The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default congrats to the ravens

the next game will tell us everything about this team,

the first dose of adversity

monday night world champs here off a bye

this will define the season, its going to be epic
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We'll be ready. McDaniels said they were outcoached today and that he learned more about his players and staff in one loss than he's learned in six wins. I like that.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

No, this game was the game we found out if the broncos were for real! The pundits said that all week... and last week... and the week before... and the week before...
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Third week in a row we face a team coming off a bye.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Was I the only one asking "WTF?" after the first quarter?
I felt like I was watching a High School game with all that crappy looking "man coverage" our D was running, sure it worked and held Flacco, but as he worked out his adjustments we seemed flat footed.
Then Orton pump-faked at Moreno in the flat to buy more time, I'm watching in screaming "Noooooooooooooooo!" like its a bad dream...

Well, we had to lose one sometime, and it's not terrible to lose to Baltimore.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Then Orton pump-faked at Moreno in the flat to buy more time, I'm watching in screaming "Noooooooooooooooo!" like its a bad dream...

You see that play called a no catch 9 times out of 10, every week. It didn't look any different then Fitzgerald's play today and that was ruled an incomplete pass. You have to have 2 feet down and demonstrate a football move. If Moreno demonstrated a football move I sure didn't see it. That's why it's so damn hard to win every single game. Sooner or later, you will get the calls that don't go your way. Same thing with the fumble they had that seemed to bounce right into the Broncos laps and they did not recover it. Bad bounces and bad calls can ruin your day fast.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You see that play called a no catch 9 times out of 10, every week. It didn't look any different then Fitzgerald's play today and that was ruled an incomplete pass. You have to have 2 feet down and demonstrate a football move. If Moreno demonstrated a football move I sure didn't see it. That's why it's so damn hard to win every single game. Sooner or later, you will get the calls that don't go your way. Same thing with the fumble they had that seemed to bounce right into the Broncos laps and they did not recover it. Bad bounces and bad calls can ruin your day fast.
Not worried about the Ref's call, it's the fact that Orton DELAYED the pass with the fake, it brings up the LB's and Ed Reed (as we all saw) ... effectively he told the ENTIRE Ravens D what the play was so they could get a running start!
The good thing is that from what I have seen of Orton, lesson learned, he WON'T do it again!
I was more concerned about where Brandon was during the game, I expected him to make more plays... ?
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Brandon was still on the bye week ... running lazy routes, dropping easy passes one of which he simply flinched and dropped a sure critical first down ... way before Ed Reed got there ...when we had just scored our touchdown and the Ravens had come back and made it 16-7 with the FG and we needed a TD big time to make it a tight game to the finish.

That play, their ridiculous kick off return by a guy they considered not even starting as the kick returner and Elvis making those two critical early jumps on 3rd and 13 then 3rd and 8 ( the last one drawing Darrell Reid or someone off sides to give them life twice on their long scoring drive to make it 23 -7, all together told the whole story.

Bottom line the Ravens wanted it more and showed it all game. I still think we can beat them at home with this experience behind us, coming out with conviction and a better game plan offensively that opens up the passing game more.

Like one of the Ravens players said, they played the whole game like their hair was on fire. I don't see them doing that every game.

Last edited by Hulamau; 11-02-2009 at 01:54 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 AM   #9
BossChief
not a troll

not a troll

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
the next game will tell us everything about this team,

the first dose of adversity

monday night world champs here off a bye

this will define the season, its going to be epic
Prepare yourself for the week after, Pittsburg will win Sunday.

You can mark it down!
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 AM   #10
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We'll be ready. McDaniels said they were outcoached today and that he learned more about his players and staff in one loss than he's learned in six wins. I like that.
Me too. As much as I hate to say it, losing can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. If McD truly feels that way about his team (that he learned more in a loss than he did in 6 wins), then I think we will be okay. With SD only 2.5 games behind us, we need to win on Monday night. We will get an extra day to rest, prepare and get fired up.

The Broncos need to bring it next week against the Steelers.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #11
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Better see a lot more of this next week
Attached Images

Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #12
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

I am glad they lost that game the way they did. If they lost a squeaker on the road, that would have been more demoralizing. This will be a wake up call, hoefully.

To me, it looks like a lot of our key players were still on their bye week, while the Ravens were just itching to kick our a**es. Balty is still my super bowl pick and have been since week 1. They should have been 6-0 coming into this game if not for several unlucky twists of fate.

We lost the battle at the POA today many times. We couldn't run up the A-gap, and the center and guards really struggled with Balty's three man front, which is the biggest and most physical in the league. There is no doubt that McD will look to add a top flight center or guard in the draft next year, which can be had in the later rounds.

Orton really tightened up after getting hit a few times. That does not bode well for our future.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Prepare yourself for the week after, Pittsburg will win Sunday.

You can mark it down!
Huh??
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #14
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Huh??
A few of the guys like to have gin rummy competitions with the stewardesses on the plane. Steelers vs. stewardesses... I think that's what he's referring to.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #15
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Biggest concern I had was the pressure we allowed up the middle - Ben Hamilton got thrown around, run around and beaten up pretty badly. It's hard to get anything going on offense when the other team gets penetration like that.

Second biggest concern was ST. Once again, we plummet towards the bottom. This has plague Denver for several years now. What is the darned problem?

Oh well. We'll see how the team responds now.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
A few of the guys like to have gin rummy competitions with the stewardesses on the plane. Steelers vs. stewardesses... I think that's what he's referring to.
I thought the NFL was going to hand them the win before the game.

Now I understand.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #17
Meck77

We were outplayed plain and simple. No reason to slit your wrists people.

As much as it pains me the Ravens took it to us. Failing/losing isn't a bad thing if we learn from it. Such is life.

My ole man always taught me "If you start wrong you end wrong". We couldn't have had a rougher start and from the first snap it was pretty apparent the Ravens were out for blood.

*Remember* Most of you didn't even think we could win 6 games. We're still there midway thru the season.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #18
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
We were outplayed plain and simple. No reason to slit your wrists people.

As much as it pains me the Ravens took it to us. Failing/losing isn't a bad thing if we learn from it. Such is life.

My ole man always taught me "If you start wrong you end wrong". We couldn't have had a rougher start and from the first snap it was pretty apparent the Ravens were out for blood.

*Remember* Most of you didn't even think we could win 6 games. We're still there midway thru the season.

They played one hell of a game.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
BossChief
not a troll

not a troll

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Huh??
didnt realize it wsa a mnf game, my bad.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote