1

I feel bad for Cleveland fan.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
PRBronco
Ring of Famer
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Oh no, the end of the Man-Kok connection! Seriously, Mangini sounds like one of the worst people in the world.

I join you in feeling bad for their fans. Man alive, there isn't a glimmer of hope.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
bronco610
OLD FART
 
bronco610's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,845

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
There's a very strong rumor in league circles that the Cleveland Browns escorted G.M. George Kokinis out of the building today, the first business day into the team's bye week.

Jay Glazer has heard the same thing, and he'll be posting something soon at FOXSports.com.

For now, it's a rumor -- but a very, very strong one. (Or just "very". We're on the fence about it.)

Recently, the Browns fired Erin O'Brien, the director of football operations. O'Brien served as coach Eric Mangini's personal assistant when Mangini was the head coach of the Jets.

Kokinis was hand picked by Mangini to be the G.M. In many cities, the General Manager supervises the head coach and holds "final say" authority over the roster. In Cleveland, Kokinis is (was?) second fiddle to Mangini.

There previously had been speculation in league circles that Mangini would throw Kokinis under the bus if necessary to save Mangini's job. If the rumor of Kokinis' departure is accurate, the speculation will now be that Mangini sacrificed Kokinis now in order to get through the rest of the year, and possibly beyond.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-cleveland/

----------

See things could be worse than 6-1

I feel bad for Cleveland fan.
I don't feel bad for them at all. It's the browns !!!!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,058

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco610 View Post
I don't feel bad for them at all. It's the browns !!!!
I just have a close friend that is a Bronws fan so I feel bad for him.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,733
Default

Why on earth would they go from Crennel to Mangini? To stay in the same sort of system? May have been smart, imagine them being EVEN WORSE from having to turn over their roster. Then again....



It's crazy enough, it might just work!
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
bronco610
OLD FART
 
bronco610's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,845

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
I just have a close friend that is a Bronws fan so I feel bad for him.
Thats okay Then for a friend only though !!!!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

if lerner does care about his fans, that is one team that NEEDS a cowher, shanahan and they need to be given full control of football operations.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Can you see Shanny taking on the Cleveland challenge?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

its not impossible. they have good building blocks on both sides of the field including a stout oline, good WR and RB, some defensive players.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer
 
Dudeskey's Avatar
 
This space for rent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Can you see Shanny taking on the Cleveland challenge?
They need to bring back Marty...
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
400HZ
Ring of Famer
 
400HZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,446

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
its not impossible. they have good building blocks on both sides of the field including a stout oline, good WR and RB, some defensive players.
Really? Like who?
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Merlin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeskey View Post
They need to bring back Marty...
He would turn that team around in a NY minute. They wouldn't win any playoff games, but they would have a better record than the deteriorating sparks, who may be in the playoffs for the last time for the next 5-10 yrs.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From Calgary, in Halifax for School
Posts: 7,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Really? Like who?
D'Qwell Jackson, Eric Wright, Shaun Rogers, Kamerion Wimbley, and Eric Barton. I think Shanahan and a good defensive coordinator could turn it around.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #14
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
backup qb
Ring of Famer
 
backup qb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Shelbyville,Il
Posts: 1,285
Default

Eric Barton? Really? As part of a rebuild?
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #16
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Hoya Saxa!!

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DC
Posts: 925

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46
Default

You gotta feel bad for Cleveland. First there was Elway bending them over a barrel a few times, the Indians of the "Major League" ear, then massive pollution build up on Lake Erie, the fact that Drew Carey is from there, than the original Browns team leaving for Baltimore, then the Crennel plague, the Mangina era, and the loss of its economy. And Lebron is gone soon.

I get depressed typing about Cleveland.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #17
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

To think Cleavland interviewed McDaniels too. They might have even been able to get him since Josh is an Ohio boy.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,502

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
To think Cleavland interviewed McDaniels too. They might have even been able to get him since Josh is an Ohio boy.
I think I remember reading that McDaniels coming here had as much to do with him liking the organization as them liking him. He asked the Broncos organization questions for several hours when he was being interviewed.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #19
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From Calgary, in Halifax for School
Posts: 7,673

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backup qb View Post
Eric Barton? Really? As part of a rebuild?
Well, I mean...It's not a hole is my point.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

They should move that team to LA.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #21
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Considering the smog the LA Browns sounds good.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Denver Broncos