The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Baltimore Sun: Ravens vs. Broncos: key matchups

Quote:
Ravens vs. Broncos: Mike Preston's key matchups

Broncos OLB Elvis Dumervil vs. Ravens OT Jared Gaither

Gaither has missed the last two games and has been inactive for three weeks because of a neck injury. He gets to come back against Dumervil, one of the best pass rushers in the league. Dumervil is more power than finesse. He likes to use leverage, and like most great pass rushers, is relentless in trying to get to the quarterback. Gaither was struggling earlier in the season when he was healthy. The Ravens will have to give him help against Dumervil, at least until the rust comes off. Edge: Dumervil

Broncos CB Champ Bailey vs. Ravens WR Derrick Mason

It will be interesting to see how the Ravens handle Bailey. A lot of teams stay away from throwing at him. Bailey is physical and can run with any receiver. In Mason, he'll go against one of the better route runners in the league. Mason is the king of the comeback route. If you can take Mason out of the game, you can usually shut down the Ravens' passing game. Edge: Even

Broncos WRs Brandon Marshall and Jabar Gaffney vs. Ravens CBs Domonique Foxworth and Fabian Washington

The Broncos like to throw a lot of short, timing passes to Marshall and Gaffney, and both are excellent gaining yards after the catch. Foxworth and Washington have struggled this season, and they'll continue to get picked on unless they start making some plays. The key thing for the Ravens will be tackling and keeping everything in front of them. Unfortunately, the Ravens haven't tackled well this season. Edge: Marshall and Gaffney

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...tory?track=rss

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Borks147
the dude abides...

bailey vs. mason = even? baahahahahahaha!
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by aborquez147 View Post
bailey vs. mason = even? baahahahahahaha!
He must mean "even" in the sense that Bailey will have the same number of catches as Mason.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Gaither didn't practice Thursday and was still listed as questionable.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Foxy versus Marshall? We saw that enough in training camp, and it was Man versus Boy out there.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

It's a shame will still the underdogs stupid experts can go suck a dirty dickhole
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
Bronco Yoda

Is it just me or has Champ Bailey lost a lot of cred with talking heads after his latest injuries.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Is it just me or has Champ Bailey lost a lot of cred with talking heads after his latest injuries.
Thats a good thing. I'd love people to think Champ isn't one of the ELITE corners in the league.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I give respect to Mason. I said in an earlier thread IMO Let Goodman play Clayton 1 on 1, and go ahead and roll a safety to mason early in the game to help Bailey.

Then stick DJ or some other good player like Woodyard to really dog Rice if he goes out for a pass.

Dawkins dogs Heap and IMO we could really get Flacco having to do things he doesn't like to do.

IMO he looks to Mason, then to Rice. Or he looks to Rice for a pass that was obviously his first read.

I bet Nolan has some good plans to take Mason and Rice out of the game.

For Broncos you can say let's take Moreno and Marshall out, but we have no problem throwing to Gaffney, Stoke, Royal, getting Buck and Sheff involved.

IMO Ravens much less versatile on offense and easier to prepare for.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
He must mean "even" in the sense that Bailey will have the same number of catches as Mason.

My thoughts exactly.

Ravens suck!
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
ReillyB
RIP #27 & #29

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyler Polumbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I give respect to Mason. I said in an earlier thread IMO Let Goodman play Clayton 1 on 1, and go ahead and roll a safety to mason early in the game to help Bailey.

Then stick DJ or some other good player like Woodyard to really dog Rice if he goes out for a pass.

Dawkins dogs Heap and IMO we could really get Flacco having to do things he doesn't like to do.

IMO he looks to Mason, then to Rice. Or he looks to Rice for a pass that was obviously his first read.

I bet Nolan has some good plans to take Mason and Rice out of the game.

For Broncos you can say let's take Moreno and Marshall out, but we have no problem throwing to Gaffney, Stoke, Royal, getting Buck and Sheff involved.

IMO Ravens much less versatile on offense and easier to prepare for.
I would like to see something similar to what we do with elite tight ends, and have Barrett in a special package on Rice. I think our secondary can handle their recievers, but Rice scares me a lot.
ReillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Ok, sorry to interrupt but I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this. Where's the Raven look alikes thread. Did I miss it? If not I'd start one but I don't have a clue how to even post a pic. I just don't want the mojo upset.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Ok, sorry to interrupt but I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this. Where's the Raven look alikes thread. Did I miss it? If not I'd start one but I don't have a clue how to even post a pic. I just don't want the mojo upset.
It's there. Old Dude started it a few days ago.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Our D matches up well I think. Heap is kinda scary if we mis-blitz like we did early last game. But other than that, I think we should have their number.

I think the question for us is if we can continue to limit our turnovers against their D and play okay on special teams. This seems to be a game where we could easily outplay them and lose because of a couple of big plays. That's the key to me.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Foxworth sucks, he'll get abused tomorrow.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #16
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

We need to key in on Ray Rice....he can beat you running the ball and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Rice is averaging 6.0 yards per carry running the ball and is on pace for 88 receptions.

I knew he was going to be a damn good pro player when he was at Rutgers.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #17
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Another concern I have when playing the Ravens is injuries.

It seems like every time I watch a team play the Ravens, they come away from the game with more injuries on average than when they play other teams.

Baltimore's physical brand of football is the reason for this. We need to match their intensity....we need to send as many of their players limping off the field as they do to us.

It's nice having a super intense and physical player like Brian Dawkins on our defense to match the intensity that Ray Lewis brings.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #18
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Another concern I have when playing the Ravens is injuries.

It seems like every time I watch a team play the Ravens, they come away from the game with more injuries on average than when they play other teams.

Baltimore's physical brand of football is the reason for this. We need to match their intensity....we need to send as many of their players limping off the field as they do to us.

It's nice having a super intense and physical player like Brian Dawkins on our defense to match the intensity that Ray Lewis brings.
you know i think there is something to this. McD said in his presser today that they were hitting hard in practice, as hard as they have all season... I think that will help them prepare the the physicality of the ravens
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #19
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
you know i think there is something to this. McD said in his presser today that they were hitting hard in practice, as hard as they have all season... I think that will help them prepare the the physicality of the ravens
I am and always will be a fan of Shanny....but physical teams always gave us trouble during his tenure.

Shanny's practices were relatively non-physical compared to most teams and I think that hindered us against teams like Baltimore.