The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default How many wins will the Chargers have on the season?

2-3 so far. Looking ahead, I think they can beat KC, oak, KC again, CLE, TEN, and WAS - best case. I don't see any way they can beat NYG, PHI, DEN, DAL or CIN. That puts SD at 8 wins at best.

Worst case, they lose in KC next week, home vs oak the following week, and don't get another win until Nov 29 at home vs KC. They should beat CLE and WAS, putting them @ 5 wins.

I think alot depends on how they do next week - rivalry game in KC. If they can bounce back, they may continue to be a thorn in our sides and make the AFCW race at least competitive. If they lose, it's over and the Chargers will officially join KC in perpetual rebuild, hoping to be competitive in a couple of years.

14-Sep SD 24 @ oak 20
20-Sep BAL 31 @ SD 26
27-Sep MIA 13 @ SD 23
4-Oct SD 28 @ PIT 38
19-Oct DEN 34 @ SD 23

25-Oct SD @ KC
1-Nov oak @ SD
8-Nov SD @ NYG
15-Nov PHI @ SD
22-Nov SD @ DEN
29-Nov KC @ SD
6-Dec SD @ CLE
13-Dec SD @ DAL
20-Dec CIN @ SD
25-Dec SD @ TEN
3-Jan WAS @ SD
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

9-7
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I think alot depends on how they do next week - rivalry game in KC. If they can bounce back, they may continue to be a thorn in our sides and make the AFCW race at least competitive. If they lose, it's over and the Chargers will officially join KC in perpetual rebuild, hoping to be competitive in a couple of years.
I hate to burst your bubble but this team is not going to go into rebuild mode like the Chiefs.

While I think the media tends to overhype the talent a bit, there is still a lot of talent here. Norv is just not using the talent properly.

It's all kind of up in the air right now on who won't be here next year because of the CBA. If there's no CBA, they're set because they won't lose (McNeill, Jackson, Merriman, Sproles.)

If there is a new CBA, they're going to extend Jackson and most likely McNeill (I think this happens CBA or no CBA). Sproles is kind of a question mark depending on his price but I think he'll want to test the FA market. I think Merriman is as good as gone. Maybe they'll tag/trade him or just let him walk.

They have young players who can step in for some players who won't be back: Floyd/Naanee for Chambers, English for Merriman. Cason for Cromartie, though I believe Cromartie has one more year left.

I can see them drafting a RB next season, even if LT is around for one more year. The problem spots will be DT/NT and OL so they'll have to find answers in FA or the draft. AJ Smith might actually need to be active in FA this coming off season.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I think the win total really depends on how the sparklers react to this loss. Seeing L.T. stomping up and down the sideline yesterday has to be concerning. If this team pulls together, I think 9-7 is about right. I think they could, however, completely implode just as easily.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
BuckinKaeding
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
No-Yards Morano

Between 7 and 9 I am guessing.
BuckinKaeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I think they should just lose to improve their draft positioning.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
SouthCarolinaBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Dixieland Denver Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josh McDaniels

I think 8-8 is the likely outcome.
SouthCarolinaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

9-7

I'll hope for a WC because I think Norv gets the axe even if that happens.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
dextermilo
Word

Rational cynic.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but this team is not going to go into rebuild mode like the Chiefs.

While I think the media tends to overhype the talent a bit, there is still a lot of talent here. Norv is just not using the talent properly.

It's all kind of up in the air right now on who won't be here next year because of the CBA. If there's no CBA, they're set because they won't lose (McNeill, Jackson, Merriman, Sproles.)

If there is a new CBA, they're going to extend Jackson and most likely McNeill (I think this happens CBA or no CBA). Sproles is kind of a question mark depending on his price but I think he'll want to test the FA market. I think Merriman is as good as gone. Maybe they'll tag/trade him or just let him walk.

They have young players who can step in for some players who won't be back: Floyd/Naanee for Chambers, English for Merriman. Cason for Cromartie, though I believe Cromartie has one more year left.

I can see them drafting a RB next season, even if LT is around for one more year. The problem spots will be DT/NT and OL so they'll have to find answers in FA or the draft. AJ Smith might actually need to be active in FA this coming off season.
Agreed. They are similar to where the Broncos were last year (but better). A solid coaching and culture change would probably help them a lot, or it might backfire, who knows. Watching them this season, has been painful, so glad I am not a fan. At times the play calling seems to actively work against the talent on the field.

In my opinion they are better off if they don't rally late this year. I think it is pretty obvious that the Bolts have some fundamental weaknesses (again like the Broncos last year) that need to be fixed. If they do well enough to keep throwing band-aids at it they will continue to under-achieve.
dextermilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

9-7
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They will get 5 wins.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
2-3 so far. Looking ahead, I think they can beat KC, oak, KC again, CLE, TEN, and WAS - best case. I don't see any way they can beat NYG, PHI, DEN, DAL or CIN. That puts SD at 8 wins at best.

Worst case, they lose in KC next week, home vs oak the following week, and don't get another win until Nov 29 at home vs KC. They should beat CLE and WAS, putting them @ 5 wins.

14-Sep SD 24 @ oak 20
20-Sep BAL 31 @ SD 26
27-Sep MIA 13 @ SD 23
4-Oct SD 28 @ PIT 38
19-Oct DEN 34 @ SD 23

25-Oct SD @ KC win
1-Nov oak @ SD win
8-Nov SD @ NYG loss
15-Nov PHI @ SD win
22-Nov SD @ DEN win (I called a split series and I'm sticking with it)
29-Nov KC @ SD win
6-Dec SD @ CLE win
13-Dec SD @ DAL should win
20-Dec CIN @ SD loss?
25-Dec SD @ TEN win
3-Jan WAS @ SD win
In reality, SD can get to the playoffs if they want too...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

They barely beat the raiders.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I don't care how many wins they get - I just want them to miss the playoffs (wildcard).

I hate playing a divisional team 3 games in a season, it's a b**** trying to get 3 wins, especially when the last one is for all the marbles.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote