The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #51
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

This is not really a dream because I am awake. Sometimes when I wake I can see a big spider on the wall and then it disappears. I also see a black ball of string moving very strangely in the air. I am assuming it has something to do with the eyes.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #52
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Last night I only remember the tail end of a dream. I was playing whoops and somebody went past me as I was guarding them and and I reached out to try and grab them and I could feel my arm swing in real life and woke up that instant as my hand hit my headboard ........hahaha. Pretty funny.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #53
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I have been able to control my dreams recently, I think the trick is that during the school year I would have to get up and drive my kid to school, most days when I didn't sleep well the night before I would go back to sleep when I got home, who am I kidding this was almost every day. The days where I fell right back to sleep I found I dreamt (sp?) more and was even able to dictate the outcome. The days where I would lay there and watch tv before dozing off I would maybe dream but it was short and uncontrolable(sp?).

I guess the key is waking up after a couple hours of sleep then going back to sleep quickly, but you have to have been up and aware of your actions before getting back into a sleep that you can dream in.

That and taking a handful of goofballs helps.

It is pretty cool when you get one that you can control. Most of the ones I control don't end they fade out and I know I am awake but I am still laying there trying to keep the dream going. Maybe that part is the sleep paralasis part?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #54
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

The patch !

Every time I decide to quit smoking I go on the patch.

Thanks to the Patch I have vacationed in Alaska, had a mocha chick serve me naked and took a safari in Africa.

What he talks about is true. If you ever need a quick cheap get away hit the patch.

Craziest dreams you will ever have. I had to stop wearing them at night because even though I was sleeping my brain gets no rest.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #55
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I frequently have flying dreams, always very similar in nature. I suppose I know I'm dreaming and have a certain amount of control over my actions, but I can never control the setting. Very strange.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #56
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
This is not really a dream because I am awake. Sometimes when I wake I can see a big spider on the wall and then it disappears. I also see a black ball of string moving very strangely in the air. I am assuming it has something to do with the eyes.
This happens to my girlfriend sometimes. I've looked into it and it's pretty common.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
Has anyone tried this? For those that don't know, it's the ability to become lucid while you're dreaming (duh), thus being able to go wherever you want and do whatever you want. This can be very difficult for some people but once you get the hang of it you can do it pretty much at will.

There are a number of different techniques to achieve lucidity, some of them require to fall asleep while actually being conscious (I've never been able to do this) and in others you'll need to recognize your "dream signs" or do "reality checks" to see if you are dreaming or not. Lucid dreams are usually very vivid so it really feels like real life. (except for all the non-sense that comes with dreaming)

I'm no expert but I've had a number of lucid dreams after practicing for a week and it was fun as hell. The first few times I actually got too excited after becoming lucid and woke up, but after that I had some dreams were some crazy things happened and I said to myself: "Ok, this is BS, I must be dreaming" and voila, suddenly it became really vivid, almost like real life and I could do whatever I wanted... didn't last long though, I woke up trying to take off and fly.

Maybe some of you have experienced what is called Sleep Paralysis, where you suddenly wake up and can't move your body. This can actually be pretty scary as some people see crazy things and hear screams and what not in this stage. Not being able to move is pretty scary in itself. This is a normal thing though, and we ALL go through this Sleep Paralysis stage when we're sleeping, as our mind shuts down our body to prevent us from falling out of our bed or start running while dreaming. SP is used to become lucid in a technique called WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming), where the person will consciously enter the SP stage and enter a dream from there.

Ok I know this may sound really crazy if you never heard of lucid dreaming before but it's not. If you're interested in this subject, check out www.dreamviews.com. There's a very cool forum there and a lot of FAQs with different techniques to induce lucid dreaming.

I'd like to hear from you guys, I'm sure someone must've had a lucid dream at some point in life.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #58
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I'm lucid dreaming!!!!!

Name:  imagesCAC9CWFQ.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  6.0 KB
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #59
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I frequently have flying dreams, always very similar in nature. I suppose I know I'm dreaming and have a certain amount of control over my actions, but I can never control the setting. Very strange.
Then you likely are doing well in life and don't have many stressors. Flying dreams usually, if not always happen when you break through a barrier or are going forward in motion. Really an easy symbolic thing to analyze. You aren't going to have these sort of dreams if you are in a bad way, super stressed, etc.

I probably have a flying dream once a month. However, I always have them after bouts with my kidney issues when I am on the mend. I also have a lot of dreams where I play musical instruments and fly when playing them too -- which is usually after a jam session or when I get done recording some stuff.

I've kept a dream journal ever since 2010 because it is a good training method for lucid and other types of dreaming. I was getting to the point where I would have 3-5 separate dreams a night and be able to recall them in detail each that would be several pages in length. When you become a lucid dreamer, astral projection becomes possible, though few ever get there.

I've had a lot of weird precognitive dreams and as of late, happen to talk to people in my dreams who I don't know, write down their names (when asking them in dream land) and oddly enough run into someone I have never met with that name within the next few days.

My craziest precognitive dream was about 4 or 5 months before I moved to Colorado, well before I had even made that decision. I was driving through the mountains and ended up stopping at a 7-11 gas station where there was an odd conversation discussing the amount of money it was going to cost to repair the gas lines at the store ($250,000) -- and how ridiculous the two male clerks thought it was that it cost so much, when they could likely get a better location for the same price and have a whole new store.

Low and behold, when I stop in Winter Park to get some stuff before moving into my place, that exact same conversation happens. I always carry my dream journal with my in my travel pack, so I went out to the car, ripped that page out and gave it to the guy who was working there.

Blew his mind, he tried yelling at me to come back in, but I knew I'd run in to him eventually. A few weeks later, I ran into him at a concert at a local bar and he had the page in his wallet, showed it to me and was like, "How the Hell can this be true?"

I just shrugged and laughed. How the Hell it works, I dunno. He was one of the best friends I made out there. Strange how things work out.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #60
Johnykbr

Because of some of the meds I'm on, pretty much 90 percent of my dreams are lucid. I actually really don't like it because I never wake up feeling rested.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #61
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #62
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Holy thread bump! I was reading along thinking Blak had come back and was half spamming us with dream bazi stuff. Then all of a sudden there is mock posting. Talk about a jolt!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #63
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Holy thread bump! I was reading along thinking Blak had come back and was half spamming us with dream bazi stuff. Then all of a sudden there is mock posting. Talk about a jolt!

I'm still here man! I've been reading the Mane for at least a few minutes almost everyday, just haven't been posting.

Also haven't been logging in, just reading. But yeah, after seeing this one bumped I HAD to say something.

My love for the Broncos is still as strong as it ever was.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #64
sutoazul
Independently Owned

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This is very interesting. (same thing happened to me Apa, I was reading without checking the date and then saw Mock's message, had to do a double take) )

The other day after reading this thread I had a dream that I woke up and sat in my bed and then my alarm went off to realize that it was all a dream. First time so it was weird. I remembered this thread immediately.
sutoazul is offline   Reply With Quote