The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default Raider Russell think he did a pretty good job.

JaMarcus Russell said after Sunday's loss to San Diego that he was pleased with his 109-yard passing effort.
"I did a pretty good job," he said. Russell took five sacks, fumbled, threw an interception, averaged under five yards per pass attempt, and completed two passes for 16 yards to his wide receivers. He is 33rd in QB rating, tied for fifth in interceptions, and is completing 48.4% of his throws.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...L&id=4154&sn=t

This clown needs to be the Oakland Qb for the next 15 years, but I'm not that lucky.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

Awesome.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

imagine if he actually had a good game, he would have a heart attack from the excitement.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

And in spite of all that the Chargers only won by eight points...at home. Yeah, I'm not worried about them.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
And in spite of all that the Chargers only won by eight points...at home. Yeah, I'm not worried about them.
The Raiders offense was pathetic

Their offense were fortunate to score their points. All came off of short fields (kickoff return, fumble recovery and INT return). I think their longest drive was around 30-35 yards or so.

I thought the D played pretty well but still could have been better. But they were getting pressure all day long which is a good sign to see even if it is the Raiders.

The big problem still remains with the run game. I've come to the conclusion that the run game is just going to continue to suck until Hardwick returns (Mruczkowski is garbage. All day today he was getting knocked on his ass over and over again) and until they get a real fullback. Hester and Tolbert are nice at what they can do but they're below average as run blockers. Tolbert should be able to step up in this area. He at least has the frame but his instincts seem horrible. And Hester is just too small to be blowing up linebackers.

Not an impressive win if you just look at the final score but the game was never in doubt and the Chargers dominated this game in just about every other way.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

way to go Russel!
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Certainly tongue in cheek.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
The Raiders offense was pathetic

Their offense were fortunate to score their points. All came off of short fields (kickoff return, fumble recovery and INT return). I think their longest drive was around 30-35 yards or so.

I thought the D played pretty well but still could have been better. But they were getting pressure all day long which is a good sign to see even if it is the Raiders.

The big problem still remains with the run game. I've come to the conclusion that the run game is just going to continue to suck until Hardwick returns (Mruczkowski is garbage. All day today he was getting knocked on his ass over and over again) and until they get a real fullback. Hester and Tolbert are nice at what they can do but they're below average as run blockers. Tolbert should be able to step up in this area. He at least has the frame but his instincts seem horrible. And Hester is just too small to be blowing up linebackers.

Not an impressive win if you just look at the final score but the game was never in doubt and the Chargers dominated this game in just about every other way.

No that's a spin job...wow! You should work in politics!
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
No that's a spin job...wow! You should work in politics!
Explain please?

That's my analysis of the game. Did you actually watch the game as well? If so, tell me your analysis.

Don't just come in here with peanut gallery comments. Any moron can do that.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Explain please?

That's my analysis of the game. Did you actually watch the game as well? If so, tell me your analysis.

Don't just come in here with peanut gallery comments. Any moron can do that.
The s#it-bag Raiders were in a position to tie the game on the final drive.

Sorry, no one "dominated" anything.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I saw the first quarter and a half and Jaba looked awful. Over throwing his receivers. They posted stats on his completions of 20 and more was a little over 6%.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Both teams should send thank you cards to the Broncos for keeping this division respectable.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #13
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The s#it-bag Raiders were in a position to tie the game on the final drive.

Sorry, no one "dominated" anything.
We must have watched different games then. The Chargers defense was all over Jamarcus today. Rivers wasn't being beaten to a pulp like he was in the first meeting. He was pretty much untouched aside from a whiff on one play by RT Clary. The play in the trenches was owned by San Diego today, unlike week one.

The Chargers Special Teams had another bad game and gave the Raiders six points. That's one area that is usually a strength but has been horrible as of late.

The Raiders had 180 yards of offense. Pathetic. Jamarcus is a joke. And the Raiders will continue to be a joke as long as he remains their QB.

The one thing the Raiders have going for them is a good secondary. It helps nullify the Chargers best strength, their passing game. Oakland's defense matches up pretty well since the Chargers can't run the ball effectively. Take a look at their games from the past few years. The games haven't been blowouts.

Of course it feels better to blow out a team by thirty points but I was happy with the performance even if it was "just" an eight point win. The Chargers totally outplayed the Raiders today. Their play in the last three games has been significantly better than the previous games. Can't help but feel good about that as a Bolt fan.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

We turned the game on at the start of the 3rd quarter..... I think I lasted 10 plays until I fell asleep, Both of these teams suck so bad it bored me to sleep.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #15
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

The Chargers haven't won 13 straight blowouts against Oakland. Even when San Diego had an elite roster, there was still generally at least one nail biter in the series. Today wasn't a nail biter. There were some turnovers and other mistakes late in the game that kept Oakland hanging, but you could tell be the flow of the game that there was no way that they would capitalize. Even if they did, Phillip would have pulled something off at the end like he did the first game (which was a much closer contest.) Sweeping a rival like Oakland for the sixth consecutive year feels good. There is no reason to b**** and moan about only winning by 8 points.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #16
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
JaMarcus Russell said after Sunday's loss to San Diego that he was pleased with his 109-yard passing effort.
"I did a pretty good job," he said. Russell took five sacks, fumbled, threw an interception, averaged under five yards per pass attempt, and completed two passes for 16 yards to his wide receivers. He is 33rd in QB rating, tied for fifth in interceptions, and is completing 48.4% of his throws.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...L&id=4154&sn=t

This clown needs to be the Oakland Qb for the next 15 years, but I'm not that lucky.
He's 33rd in a 32 team league and thinks he's doing a good job? Priceless.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:26 AM   #17
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hope he's still starting when we play them again.

Funny thing is they'd be a half decent team if they had even an average QB.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 AM   #18
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

At least we eatin well.

-JaFatty
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 AM   #19
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
At least we eatin well.

-JaFatty
Yew'll are just poor!
-JaMammoth

WTF is wrong with that team?? From the NFL's website:
An Oakland Raiders security guard holds up a helmet while trying to block a photographer from shooting photos of Raiders' quarterback JaMarcus Russell (2) after the Raiders lost 24-16 to the San Diego Chargers of a NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 1, 2009 in San Diego. Russell was 14 for 22 for 109 yards and one interception. The guard swung the helmet into the camera of the photographer. (AP Photo/Chris Park)

Really?
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:54 AM   #20
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
The Chargers haven't won 13 straight blowouts against Oakland. Even when San Diego had an elite roster, there was still generally at least one nail biter in the series. Today wasn't a nail biter. There were some turnovers and other mistakes late in the game that kept Oakland hanging, but you could tell be the flow of the game that there was no way that they would capitalize. Even if they did, Phillip would have pulled something off at the end like he did the first game (which was a much closer contest.) Sweeping a rival like Oakland for the sixth consecutive year feels good. There is no reason to b**** and moan about only winning by 8 points.
In this league a win 'sa win ... even against Jemoron .
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

That team has become an asylum. Looks like new stories are coming out about Cable. It appears he likes to slap around more than just assistant coaches:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...towards-women/
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #22
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That team has become an asylum. Looks like new stories are coming out about Cable. It appears he likes to slap around more than just assistant coaches:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...towards-women/
Based on a lame one-sided ESPN report.

I don't like beating women, I don't like Cable and I don't like the raiders, but IMO, ESPN's report was a perfect example of poorly ATTEMPTED journalism. Cable's statement release pretty much squashed the entire thing, and makes "Outside-the-Lines" look like a joke. (IMO)
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Based on a lame one-sided ESPN report.

I don't like beating women, I don't like Cable and I don't like the raiders, but IMO, ESPN's report was a perfect example of poorly ATTEMPTED journalism. Cable's statement release pretty much squashed the entire thing, and makes "Outside-the-Lines" look like a joke. (IMO)
Cable's statement? The guy recently broke his assistant coaches jaw. Forgive me if I consider his "statement" as something coming from a dubious source.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Cable's statement? The guy recently broke his assistant coaches jaw. Forgive me if I consider his "statement" as something coming from a dubious source.
Cable's Story

Quote:
"The incident involving Ms. Lutz in which she came to my home uninvited was fully investigated by the Alameda police department and I cooperated fully with that investigation. I never battered her in any way. The police concluded correctly that I had done nothing wrong and that was the end of the matter. It is most unfortunate that ESPN has given Miss Lutz this forum to revisit this incident when I did nothing wrong and . . . ESPN further chose not to provide me with an appropriate opportunity to respond."

The allegation in the last sentence is significant. If true, ESPN failed to follow one of the primary principles of investigative journalism -- giving the subject of damaging allegations a chance to tell his side of the story.

The alleged failure of ESPN to give Cable an appropriate chance to respond becomes even more curious in light of the specific history between the Raiders and ESPN. Last year, Chris Mortensen admitted that he failed to seek a comment from the Raiders regarding a story relating to the potential sale of controlling interest in the team.
Not a fan of Cable or oakland, but ESPN were totally WRONG to broadcast that crap. The way the story was slanted is an abuse of media privilege!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
Cable's Story

Not a fan of Cable or oakland, but ESPN were totally WRONG to broadcast that crap. The way the story was slanted is an abuse of media privilege!
My guess is that Mortensen is afraid to go down there.