The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Orton, Brady, Roethlisberger.........

Quote:
"One thing about Orton that has become obvious is that he seldom loses. With a 27-12 record as a starter (.692), the only active passers who've made at least 25 starts and have a better winning percentage are Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger.

"Kyle Orton is a better leader (than Jay Cutler)," one team insider said of Orton, who has a career 18-2 record in home games and has rung up a mind-numbing 142.1 passer rating with a 9-1 TD-interception ratio in the fourth quarters of games so far this season. "He is more mature and smarter. Obviously, Jay was a better athlete."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/200...racle-in-works

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 10-28-2009 at 09:30 PM..
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

That's kinda like the kid who can dunk alot better then you but all you have to do is foul him because he can't make a frickin freethrow to save his life. And what does that kid do about it? He goes and practices more kinds of dunks and works on his vertical jump instead of going to the line and practicing free throws.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Only time will tell. Cutler could mature into a better leader, but I doubt Orton will mature into a better athlete. Still, it looks like you don't need to be a great athlete to excel in this system. I think Orton has suprised just about everyone with how well he had done, hope it continues.

I wonder what Cutler is thinking about the whole deal these days...
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Only time will tell. Cutler could mature into a better leader, but I doubt Orton will mature into a better athlete. Still, it looks like you don't need to be a great athlete to excel in this system. I think Orton has suprised just about everyone with how well he had done, hope it continues.

I wonder what Cutler is thinking about the whole deal these days...
I think he's got about 30 Million things to think about right now..
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
ØrangeÇrush
Aaaayh!!!

Cutler is also a better athlete than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and yet that doesn't seem to come up when they talk about these guys....
ØrangeÇrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #6
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

All of those guys have a lot better skill set than Orton. I love the job that Orton has done so far, but he isn't very good at eluding pressure, and his deep ball takes to long to get to the WR and the defender has time to recover. Those aren't thing that can be coached. My only other critic of Orton is that he holds onto to ball too long, but that can be coached. I even saw him throw it away before the pressure got to him a few times versus the Chargers. He doesn't really attack defenses, but as long as we continue to play great defense and run effectively we will continue to win by taking what they give us in the passing game.
chanesaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ØrangeÇrush View Post
Cutler is also a better athlete than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and yet that doesn't seem to come up when they talk about these guys....

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's kinda like the kid who can dunk alot better then you but all you have to do is foul him because he can't make a frickin freethrow to save his life. And what does that kid do about it? He goes and practices more kinds of dunks and works on his vertical jump instead of going to the line and practicing free throws.
Don't know about you, but I'd trade my life for Shaq's...........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

I loved the trade (allows us to sign a bunch of players instead of a huge $$ for cutler) I have always liked Orton, and said he should put up numbers like Cutler did last year, except less Ints. Hope he continues to prove me right! All my friends said I was crazy!
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Only time will tell. Cutler could mature into a better leader...
Leaders are born, not created!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote