The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Default It's Favre again. Let the nonsense begin.

Well, the first volleys have been fired. Favre is quoted as saying his current Viking team is the most talented he's ever played on.

His ex buddy and teammate Chmura shot back that "Favre the qb now is nowhere near as good as the Favre from 1996."

I don't get Brett sometimes, really. What's the point of such idiotic statements? That Packer team that appeared in two superbowls was good enough to cover his erratic mistakes and massive ego. And despite hype, this Viking team has to finish TEN MORE GAMES at least, then the playoffs, then the superbowl, and then win one! Something the franchise has never done.

Besides sticking it to Green Bay, I really think Mr. Meglomania wants to claim credit for bringing the first superbowl to the Minnesota franchise.

And visions of Elway still dance in his block head.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Orton > Favre
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Aww shucks, he's just a down home country boy playin' a game he loves in his Wrangler jeans! Why's everyone gotta have a stick in their craw?
Right Eugene Wilson?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"In Minnesota, I finally feel like I'm home."

Honestly, what an absolutely staggering thing to say.

He really needs to get himself a ring this year or (*gulp*) next, for his own sake. He's basically spent the last two years taking a massive runny dump on his own legacy. He needs something to make that worthwhile.

Had he bowed out two years ago when he first retired, he'd be remembered as one of the all time great QB's and one of the great characters of the game on top of that.

Now, he'll still be remembered as one of the all time great QB's. Only people will also remember him as the self-absorbed drama queen who we all just couldn't wait to be finally rid of.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

You have to give him some leeway to pump his own guys up. Farve is playing to try to win a championship. There's a lot that goes into that, and the mental aspect is one of them. It probably makes his teammates feel good to hear that coming from their veteran leader.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

And frankly, Green Bay made their own bed here by pushing the guy out the door before he was ready to go. The guy is playing at a very high level and is a competitor. Why should he be forced into retirement before he's ready to go?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
And frankly, Green Bay made their own bed here by pushing the guy out the door before he was ready to go. The guy is playing at a very high level and is a competitor. Why should he be forced into retirement before he's ready to go?
2005: 20 tds 29 ints
2006: 18 tds 18 ints

Each off season dragging the team along on whether or not he would return. Eventually the team needed to put their foot down so they could move on and appropriately build the team.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

It's early, and we're off and running!

http://thevikingage.com/2009/10/28/f...d-on-comments/

http://www.i94sports.com/articles/gr...-favre-09.html

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13657114?source=rss

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/10/...ates-disagree/

It will be pure nausea by Saturday alone.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why should he be forced into retirement before he's ready to go?
Because the guy backing him up was a better QB than he was and he refused to play backup QB, which would have been the best thing for the team.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
Well, the first volleys have been fired. Favre is quoted as saying his current Viking team is the most talented he's ever played on.

His ex buddy and teammate Chmura shot back that "Favre the qb now is nowhere near as good as the Favre from 1996."

I don't get Brett sometimes, really. What's the point of such idiotic statements? That Packer team that appeared in two superbowls was good enough to cover his erratic mistakes and massive ego. And despite hype, this Viking team has to finish TEN MORE GAMES at least, then the playoffs, then the superbowl, and then win one! Something the franchise has never done.

Besides sticking it to Green Bay, I really think Mr. Meglomania wants to claim credit for bringing the first superbowl to the Minnesota franchise.

You know I have seen many Broncos fans drag Favre name thew the mud why is that I remember him saying if he was to lose a SB he was glad it was to Elway he was genuinely happy for Elway .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Exactly... I get tired of all the back and forth regarding Brett Favre and retirement. But, he will always be one of my favorite players of all time.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
Because the guy backing him up was a better QB than he was and he refused to play backup QB, which would have been the best thing for the team.
man.........
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends

Livin' The Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
You have to give him some leeway to pump his own guys up. Farve is playing to try to win a championship. There's a lot that goes into that, and the mental aspect is one of them. It probably makes his teammates feel good to hear that coming from their veteran leader.
He said the same thing about the Packers his last year too, that they were the most talented team he'd ever played on. It's all hot air.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

hype/drama sells
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Exactly... I get tired of all the back and forth regarding Brett Favre and retirement. But, he will always be one of my favorite players of all time.
One of my favorite football memories is watching a stupified Barve Frent wander off the field after SB XXXII while Elway jumps for joy.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

BTW Is Britta still allowed to have a Beer and pop a couple of V's on a Friday night or is he still under NFL house arrest?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post

BTW Chewie still thinks that the 1999 prom was the best, he partied like she was 19 and it was 1999.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #18
bombay
Ring of Famer

He's like a little kid out there.

Emotionally, anyway.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote