The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default missed sacks/tackles in the backfield

no question, the most frustrating part of todays game. they missed flacco so many times even when they had a clean shot on him, and the midget RB got away from a ton of tackles in the backfield. if they made those tackles clean, we woulda been in it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Tackling all over the field was poor today. We gave up a lot more YAC than we usually do.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Big Ben does some similar things in the pocket. We'll need to be better tacklers next week for sure. Watching all those misses in the backfield was frustrating.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Very good point and I wanted to smash my tv! I couldn't believe how many tackles we were missing. Even Dawkins. It was just a bunch of mistakes that set off the Ravens. I think in any other day, we are in it and probably win this game. Hopefully we punch the Steelers in the mouth.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

also, the WR got our backs on the curl route everytime. they also made our backs look stupid by that stupid studder step that worked almost every time to break the first tackle.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Anytime you cannot sustain a drive until the 3rd quarter the D is going to be gassed late in games.

I thought the D played well until mid 3rd quarter.

Nolan's game plan was sound. I am not sure what the Offensive plan really was.

If we recover that fumble deep in our end the game is a lot different.

I have no truck with the D today. The other 2 phases of the game were lacking though and for a HC that talks about watching every play of NE, it seemed apparent that he didn't bother to watch any Ravens footage over the bye.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We had a bad game. That's all there is. There were plays where we were in position to make a sack, blow up a screen, what have you and we didn't finish. It's actually good this happened now because we can address it down the road. And I think we'll see the Ravens again and the outcome will be different.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Anytime you cannot sustain a drive until the 3rd quarter the D is going to be gassed late in games.

I thought the D played well until mid 3rd quarter.

Nolan's game plan was sound. I am not sure what the Offensive plan really was.

If we recover that fumble deep in our end the game is a lot different.

I have no truck with the D today. The other 2 phases of the game were lacking though and for a HC that talks about watching every play of NE, it seemed apparent that he didn't bother to watch any Ravens footage over the bye.
yes, mcdaniels napped all weekend. hes known for not putting much time into studying the other teams tendencies.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
yes, mcdaniels napped all weekend. hes known for not putting much time into studying the other teams tendencies.
This is the thing that I was surprised by especially coming off a Bye.

All we heard after the NE game is how they watched every play of the 08 Patsy's. Maybe they didn't get the tape for the 08 ravens?

I still think Nolan had the D prepped and they kept the O in the game into the 3rd quarter.

It was nice to see the O go 3 and out and the D force a 3 or 5 play drive and get off the field in the 1st half but it is hard for any team's D to play like that all game with no Offense support.

It was like watching the 84 bears.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This is the thing that I was surprised by especially coming off a Bye.

All we heard after the NE game is how they watched every play of the 08 Patsy's. Maybe they didn't get the tape for the 08 ravens?

I still think Nolan had the D prepped and they kept the O in the game into the 3rd quarter.

It was nice to see the O go 3 and out and the D force a 3 or 5 play drive and get off the field in the 1st half but it is hard for any team's D to play like that all game with no Offense support.

It was like watching the 84 bears.
are you kidding? mcdaniels can tell you everything about every single player on the ravens team after the last 2 weeks, guaranteed. the gameplan didnt work today and he has to design the gameplan based on the strengths of teh players of this team, big deal they had an off week, is that not acceptable?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #11
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Preparation is one thing execution is another. The Ravens are a very good team that absolutely needed to win and that is the story of this game.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
are you kidding? mcdaniels can tell you everything about every single player on the ravens team after the last 2 weeks, guaranteed. the gameplan didnt work today and he has to design the gameplan based on the strengths of teh players of this team, big deal they had an off week, is that not acceptable?
That is great if I wanted to know if Ray Ray knifed that dude or when Ngata's birthday is but he did not show anything on O that showed a plan of attack.

They started trapping with the TE's in the run game in the 2nd quarter which helped pop some gains but there was nothing in the passing game to expose their D.

If it was week 3 or week 15 I could see it but this was after a bye.

You are blowing my posts out of porpotion again.

The D played well and was amped up in the 1st half, the Knowshon turnover gave the Ravens the ball deep in our territory and yet they only gave up a FG.

At one point there was a graphic about FP, Denver was starting on avg somewhere between the 15 and 20 and Ravens were starting at the 40something.

Hard for D's to be dominant when they are losing the FP battle.

You should have attacked the O.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #13
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

seemed like they were just runnin around today bad, gotta break down make the play
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Preparation is one thing execution is another. The Ravens are a very good team that absolutely needed to win and that is the story of this game.
That is a better excuse than the travel/time one.

Are you Arnold Horshack's Mother?
Old 11-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That is great if I wanted to know if Ray Ray knifed that dude or when Ngata's birthday is but he did not show anything on O that showed a plan of attack.

They started trapping with the TE's in the run game in the 2nd quarter which helped pop some gains but there was nothing in the passing game to expose their D.

If it was week 3 or week 15 I could see it but this was after a bye.

You are blowing my posts out of porpotion again.

The D played well and was amped up in the 1st half, the Knowshon turnover gave the Ravens the ball deep in our territory and yet they only gave up a FG.

At one point there was a graphic about FP, Denver was starting on avg somewhere between the 15 and 20 and Ravens were starting at the 40something.

do you not understand? im not talking about the offense or not saying the defense sucked, im saying tehy made a lot of missed tackles in the backfield for no apparent reason. do you comprehend?

the offense sucked clearly, i think thats obvious, but the defense let a ton of plays extend that should not have.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

The defense was missing alot more tackles in the second half than the first because they were getting tired. The offense going 3 and out most of the time will do that.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

IMO...if we had Gene on Special Teams today, our average starting position would be in the opponent's endzone. Alas, Gene was too busy nailing biatches to help out.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

The execution was hampered by a dip in energy due to physical laws (jet lag) believe it or not, no concern of mine.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
do you not understand? im not talking about the offense or not saying the defense sucked, im saying tehy made a lot of missed tackles in the backfield for no apparent reason. do you comprehend?

the offense sucked clearly, i think thats obvious, but the defense let a ton of plays extend that should not have.
Pointing out missed tackles to me means that you think the D underperformed when they clearly kept the team in the game until the mid 3rd quarter.

There problem was more in coverage down field than the fact that Davis over ran a couple sacks, even though he came back into the play and got one late in the game.

In the 1st half neither QB could complete anything meaningful or sustain any drives. Ravens got the FP in the 1st half and pounded our D into submission in the 2nd.

The O needed help from the officals on our lone scoring drive. I think you could have pounced on Hamliton rather than the D esp since they kept us in the game.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Going back to the OP, it was frustrating to see Flacco sidestepping those hits but it was still nice to see peeps in the backfield.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #21
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:

No, he's Juan Epstein's mother.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #22
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Pointing out missed tackles to me means that you think the D underperformed when they clearly kept the team in the game until the mid 3rd quarter.

There problem was more in coverage down field than the fact that Davis over ran a couple sacks, even though he came back into the play and got one late in the game.

In the 1st half neither QB could complete anything meaningful or sustain any drives. Ravens got the FP in the 1st half and pounded our D into submission in the 2nd.

The O needed help from the officals on our lone scoring drive. I think you could have pounced on Hamliton rather than the D esp since they kept us in the game.
the missed tackles took them from being a good D today instead of being great. they hit them so many times in the backfield but didnt finish.

clearly the offense was bad, im aware, i saw the game and they couldnt do anything. the knowshon fumble cant really be helped but orton had his worst game as a bronco this year, kept leaving his receivers out to die and they became hesitant because of it.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #23
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

the offensive line and special teams lost this game not the defense. Bergers 30 yard punts didn't help
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
IMO...if we had Gene on Special Teams today, our average starting position would be in the opponent's endzone. Alas, Gene was too busy nailing biatches to help out.
Gene would have fashioned his gameplan from some cardboard, duct tape, plastic urine bagies, and a sock.

Orton would have put up 40+ in that system and it would have dropped the CO2 levels in the greater Baltimore area.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
the missed tackles took them from being a good D today instead of being great. they hit them so many times in the backfield but didnt finish.

clearly the offense was bad, im aware, i saw the game and they couldnt do anything. the knowshon fumble cant really be helped but orton had his worst game as a bronco this year, kept leaving his receivers out to die and they became hesitant because of it.
That is better.

Knowshon got hung out to dry on that pass.