The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Lorenzo Neal Interview RE: Norv

Very interesting take on Norv. Please, please, please keep him there!

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/...o/40/13478.mp3
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Very interesting take on Norv. Please, please, please keep him there!

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/...o/40/13478.mp3
Can you give a quick summary...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

He essentially heavily implied that Norv wasn't driving accountability throughout the locker room. The gist was that he's likely losing the locker-room because he doesn't have a "hard love" approach...he's all love...
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

norv sucks as a head coach basically.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
norv sucks as a head coach basically.
And there's a little bit of this too....
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

If they let Marty stick around..i bet they would have won a SB by now!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,405
Default

My dad would sometimes be hard on me even though I did nothing really wrong. I would be set to have a fun weekend, and he would say something like you don't help you mom enough, all you do is the minimum. You do your chores as fast as you can then want to run and play. Life isn't all play and a real man finds more work to do, he just doesn't do the minimum to get by.

I think sometimes coaches also need to kick players i the ass. You can't just be the buddy every weekend. A real leader forgoes always being the nice guy to dish out some tough love.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
My dad would sometimes be hard on me even though I did nothing really wrong. I would be set to have a fun weekend, and he would say something like you don't help you mom enough, all you do is the minimum. You do your chores as fast as you can then want to run and play. Life isn't all play and a real man finds more work to do, he just doesn't do the minimum to get by.

I think sometimes coaches also need to kick players i the ass. You can't just be the buddy every weekend. A real leader forgoes always being the nice guy to dish out some tough love.
Absolutely....it's fundamental to true competitive execution in life.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Absolutely....it's fundamental to true competitive execution in life.
I still turned out a slacker though, what gives. Not my dads fault though!!!!! !!!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If they let Marty stick around..i bet they would have won a SB by now!
I've been saying that for 2 years now. They were ignorant forcing Marty out. I would have gotten rid of the GM before letting Marty go if I was the owner. What a dumb ass owner. And then the give up Drew because they feel he is too short. Look at him now. Fools over there I swear it.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #11
400HZ
Ring of Famer
 
400HZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli
Default

Norv was a gamble that almost worked. San Diego probably would have won it all during their AFCCG run in 2007 if Rivers, Gates, LT, and Merriman hadn't all gotten hurt. That's just ridiculously bad luck that you can't pin on Norv or AJ or anybody.

Now that the Chargers find themselves needing to reload and make some serious roster turnover, I think Norv's usefulness is at an end. Young players need to learn fundamentals, accountability, and discipline. Norv does not emphasize any of these things. Marty built a pretty goddamn good team based almost solely on those principles, but beyond that he didn't offer much - hence his lack of postseason success.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #12
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Not having Tomlinson in there near the goal line Monday night just really made no sense no matter how Turner tried to spin it.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #13
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Norv was a gamble that almost worked. San Diego probably would have won it all during their AFCCG run in 2007 if Rivers, Gates, LT, and Merriman hadn't all gotten hurt. That's just ridiculously bad luck that you can't pin on Norv or AJ or anybody.

Now that the Chargers find themselves needing to reload and make some serious roster turnover, I think Norv's usefulness is at an end. Young players need to learn fundamentals, accountability, and discipline. Norv does not emphasize any of these things. Marty built a pretty goddamn good team based almost solely on those principles, but beyond that he didn't offer much - hence his lack of postseason success.

karma can be a b****.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
karma can be a b****.
Karma? That makes no sense. They don't go out and deliberately injure other players.

It's just bad luck. Teams that go make it to the playoffs and beyond are not always necessarily the best but the healthiest. The Chargers have dealt with some bad injures over the past few years in stretches but 2007 came all at once for the most important game of the year.

For all you still slurping over Marty, he wouldn't have won anything in 2007 either with those injuries. I even doubt he would have gotten to that game.

Look at what injuries to the o-line and QB did to the Seahawks last year and it's happening to them again this year. I think the Seahawks are a very good team when healthy.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Norv was a gamble that almost worked. San Diego probably would have won it all during their AFCCG run in 2007 if Rivers, Gates, LT, and Merriman hadn't all gotten hurt. That's just ridiculously bad luck that you can't pin on Norv or AJ or anybody.

Now that the Chargers find themselves needing to reload and make some serious roster turnover, I think Norv's usefulness is at an end. Young players need to learn fundamentals, accountability, and discipline. Norv does not emphasize any of these things. Marty built a pretty goddamn good team based almost solely on those principles, but beyond that he didn't offer much - hence his lack of postseason success.
This is the truth. Preach on 400.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,025

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
My dad would sometimes be hard on me even though I did nothing really wrong. I would be set to have a fun weekend, and he would say something like you don't help you mom enough, all you do is the minimum. You do your chores as fast as you can then want to run and play. Life isn't all play and a real man finds more work to do, he just doesn't do the minimum to get by.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #17
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Karma? That makes no sense. They don't go out and deliberately injure other players.

It's just bad luck. Teams that go make it to the playoffs and beyond are not always necessarily the best but the healthiest. The Chargers have dealt with some bad injures over the past few years in stretches but 2007 came all at once for the most important game of the year.

For all you still slurping over Marty, he wouldn't have won anything in 2007 either with those injuries. I even doubt he would have gotten to that game.

Look at what injuries to the o-line and QB did to the Seahawks last year and it's happening to them again this year. I think the Seahawks are a very good team when healthy.

Merriman, Roids

Rivers, Douchey

LT, Pandis

Karma = the sum of the equations you act out in life.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #18
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

LT is over.

If anything they should be b****ing about not throwing the ball to Gates on third down.
85 is there best player.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,358
Default

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...8&postcount=11
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
Williams
Pro Bowler
 
Williams's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If they let Marty stick around..i bet they would have won a SB by now!
The Chargers would have been and probably would still be scary good with Brees, Michael Turner, and Marty coaching.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams View Post
The Chargers would have been and probably would still be scary good with Brees, Michael Turner, and Marty coaching.
I love uninformed comments like this.

Marty was great in his role a head coach overseeing the team but he was not involved in calling plays at all.

Can anyone tell me who the OC and DC would have been here if they kept Marty? I bet no one can.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,869

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I love uninformed comments like this.

Marty was great in his role a head coach overseeing the team but he was not involved in calling plays at all.

Can anyone tell me who the OC and DC would have been here if they kept Marty? I bet no one can.
I can, his kids.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #23
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I can, his kids.
Not quite, but you're getting warm.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,869

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Not quite, but you're getting warm.
I thought one of his sons was going to be the OC, or maybe the DC and Smith was like "no."
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #25
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Karma? That makes no sense. They don't go out and deliberately injure other players.

It's just bad luck. Teams that go make it to the playoffs and beyond are not always necessarily the best but the healthiest. The Chargers have dealt with some bad injures over the past few years in stretches but 2007 came all at once for the most important game of the year.

For all you still slurping over Marty, he wouldn't have won anything in 2007 either with those injuries. I even doubt he would have gotten to that game.

Look at what injuries to the o-line and QB did to the Seahawks last year and it's happening to them again this year. I think the Seahawks are a very good team when healthy.
Marty ran a tough camp and when you practice in pads and put a focus on conditioning you are injured less often. Look how often you guys have been banged up since you went to a soft coach. Trust us, we know.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Denver Broncos