The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Comparisons and Contradictions..and an Irony!

Anybody else notice a glaring difference between our team (Especially the Defense) and the Chargers? Our guys play hard, make a great play and might give each other a high 5 or a chest bump..but they keep it between themselves. Great play is expected by the coaching staff and their teammates. Another day at the office!

Almost in direct opposition to the 6-0 Broncos are the pathetic 2-3 Chargers. Notice how many plays where a Chargers did something as simple as defend a pass overthrown anyway..all the grandstanding and chest pumping that was going on? I was told in Pop Warner when I did an endzone dance for scoring a touchdown "Act like I've been there before!". The Chargers were acting like it was something special to actually make a tackle or catch a pass!

The most glaring contradiction in styles was made evvident when Royal ran his SECOND kick back for a touchdown and knelt at the back of the endzone on one knee said a silent prayer and did SOME celebrating with his teammates..classy!

Here's the Ironic part- I had been listening to all the Chargers fans talking smack at the start of the game saying.."Sproles is gonna burn our Special Teams Blah blah Blah..and when Royal did his first retrun for a TD I was saying to all of them "Darren Who? Darren Who?" Same thing when Royal got his second! "Darren Who?" Did anybody else notice what Sproles did when he scored? He was standing in the Endzone pointing to the name on the back of his jersey like 6 times! LMAO!!!! I guess he heard me!! The point is Royal an example of classy team play, Sproles and every other Charger player examples of "look at me" grandstanding and showboating just for doing what they get paid millions for! No wonder we are 6-0 and well...they aren't!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

they are also feeding off the crowd and giving them a show. It is Merriman's act that happens in other teams stadiums.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Eddie is a great person and football player. we are lucky to have him on our team.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

This is a very disiplined Broncos team and it starts with the coaches and the team captains/leaders.

Sandy Eggo is on life support and their players are showboating to compensate for their inability to dominate the Broncos.

Kiss Norv Turner goodbye. It was great while it lasted but his time is up.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Eddie is a great person and football player. we are lucky to have him on our team.

Just like the last EDDIE, this one's a KEEPER.

EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Props to Eddie McCaff-Royal!!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

They had Norv just long enough to safely guide the Chargers through their widow of opportunity without a significant playoff win.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
Ray_Lewis'_Victim
Corpse

Sheff did his through the legs dance after his big gain, but he earned it.
Ray_Lewis'_Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Scheffler and some Charger player were getting into it right after Orton did the first kneel down, and Orton and other players got a hold of him to settle him down and then Scheffler was replaced to cool off on the sideline before Orton performed the last kneel down to finish the game. I think this team has quite a few leaders.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I think the best example is Elvis Dumervil, when he stripped the ball from Rivers and in the process took sole possession of the sack lead, he stood up, stretched his arms out in victory and then went to the sideline. No crazy electrecution dance, no yelling and jumping, but I guess he has actually been there before and will probably be there again (and of course he got there again a bit later).

Mcdaniels has done a great job of getting this team to focus more on the next play than the previous play.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I think the best example is Elvis Dumervil, when he stripped the ball from Rivers and in the process took sole possession of the sack lead, he stood up, stretched his arms out in victory and then went to the sideline. No crazy electrecution dance, no yelling and jumping, but I guess he has actually been there before and will probably be there again (and of course he got there again a bit later).

Mcdaniels has done a great job of getting this team to focus more on the next play than the previous play.
Like I said they Congrats each other for team encouragement, but not ridiculous Crap like Crymartie doing a 30 scond look at me session for tippind a pass away. I'm mean please! Wow you did your job! Got for you! Would you ever see Champ do that? especiaqlly on First down when Cry-Martie had just got beat to get us the first down? Think not!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Latest Merriman excuse for choking out Tila...was just practicing my "Lights Out" Dance!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Scheffler and some Charger player were getting into it right after Orton did the first kneel down, and Orton and other players got a hold of him to settle him down and then Scheffler was replaced to cool off on the sideline before Orton performed the last kneel down to finish the game. I think this team has quite a few leaders.
It was Shawn Phillips that was jawing withhim.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote