The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default Ladies and gentleman I give you your 6 &1 Broncos

The biggest factors in the loss IMO was an early game two time zones to the East and the resulting Jet lag. We caught a buzz saw in a talented Ravens team that absolutely needed a win. I really don't mind losing this game because I think we will grow from the experience. Joe Flacco is a hell of a QB. The situation & Flacco were just too much to over come by this young Broncos team.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah, but Daylight Saving Time gave them an hour back. They got outplayed on all sides of the ball, and outcoached in terms of play calling. Next week the Broncos will be back for the win.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Not to mention jet lag is no excuse on a bye week.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
anon
Seasoned Veteran

Tough loss against a good team. The only thing that really bothered me is that our offensive playcalling did not change at all despite ineffective series after ineffective series. There didn't seem to be a sense of urgency when down by multiple scores with the clock running down. I mean, it's not like the final score ended up looking much prettier despite our conservatism.
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

The Ravens D came to play today. Our screen game was terrible, the O line was flat outplayed. We'll shake it off, this is still a very good team that got outplayed today.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The biggest factors in the loss IMO was an early game two time zones to the East and the resulting Jet lag. We caught a buzz saw in a talented Ravens team that absolutely needed a win. I really don't mind losing this game because I think we will grow from the experience. Joe Flacco is a hell of a QB. The situation & Flacco were just too much to over come by this young Broncos team.
i agree - we looked flat today. the execution was poor, especially on offense and the defense struggled making stops in the 2nd half when we needed them.

all in all, tho, who would have EVER predicted a 6-1 record at this point. and of all the teams we've played, losing to the ravens is better than the patriots or bengals at this point in terms of tiebreakers. i'll take a loss to the ravens if it means a win against the steelers next monday night. then the Broncos would have tiebreakers with the patriots, bengals, and steelers. i don't see the ravens winning their division.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Yeah,
The ratbirds just plain wanted it more and the O did a poor job.
Orton needed better awareness at the first play...locked in on someone
to the left (probably Marshall) and totally didn't see the left side

Harris going out didn't help, and Hamilton got owned the entire first half.

Defense wore out in the late third.

A little humility will be good for the team right now with Pitt coming in for the Monday nighter.

They have an extra day to prep and heal up.

Not disappointed...they hung tough for a while.

Special TEAMS......Royal sucked at returns (again) and changing
the punter was a mistake...whosis nearly got four kicks blocked with his slow delivery, and got no yardage at all.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

It was a must win game for the Ravens. They were more motivated and played like it was a playoff game.

It's still a good loss for Denver in the fact that it shows them there is still a long way to go and motivate Denver for Monday night.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houghton View Post
Not to mention jet lag is no excuse on a bye week.
Dude Jet Lag is caused by rapidly traveling from West to East in a "Jet Plane" and takes effect immediately when you touch down. The bye week had zilch to do with it, it's not like we traveled by covered wagon.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxray View Post
harris going out didn't help, and hamilton got owned the entire first half.
Hamilton is just to small to play against DT and larger D-Linemen.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

The Ravens reminded me of the old Ravens. Looked like they had 14 guys on D, and knew what we were doing before we snapped the ball.

Not a big shocker. Their season was on the line, basically. They're a very good team. We made a few mistakes early on and they have too good of a D to let teams back in games.

Sucks, but it's a learning experience for the team. We still have a long way to go, and today was proof.

Still, it was 6-0 at the half and minus the opening KR TD, this could have been much closer.

Our D eventually gave way, but I like that they kept us in the game.

Offensively, we have things to figure out... but a lot of it was just playing a brutal, inspired defense.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

We did some good things on defense for about 3/4 of the game. It is hard to constantly go back out there and hold a good young QB, down. They did have some issues with the run at the end, but they were probably gassed. BAL had some good OT's and they held our OLBs in check vs. the blitz. I think we'll do better vs. PIT in that regard. Hopefully Harris comes back next week. The OL is allowed to have a bump in the road from time to time. I'm sure they will respond next week. They just need to clean up some things, that's all. It's a learning experience as baja said and I think there's a benefit to that. We'll be fine.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

All things considered, Denver held its own agaisnt a team that had so much more on the line. Denver ST gave up another TD and until late in the game the only Raven scores came on FG's. The first down on consecutive defensive offsides was the nail in the coffin where the Raven O scored its first TD.

Who's next Bring them on.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude Jet Lag is caused by rapidly traveling from West to East in a "Jet Plane" and takes effect immediately when you touch down. The bye week had zilch to do with it, it's not like we traveled by covered wagon.
Umm, I think what he's saying is that the team should have been well rested, and that the time zone issue had nothing to do with it. Besides, they really only lost one hour due to DST, and it's not like they flew into Baltimore this morning. They've been there since Friday.

