The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Rick Reily's Mea Culpa

The one Email that wasn't insulting
LAST UPDATED 10.16.09

Hey Rick, Looks like the Titans will be 0-7 since disrespecting the Terrible Towel. Never under estimate the power of the towel. --Mike (Pittsburgh)

That's nothing. The Denver Broncos are 5-0 since I disrespected them. They're 5-0 since I said Josh McDaniels made one of the worst trades in NFL history. They're 5-0 since I called McDaniels "Boy Blunder."

I still think the trade was lousy. Chicago -- with the Broncos' ex-QB, Jay Cutler -- is seventh in scoring. The Broncos are 22nd. But Kyle Orton has been far better than I thought he'd be. He's been smart, calm and judicious with the football (7 TDs, 1 INT).

What I didn't know is that McDaniels and new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan had put together a nasty, miserly, veteran-led defense that is absolutely hell to run against and nearly as hard to pass against. Denver is not just No. 1 in the NFL in fewest points given up, they are No. 1 by nearly six points per game! Do you realize they're on pace to become just the fifth NFL team in history to give up less than 10 points per game?

I was wrong. The kid can coach. He's been nothing short of a 5-8 coaching Godzilla. The Broncos have won three of their five by coming from behind in the second half. That's just pure coaching.

As penance, I will wear those horrible striped socks the rest of the season.

OK, that was a joke.

Really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish

Clayton any time soon?
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
The one Email that wasn't insulting
LAST UPDATED 10.16.09

Hey Rick, Looks like the Titans will be 0-7 since disrespecting the Terrible Towel. Never under estimate the power of the towel. --Mike (Pittsburgh)

That's nothing. The Denver Broncos are 5-0 since I disrespected them. They're 5-0 since I said Josh McDaniels made one of the worst trades in NFL history. They're 5-0 since I called McDaniels "Boy Blunder."

I still think the trade was lousy. Chicago -- with the Broncos' ex-QB, Jay Cutler -- is seventh in scoring. The Broncos are 22nd. But Kyle Orton has been far better than I thought he'd be. He's been smart, calm and judicious with the football (7 TDs, 1 INT).

What I didn't know is that McDaniels and new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan had put together a nasty, miserly, veteran-led defense that is absolutely hell to run against and nearly as hard to pass against. Denver is not just No. 1 in the NFL in fewest points given up, they are No. 1 by nearly six points per game! Do you realize they're on pace to become just the fifth NFL team in history to give up less than 10 points per game?

I was wrong. The kid can coach. He's been nothing short of a 5-8 coaching Godzilla. The Broncos have won three of their five by coming from behind in the second half. That's just pure coaching.

As penance, I will wear those horrible striped socks the rest of the season.

OK, that was a joke.

Really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish

Clayton any time soon?
Clayton said on the radio yesterday that he gets 'nasty emails from Denver everyday'. I think he hates our fans.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
Clayton said on the radio yesterday that he gets 'nasty emails from Denver everyday'. I think he hates our fans.
it's mutual, cryptkeeper!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
Good I hate Kazoo

He's a Steeler fan at heart, which is cool, but it blinds him at times.

HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
bombay
Ring of Famer

Ead **** rick reilly.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote