The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Default It's pretty simple really

Your offensive line got owned.

You cant lay the blame on the defense. You cant blame the QB.

The QB isn't going to do well when the O line is getting whipped at the LOS. You're defense did well until the second half when thier backs finally broke.

Take it from a Chiefs fan. When the O line is struggling it effects the whole team.

The reality is, Orton has been the beneficiary of an excellent O line. He is very average and unspectacular. That is how he played without the benefit of protection he has enjoyed up to this point.

Football 101. If you're O line is great, you will have a great offense. It dont matter who the QB is. If you have a lousy O line, you will have a lousy offense. There is no such thing as a system QB. Same with the defense. If you have a good line, you will play good defense.

The good news is, your line probably didn't just forget how to play. They likely had a bad game. Orton will probably look better next week.

The bad news is, you likely wont enjoy the amount of luck you have been receiving. So you aren't as good as you've looked any more than you are as bad as you looked yesterday. You'll win some more games. You might even make the playoffs.

Finally, let me take this opportunity to tell you that your team lost yesterday while the Chiefs didn't. It may be my last chance

Last edited by crazyhorse; 11-02-2009 at 03:34 PM..
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

The sanest thread on the first page is from a Chiefs fan.

Blarg.

Last edited by Killericon; 11-02-2009 at 03:05 PM..
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
The sanest thread on the first page is from a chiefs fan.

Blarg.

Sickening.

Double blarg.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

I agree with this post for the most part but I still think that return after the half killed us and completely shifted momentum. We played a desperate team on the road in a must win and without even moving the ball and it was a touchdown game in the fourth. That shows me the D is alright.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

The highest rated QB in the league plays behind one of the worst O-lines, though. How is that possible?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

agree with the oline playing horribly...
with that said, i think we got out coached as well. we need to adapt if our line cant block. more hot routes, screens and spread offense to get the ball out of orton's hands. we do that, and they have to respect us and not blitz as often.
we flat out got out coached by a good team. time to learn from it and prepare for the steelers!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

The O-line play was bad, the scheme wasn't the best, Orton didn't play well and the running game was null & void.

On defense Jack Williams got owned by Kelly (frick'n) Washington on 3rd downs.

P.S. Stay healthy Craz
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
You're offensive line got owned.
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyup!
Eldorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
I agree with this post for the most part but I still think that return after the half killed us and completely shifted momentum. We played a desperate team on the road in a must win and without even moving the ball and it was a touchdown game in the fourth. That shows me the D is alright.
No doubt a KR can be devastating. But you must 1st have the momentum before it can shift. The Broncos never had the momentum. They were out played the whole game. The Ravens never let the Broncos establish anything resembling momentum, IMO.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
You're offensive line got owned.

The QB isn't going to do well when the O line is getting whipped at the LOS. You're defense did well until the second half when thier backs finally broke.

Take it from a Chiefs fan. When the O line is struggling it effects the whole team.

The reality is, Orton has been the beneficiary of an excellent O line. He is very average and unspectacular. That is how he played without the benefit of protection he has enjoyed up to this point.

Football 101. If you're O line is great, you will have a great offense. It dont matter who the QB is. If you have a lousy O line, you will have a lousy offense. There is no such thing as a system QB. Same with the defense. If you have a good line, you will play good defense.

The good news is, your line probably didn't just forget how to play. They likely had a bad game. Orton will probably look better next week.

The bad news is, you likely wont enjoy the amount of luck you have been receiving. So you aren't as good as you've looked any more than you are as bad as you looked yesterday. You'll win some more games. You might even make the playoffs.

Finally, let me take this opportunity to tell you that your team lost yesterday while the Chiefs didn't. It may be my last chance
YOUR offensive line got owned. One must always check for typos when discussing ownage, or you risk having ownage reversed on you!

But yeah, they did. It was very surprising, I considered it the team's greatest strength. Hamilton's back has to be hurting him still, I wonder if we'll see Hochstein replace him soon.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
YOUR offensive line got owned. One must always check for typos when discussing ownage, or you risk having ownage reversed on you!

But yeah, they did. It was very surprising, I considered it the team's greatest strength. Hamilton's back has to be hurting him still, I wonder if we'll see Hochstein replace him soon.
You have to know how to spell before you check your spelling. But yeah, I didn't catch that.

I was urprized too.

If I would have guessed what part of the team would fail, I would 1st guess the D.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
The highest rated QB in the league plays behind one of the worst O-lines, though. How is that possible?
Who?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Who?
Aaron Rodgers.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Aaron Rodgers.
Rating can mean smart QB, but not mean great offense. the Packers dont have a great offense.

I like him though

He's a good QB IMO.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #15
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

The chef fan gets it.Already at work these so called fans are screaming about how much better baby Jay is. After one freaking loss.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I was pretty proud of how our defense hung in there, considering.

Agree on the O-line. They were pushed around. Either that, or Baltimore just game-planned us flawlessly. I swear to god, they were in our backfield before Orton could take the snap.

There's a reason that team seems to hang around come playoff-time every year. Dominant lines are the formula, folks. No surprises there.

We're in the midst of a philosophy shift, and this is going to take time. We're going to be bigger and more physical on the lines, but that doesn't happen overnight.

Thus far, the O-line has played well. They faced a talented, angry defense and had an off day.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
The chef fan gets it.Already at work these so called fans are screaming about how much better baby Jay is. After one freaking loss.
Jay isn't all that. I wouldn't want him on my team. He chokes too much. He has great plays but not great games. He still hasn't hit .500 in his carreer.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #18
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
No doubt a KR can be devastating. But you must 1st have the momentum before it can shift. The Broncos never had the momentum. They were out played the whole game. The Ravens never let the Broncos establish anything resembling momentum, IMO.
Exactly !!!! However, it was one game and every team has a bad game and I never believed they would go un-defeated.

Good to see you post Crazy.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Jay isn't all that. I wouldn't want him on my team. He chokes too much. He has great plays but not great games. He still hasn't hit .500 in his carreer.
dude how dare you! He is teh greatest evah!
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Your offensive line got owned.

Actually a fairly strong post... true, if not obvious. Some popel on here don't get that (blame Orton, Defense, etc.)
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I can make this even simpler...

Maybe we're better than the Chargers, but simply just not as good as the Ravens at this stage?

Crazy, I know... but maybe that's reality.

Patience, folks.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We swarmed Flacco every other passing play and he still made plays..why is that?
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #23
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I was pretty proud of how our defense hung in there, considering.

Agree on the O-line. They were pushed around. Either that, or Baltimore just game-planned us flawlessly. I swear to god, they were in our backfield before Orton could take the snap.

There's a reason that team seems to hang around come playoff-time every year. Dominant lines are the formula, folks. No surprises there.

We're in the midst of a philosophy shift, and this is going to take time. We're going to be bigger and more physical on the lines, but that doesn't happen overnight.

Thus far, the O-line has played well. They faced a talented, angry defense and had an off day.
Yea we punted like 8-9 times..roughly 3 of those punts were 3 and outs. The D can't play that good forever...especially to a team with its back against the wall on the road in an early game on the east coast!

...and Ben Hamilton specifically was man handled...after a bit i thought we were going to put in hochstien or olsen. Thats the worst i've seen the o line play since the 07 season before we had Clady..this before Harris went down mind you!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No we didn't have momemtum, but we never had momemtum in any of the last big three games we won until late. I hate to use ifs, but if we don't give up the return and then score we actually lead 7-6 in the third, and maybe grab some steam. As bad as it was we had a shot for most of the game.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #25
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Warrior View Post
We swarmed Flacco every other passing play and he still made plays..why is that?
Because he's better than Orton at eluding the rush?

Maybe he's better than Orton all together?

Peyton Manning is better than Orton, too. Just in case that was your next question.

Some QBs are better than others. Doesn't mean Orton isn't talented enough to be a part of a SB winner.