The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default MCD = Zorn

I think Mcd overachieved in the first 7 games(similar to Zorn).

I believe Zorn record after 8 games is 6-2.

Our record will also be similar..

Also, Zorn likes to Dink and Dunk on Offense and he doesnt like his QB to throw the ball downfield.

I know people doesnt like my comments.

I told similar thing about Cutler in the beginning(he is overrated).

Mane blasted me for those comments.

I hope i am wrong this time regarding Mcd..But, if he doesnt want the QB to throw the ball down field..we are in trouble.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
jhat01
Ring of Famer
 
jhat01's Avatar
 
Knuckle Dragging Homer

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West River
Posts: 1,865

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam
Default

Kate Beckinsale=hot
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

McDaniels called the plays for the most successful passing offense of all time, an offense that raped teams with regularity on long passes.

Zorn had never even called a play prior to getting the HC job in Washington and was by all accounts completely unqualified for the job when he was hired.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #4
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
McDaniels called the plays for the most successful passing offense of all time, an offense that raped teams with regularity on long passes.

Zorn had never even called a play prior to getting the HC job in Washington and was by all accounts completely unqualified for the job when he was hired.
I find lot of similarities between Zorn and Mcd.

In order to be successful, you need to throw the ball downfield(even if they are incompletions).

I hope our coach becomes aggressive on Offense..Otherwise, we will be in trouble.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I find lot of similarities between Zorn and Mcd
Such as?

As I said, McDaniels previous offenses have all shown a willingness to throw the ball downfield. Was I impressed by the gameplan yesterday? No, but it's just one game.

If teams keep playing us like Baltimore did on defense and we keep refusing to go downfield, you'll have a point.

As it is, you're just overreacting to one bad game IMO.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #6
BossChief
not a troll
 
not a troll

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I think Mcd overachieved in the first 7 games(similar to Zorn).

I believe Zorn record after 8 games is 6-2.

Our record will also be similar..

Also, Zorn likes to Dink and Dunk on Offense and he doesnt like his QB to throw the ball downfield.

I know people doesnt like my comments.

I told similar thing about Cutler in the beginning(he is overrated).

Mane blasted me for those comments.

I hope i am wrong this time regarding Mcd..But, if he doesnt want the QB to throw the ball down field..we are in trouble.
Step one: learn the English language because when you finalize a post like THAT, intelligent people's perception is that you aren't very bright.

Second: watch a game objectively. What I mean is, if you go into every game expecting to win by 100 points, you will always be disappointed in the results and it makes your mind create a "fantasy world".

Third: take them for what they are worth. What I mean is, McD is a rookie HC, he WILL make mistakes along the way in terms of preperation. HCs arent judged by how they lose their first game, they are judged by how they perservere through it and respond in future ones. I expect them to lose against Pittsburg too, so see step two.

Fourth: think before you post. This one is just bad!

have a great day!
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I guess some didn't watch the same game I did. It's pretty hard to throw the ball down the field when your o-line is continually getting its butt kicked and the QB has to time to wait for receivers to run deep routes, much less to find an open guy.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #8
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

There are so many ways to blast the original post, but i'm going to stay positive.

However, equating McD and Zorn is just stupid. You don't have any historical evidence to base this goofy assumption. You have one loss - now you are declaring failure.

Just give it some time, see how our coaches and team react before you turn against the team. This is an exciting team, and one I only expect to get better. In my eyes, I don't know any other coach in the league that could have done a better job than McD has up to this point. He has rebuilt everything, created a new culture, and has Denver fans looking towards future championships.

One loss and you jump ship, really?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Step one: learn the English language because when you finalize a post like THAT, intelligent people's perception is that you aren't very bright.

Second: watch a game objectively. What I mean is, if you go into every game expecting to win by 100 points, you will always be disappointed in the results and it makes your mind create a "fantasy world".

Third: take them for what they are worth. What I mean is, McD is a rookie HC, he WILL make mistakes along the way in terms of preperation. HCs arent judged by how they lose their first game, they are judged by how they perservere through it and respond in future ones. I expect them to lose against Pittsburg too, so see step two.

Fourth: think before you post. This one is just bad!

have a great day!
Yeah..if i know English..I am very bright in Football..tell that to Football players.

Did you watch our games this season?

Mcd is not allowing the QB to throw the ball downfield since game 1.

I didnt create a thread before as i expected the change in philosphy after bye week.

I am not sure if he doesnt trust the QB..

Either way, I believe we need to throw the ball downfield..

Hopefully, it starts with PIT Game.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
There are so many ways to blast the original post, but i'm going to stay positive.

However, equating McD and Zorn is just stupid. You don't have any historical evidence to base this goofy assumption. You have one loss - now you are declaring failure.

Just give it some time, see how our coaches and team react before you turn against the team. This is an exciting team, and one I only expect to get better. In my eyes, I don't know any other coach in the league that could have done a better job than McD has up to this point. He has rebuilt everything, created a new culture, and has Denver fans looking towards future championships.

One loss and you jump ship, really?
I am not worried about this loss. I am worried about the Philosophy on offense.

I support broncos till the end.

I am just stating the points that i observed when i am watching the game.

I predicted that we will win 2 games this season and i am happy that my prediction is wrong.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 AM   #11
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,869

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Epic fail.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Yeah..if i know English..I am very bright in Football..tell that to Football players.

Did you watch our games this season?

Mcd is not allowing the QB to throw the ball downfield since game 1.

I didnt create a thread before as i expected the change in philosphy after bye week.

I am not sure if he doesnt trust the QB..

Either way, I believe we need to throw the ball downfield..

Hopefully, it starts with PIT Game.
Come on now, if you know football, you will also know that a coach doesn't tell a QB exactly where he has to throw the ball. There are very few plays with only one read.

Even the middle school kids I coach are told to read "high to low" then pick the open receiver. Orton plays it safe because it has served him well. In that same game, in the same system, other QB's would have chosen some of the deep routes.

You can't blame McD for Orton's decisions (which I support by the way). Orton is still growing in this system, and I expect him to buckle down and get better as well.

Let's just watch the next few games in our relatively brutal schedule before jumping to too many conclusions.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:50 AM   #13
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,706

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I think going at the cornerbacks was the plan but Bmore countered with a fierce pass rush and Denver's O line couldn't provide Orton the time he needed to let the plays develop. Orton's limitation is he needs a good pocket to work from. Expect a similar rush from Pittsburgh next week. Orton is going to have step up and beat that rush or we will lose alot of games. Can't wait to see how we adjust next Monday night
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #14
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,836
Default

Some recent gems from go broncos during our 6-0 run. Don't waste your time fellas.


"I am looking forward to next years draft..Hope we sign Tebow as he is from Florida".

"Now..i am wondering if we can reach playoffs"

"We are exposed..We are Pretenders..We suck"

"man our team is awful"

"orton sucks "


"F...k Kyle Orton"

"Orton is awful..Bench him "
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Some recent gems from go broncos during our 6-0 run. Don't waste your time fellas.


"I am looking forward to next years draft..Hope we sign Tebow as he is from Florida".

"Now..i am wondering if we can reach playoffs"

"We are exposed..We are Pretenders..We suck"

"man our team is awful"

"orton sucks "


"F...k Kyle Orton"

"Orton is awful..Bench him "
/thread
no point in arguing with someone THIS stupid
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #16
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Step one: learn the English language because when you finalize a post like THAT, intelligent people's perception is that you aren't very bright.

Second: watch a game objectively. What I mean is, if you go into every game expecting to win by 100 points, you will always be disappointed in the results and it makes your mind create a "fantasy world".

Third: take them for what they are worth. What I mean is, McD is a rookie HC, he WILL make mistakes along the way in terms of preperation. HCs arent judged by how they lose their first game, they are judged by how they perservere through it and respond in future ones. I expect them to lose against Pittsburg too, so see step two.

Fourth: think before you post. This one is just bad!

have a great day!
Kudos to BossChief, couldn't agree more! But who would have ever 'thunk' a KC boy with a triple digit IQ?! ":-)
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #17
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Some recent gems from go broncos during our 6-0 run. Don't waste your time fellas.


"I am looking forward to next years draft..Hope we sign Tebow as he is from Florida".

"Now..i am wondering if we can reach playoffs"

"We are exposed..We are Pretenders..We suck"

"man our team is awful"

"orton sucks "


"F...k Kyle Orton"

"Orton is awful..Bench him "
Meck..Most of my comments are in Gameday threads.

Once i started cursing a player in Gameday thread, they started performing better.

Its what i believe..Unfortunately, yesterday..it didn't happen.

Its much better than posting boob pics in gameday threads.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #18
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,869

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
/thread
no point in arguing with someone THIS stupid
Agreed. Might as well just lock this one down.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #19
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Agreed. Might as well just lock this one down.
You can always bring up how tasty burritos smothered in green chili are.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #20
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
You can always bring up how tasty burritos smothered in green chili are.
Sure, why not?
Attached Images
 
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #21
BossChief
not a troll
 
not a troll

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Yeah..if i know English..I am very bright in Football..tell that to Football players.

Did you watch our games this season?

Mcd is not allowing the QB to throw the ball downfield since game 1.

I didnt create a thread before as i expected the change in philosphy after bye week.

I am not sure if he doesnt trust the QB..

Either way, I believe we need to throw the ball downfield..

Hopefully, it starts with PIT Game.
The thing with long passes, they are a risk reward venture.

If they work, you stretch the defense and it opens up stuff underneath. If they dont get thrown and attacked by your receivers in the air, they often result in turnovers.

But your right, they should have thrown the ball deep so Ed Reed could take the ball away and then you could get your wish and get to make another one of these posts saying how dumb McD was to throw the ball deep against a team with the best safety in football.

Question: do teams consistantly throw deep against the broncos since Dawkins has been back there? I bet the answer is no.

Dont slit your wrists quite yet man, plenty of football left and you can bet that in the next couple years your team will fill alot of the holes that some people probably think are areas of strength rigth now, and you might miss some great teams.

Get used to Orton, he will be your qb for awhile, at least two more years after this one. He is what he is.

To call McD anything like zorn, is laughtable to the tenth power.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #22
ElwayMD
It Stinks!
 
ElwayMD's Avatar
 
Meet the New Boss...

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
You can always bring up how tasty burritos smothered in green chili are.
/agree
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #23
BossChief
not a troll
 
not a troll

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 372

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I am not worried about this loss. I am worried about the Philosophy on offense.

I support broncos till the end OF THE WINNING STREAK

I am just stating the points that i observed when i am watching the game.

I predicted that we will win 2 games this season and i am happy that my prediction is wrong.
fixed it for ya

I think this is funny as hell.

" I am worried about the philosophy on offense" the reason you won 6 in a row is the Philosophy on offense.

put................the ...................gun......................down

Last edited by BossChief; 11-02-2009 at 07:26 AM..
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #24
Cleo McDowell
underrated.
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Meck..Most of my comments are in Gameday threads.

Once i started cursing a player in Gameday thread, they started performing better.

Its what i believe..Unfortunately, yesterday..it didn't happen.

Its much better than posting boob pics in gameday threads.
retard. Screw you.

Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #25
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think going at the corner backs was the plan but Bmore countered with a fierce pass rush and Denver's O line couldn't provide Orton the time he needed to let the plays develop. Orton's limitation is he needs a good pocket to work from. Expect a similar rush from Pittsburgh next week. Orton is going to have step up and beat that rush or we will lose alot of games. Can't wait to see how we adjust next Monday night
Agree mostly here Baja,

Orton didn't have the time and the crowd was very loud as well, but of all the defenses we play in the next nine games, I think only the Steelers have what it takes to possibly come close to duplicating the Raven's effort yesterday, and yet still I just don't see that happening on our home turf with our crowd and after a full week to examine, digest and adapt to yesterdays game!

No other team .. (well maybe the Giants when they are really ON but lately they suck) .. have the horses and the mojo on D to pull off such a start to finish performance. And if any D let up, even for a while, Denver gets in a groove and they wont be able to put that genie back in the bottle.

We met a team yesterday well rested and on their own turf with their backs to the wall and their hair collectively on fire! Our Oline can and WILL handle most other similar situations a hell of a lot better than yesterday.

We came out flat and stayed there except for one series. I just don't see a lot of teams beating us trying to use that formula .... Its just as likely to backfire on them, including if we meet the Ravens again in the playoffs. Plus, few teams could withstand our defensive play yesterday when accompanied by just a little more output and moxie from our offense ... and after patching a few holes on Special teams which no doubt is a high priory these next few weeks.

We do have our work cut out getting the offense up to speed, but I'll be very surprised if we see a carbon copy game next Monday night.

I agree we need to throw mid-range and a few deeper balls a bit more, but we have at times already as well and each game is a different scheme.

Most often Josh gets it right, but he has his learning curve too and this team is still VERY new to each other... They are all just learning what they can expect and rely on from each other. Many of these players are just learning what a gritty winners mentality really looks like, including persevering through periods of adversity and bouncing back.

And no matter what any of the players said. No way many of the younger guys and journeymen on this team had not started listening at least a little to all the accolades and Cinderella stories of the past few weeks. ... this butt stomping might be just what they needed.

With vets like Dawkins and Champ on board and coaches like Josh and Mike, I have no doubt games like yesterday will be great learning opportunity they will take full advantage of as well, and will serve more to stoke the motivational fires than to signal that the run is over and its time to withdraw and lick your wounds, as in past Broncos teams of late with too many me first players in a Club Med environment.

We may well lose a few more, including possibly Monday night, but I do NOT foresee another collapse by any means!

I'm looking at us going 6 and 3 the remainder (provided no more key injuries) finish 12-4 and win the west. Hopefully, grab a bye week for the playoffs and make the AFC championship game when all bets are off and anything can happen!

Last edited by Hulamau; 11-02-2009 at 07:35 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Denver Broncos