The Broncos will learn from this loss. Hopefully now that they're back into the weekly schedule they'll stay strong. I think the bye was actually a momentum killer for them. It sure looked that way.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Yeah,

A little humility will be good for the team right now with Pitt coming in for the Monday nighter.

the punter was a mistake...whosis nearly got four kicks blocked with his slow delivery, and got no yardage at all.
I agree totally with your comments.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I've been saying for two weeks, in this kind of game you have to tackle. I also agree that Hamilton is the weak link on the line. Once again, Clady shut down his corner. Hamilton was a turnstile. The Broncos did look flat, compared to the last six games. I'm sure they'll get pumped back up for MNF at home against the Steelers. If anybody had asked me at the beginning of the season if I would be happy if the Broncos were 6 and 1 after seven games, I would have been doing cartwheels. Still in control of their destiny.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Just have to block & run better next Monday night verse the Steelers. Brandon let us down today with the drops and sloppy routes, he needs to step up next week big time.

6-1 more than I thought this team would be, but I'm not letting them rest on that. I still want the AFC West Title and a playoff win.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Tough loss against a good team. The only thing that really bothered me is that our offensive playcalling did not change at all despite ineffective series after ineffective series. There didn't seem to be a sense of urgency when down by multiple scores with the clock running down. I mean, it's not like the final score ended up looking much prettier despite our conservatism.
Is anybody else wondering about more trick plays? I hate to use that term but I thought there would be more trickery. Maybe there sitting it up for later in the season.
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Yeah,

A think that your comments are so important tha boling those part were essential
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
We did some good things on defense for about 3/4 of the game. It is hard to constantly go back out there and hold a good young QB, down. They did have some issues with the run at the end, but they were probably gassed. BAL had some good OT's and they held our OLBs in check vs. the blitz. I think we'll do better vs. PIT in that regard. Hopefully Harris comes back next week. The OL is allowed to have a bump in the road from time to time. I'm sure they will respond next week. They just need to clean up some things, that's all. It's a learning experience as baja said and I think there's a benefit to that. We'll be fine.
This is why it is good to have you back!

The D simply ran out of gas because the O could not sustain a drive.

Sad that McD didn't have a wrinkle he could have introduced over the last 2 weeks. You know like he did for NE.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #21
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I was impressed with the effort by the Broncos when the game was obviously over late in the fourth. There is no quit in this team. The Broncos have the make up to be a good late season & playoff team. We will improve from this experience.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Just have to block & run better next Monday night verse the Steelers. Brandon let us down today with the drops and sloppy routes, he needs to step up next week big time.

6-1 more than I thought this team would be, but I'm not letting them rest on that. I still want the AFC West Title and a playoff win.
Sorry, but BM saved at least one or two Orton picks by knocking the ball down and playing d-back. Orton was way off target today....first really BAD game without an injury to blame. ( he did get a heavy rush which is somewhat to blame but he was OFF his recievers too much.)

I agree about wanting the West title...we still control our destiny, and they should take care of business.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post

Considering he had 2 great catches to give us 2 wins I am giving him a pass and blaming Orton more for not finding an outlet, i.e. Sheff on the goaline on 3rd down in the 3rd quarter. He missed a couple other times but pressure will make a good QB mediocre and a mediocre QB bad. Pressure also affects the routes especially if they are as far down field as some of Marshall's were today.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #24
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
Umm, I think what he's saying is that the team should have been well rested, and that the time zone issue had nothing to do with it. Besides, they really only lost one hour due to DST, and it's not like they flew into Baltimore this morning. They've been there since Friday.

The Broncos will learn from this loss. Hopefully now that they're back into the weekly schedule they'll stay strong. I think the bye was actually a momentum killer for them. It sure looked that way.
Well rested does nothing to relieve jet Lag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_lag
Old 11-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #25
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
This is why it is good to have you back!

The D simply ran out of gas because the O could not sustain a drive.

Sad that McD didn't have a wrinkle he could have introduced over the last 2 weeks. You know like he did for NE.
I did like the fake WR screen one way and the throwback TE screen to Graham early in the game. It didn't gain much, but it could have easily been a big play had the LB's flowed weak as they were supposed to.

It may be a good idea to put Hochstein in there a little more often for Ben. I would agree with Roh and others that Ben is getting thrown around a little too often, now.

I think we'll look pretty good vs. PIT. We'll be amped up on Monday Night and we'll have that extra day to clean up some issues.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote