The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #26
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

i just dont want to buy BAZI with the dreaming. If this is some type of multi level dreaming where i have to pay to achieve a higher sensation, I will just go to my local Christian Scientist Hall.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #27
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I am almost positive that this Broncos season is just a very real, lucid dream.

No other explanation makes sense.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I've had them, but usually get too excited when I realize its happening and then wake up.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 AM   #29
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

I dreamed the Broncos were 16-0 and going into game 1 of the playoffs vs the Chargers (it was a dream). Jake Plummer was on our team, much like Vick is to the Eagles, and he had some specialty plays in the Wild Horse formation where he'd do a handball move.

At halftime we were down 0 - 42 and the guys were really sad, very lonely, and all the fans were booing except me, and mcdaniels noticed my enthusiasm so he invited me to the locker room to give the boys a "pep talk". They took off their helmets and pads and they were so sweaty, the whole room smelled of Bronco musk. Needless to say they were late getting back on the field for the 3rd quarter but they dominated from that time on. 45-42 Denver was the final score.

Last edited by Blart; 10-25-2009 at 02:41 AM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 AM   #30
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
I dreamed the Broncos were 16-0 and going into game 1 of the playoffs vs the Chargers (it was a dream). Jake Plummer was on our team, much like Vick is to the Eagles, and he had some specialty plays in the Wild Horse formation where he'd do a handball move.

At halftime we were down 0 - 42 and the guys were really sad, very lonely, and all the fans were booing except me, and mcdaniels noticed my enthusiasm so he invited me to the locker room to give the boys a "pep talk". They took off their helmets and pads and they were so sweaty, the whole room smelled of Bronco musk. Needless to say they were late getting back on the field for the 3rd quarter but they dominated from that time on. 45-42 Denver was the final score.
ummm...
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #31
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

The PS I experience often but never knew until now that there was a name/explanation for it.

The LDing I believe I have also experienced in the form of flying and it only takes a minimal amount of effort in my dreams to get flying. Like a bouncier step in my walk and I usually control my height to tree top level. Again did not know there was a name let alone study on the event(s).

Thanks for the info and sharing Blak Argentina.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #32
BossChief
not a troll

not a troll

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
heh. I used up all my frequent flyer miles for now....

That must have been one of the best live shows of all friggin time!
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:36 AM   #33
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

All 'cept the stupid pig....
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:17 AM   #34
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
Has anyone tried this? For those that don't know, it's the ability to become lucid while you're dreaming (duh), thus being able to go wherever you want and do whatever you want. This can be very difficult for some people but once you get the hang of it you can do it pretty much at will.

There are a number of different techniques to achieve lucidity, some of them require to fall asleep while actually being conscious (I've never been able to do this) and in others you'll need to recognize your "dream signs" or do "reality checks" to see if you are dreaming or not. Lucid dreams are usually very vivid so it really feels like real life. (except for all the non-sense that comes with dreaming)

I'm no expert but I've had a number of lucid dreams after practicing for a week and it was fun as hell. The first few times I actually got too excited after becoming lucid and woke up, but after that I had some dreams were some crazy things happened and I said to myself: "Ok, this is BS, I must be dreaming" and voila, suddenly it became really vivid, almost like real life and I could do whatever I wanted... didn't last long though, I woke up trying to take off and fly.

Maybe some of you have experienced what is called Sleep Paralysis, where you suddenly wake up and can't move your body. This can actually be pretty scary as some people see crazy things and hear screams and what not in this stage. Not being able to move is pretty scary in itself. This is a normal thing though, and we ALL go through this Sleep Paralysis stage when we're sleeping, as our mind shuts down our body to prevent us from falling out of our bed or start running while dreaming. SP is used to become lucid in a technique called WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming), where the person will consciously enter the SP stage and enter a dream from there.

Ok I know this may sound really crazy if you never heard of lucid dreaming before but it's not. If you're interested in this subject, check out www.dreamviews.com. There's a very cool forum there and a lot of FAQs with different techniques to induce lucid dreaming.

I'd like to hear from you guys, I'm sure someone must've had a lucid dream at some point in life.

All the time... I used to have a lot better control of it as a kid. As I grow older it seems I go longer and longer between episodes or events or whatever you'd like to call it. Generally, it starts off with a dream of playing basketball. I go up and dunk like a mad man and I get some serious hang time, that is my indicator that I'm dreaming (really though) and that dream will undoubtedly turn into a dream in which I can fly. I'd venture to guess I've had flying dreams 500 times or more.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #35
delany
Uber Bronco

I had a lucid dream last night that the Broncos won the Super Bowl this year.

It was great.

There were midgets.

+EDV was better than keno.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #36
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
I had a lucid dream last night that the Broncos won the Super Bowl this year.

It was great.

There were midgets.

+EDV was better than keno.
I had a lucid dream that we won the SB and then thunder and I tag teamed the spice girls in their prime. High hoof five!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #37
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I'd venture to guess I've had flying dreams 500 times or more.
The best dreams I've ever had, and the worst, were both lucid dreams. Funny, but both the best and the worst were within the last couple years.

I've had flying dreams all my life, as far back as I can remember. They make a good barometer for how I feel my life is going at the time. Sometimes they're wildly freeing and fun, and I can swoop and soar all over the place, with aerobatics, to any altitude I want. Sometimes they're frustrating, because I can just barely get a couple inches off the ground, kind of like I was "step-sliding" on the air, but I can't get enough headway for a real takeoff. Other times, when I've been having a tough time in the waking world, my flying dreams disappear altogether for months at a time. Like when I was going through separation and divorce, back in 2000, or recovering from the kidney failure crash in 2004.

The best dream I've ever had was just a few days ago. It was a flying dream, but this time I realized (learned?) that I was actually in control of the dream. I hadn't ever noticed before that my previous flying dreams were rather "passive:" I was gliding, more than flying, and at the mercy of whatever elements, air currents, thermals, or whatever I found. (Tho I've never lost control and crashed in a flying dream.) For this recent dream, I could rise up off the ground at will, and go where I wanted for as long as I wanted, without concern about losing the mojo (or whatever) and having to come back to the ground.

It's probably not a coincidence that this best-ever flying dream comes at the same time as I'm buying my first house. Buying a home is something I'd never seriously thought I'd do, but I've been working with a realtor and mortgage broker the last few weeks. Assuming everything stays on track as planned so far, the closing date will be July 19th. (Which also happens to be the first day of the vacation time we planned back in March, before I'd even begun seriously thinking about buying a home or moving into it. The timing kinda transcends coincidence into synchronicity.)

In the worst dream I've ever had, I was trapped in some sort of dark, gritty, grim condition of life. My apartment was dirty and run down, I had a job I hated, the atmosphere was foul -- you name it, it was just bad. Sort of like living in a real-life cyberpunk film noir, something like Sin City crossed with Dark City crossed with Blade Runner and Taxi Driver. There was nothing left to enjoy in life, anything that had ever been good was lost, and everything was bleak. It was just drudgery living in that world. Getting up to go to work in the morning was almost more than I could bear to face.

Then my alarm clock went off, and I woke up with a huge sense of relief that it had only been a dream. I started to roll out of bed, and saw a cockroach on the floor. The bug proved I was awake, and I had all the normal bodily sensations that I don't have in my dreams. Reality crashed in as I looked around and realized that the grim, grey dreamworld was actually better than the world I'd awakened into. I wanted to cry, but there was no point to it. Why bother? So, instead, I said "**** it" to the terrible job, laid back down, and tried to go back to sleep again.

That dream-wake-back-to-sleep cycle repeated FIVE TIMES. It was so bad that when I did finally wake up, for real, I was afraid to believe my bedroom was real. What could really set this bedroom apart from the others where I'd woke up the previous five times? I had to go work that day, and I did, but I was utterly brain-dead and physically exhausted all day.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I rarely dream, but when I do, I often have control over events. I used to dream very vividly quite frequently it would often freak me out as a child, but I eventually got to the point of being able to quickly detect when I am dreaming and gain control of what is happening or if necessary wake up or just stop dreaming.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #39
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I rarely dream, but when I do, I often have control over events. I used to dream very vividly quite frequently it would often freak me out as a child, but I eventually got to the point of being able to quickly detect when I am dreaming and gain control of what is happening or if necessary wake up or just stop dreaming.
Maybe you meant this, but you dream every night. You just rarely remember them.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #40
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I have had that sleep paralysis many times. It freaks you out at first. I still fly in my dreams and the are very vivid.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #41
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Happens to me all the time and actually I don't like it. I'll wake up in the morning at like 4AM and say to myself I'm just going to lay here for a half an hour and I think of doing stuff and I say to myself alright, half hour is up and I look at the clock and 3 or 4 hours has gone by. I don't like that.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #42
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I had a lucid dream that I got a nuru massage and it cost me $150 bucks

It was awesome anyway.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #43
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

It'd kind of suck to have a lucid dream the Broncos won the Super Bowl. You'd know they really actually hadn't. Not sure not real there would be as satisfying as not real dream bangin' a super model.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #44
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

My favorite lucid dream started with me in a factory being overrun by zombies. I decided to levitate and fry them with lightning bolts.

Best dream, ever.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #45
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I just hate waking up from some lucid dreams...you know the ones.
I'm going to assume these dreams star Eric Decker and a whip cream bikini?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The important thing is understanding what they mean (dreams). Very few people can achieve being lucid full fledged. Flying and doing cool **** does not imply lucidity.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #47
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I have had that sleep paralysis many times. It freaks you out at first. I still fly in my dreams and the are very vivid.
You are not asleep. You are on drugs, hippie!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #48
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I had a lucid dream that I got a nuru massage and it cost me $150 bucks

It was awesome anyway.
I've had that dream in Montreal.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #49
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
My favorite lucid dream started with me in a factory being overrun by zombies. I decided to levitate and fry them with lightning bolts.

Best dream, ever.
Zombie dreams are some of my favorites
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #50
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I hate the vivid nightmares though. In those dreams I wake up and cant move. The room is all dark and I can hear something running around in the room. I remember in one of them I managed to fall off the bed. Which was even scarier because I still couldn't move and was closer to whatever was in my room. One time I fell a sleep in the day time and woke up and couldn't move. This time I could see, since it was light and I saw two 2 or 3 foot creatures at my feet. Then all of a sudden a third creature appeared to left of my face and moved right in front of my face. Scared the living hell out of me since I have never seen anything like them. I can usually tell when I am going to have one of those types of dreams, so I usually leave the lights on so I can tell its a dream if its dark. I also remember a dream from like 30 years ago when I was a kid. We had a bunk bed and near the top bunk was a window. I was sleeping on the bottom bunk and woke up. I saw the wind blowing the curtain of the small window and I went up to close the window. I pulled the curtain back and I saw something close to the picture. Anyways I ran to my parents room but the door was locked. So I tried to yell but nothing came out, so I beat on the door. I then went into the living room then back to my room and hid underneath the bed. I woke up the next day under the bed.
Attached Images

Last edited by broncolife; 06-17-2013 at 12:08 AM..
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote