The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default The Horseshoe Continues to Roll

Excerpt from an article on Cold Hard Football Facts

Trolling the Broncos fan boards over the past couple weeks, it's become apparent that there's a lot of Denver fans who still aren't hanging the Horseshoe over the front door. We don't get it.

These Broncos fans must remove their head from their rectum, because Kyle Orton continues to win games and continues to make life hard for his (shrinking) legions of critics.

Sure, Denver's defense swarmed all over San Diego’s Philip Rivers Monday night. He suffered five sacks and played well despite the pressure.

But this is a bottom line league. And once again, the Horseshoe outdueled a more highly touted quarterback.
•Rivers: 20 of 33 (60.6%), 274 yards, 8.3 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INT, 97.3 rating
•Orton: 20 of 29 (69.0%), 229 yards, 7.9 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT, 115.4 rating
Orton, the quarterback nobody wanted, is eighth in the NFL now with a 100.1 passer rating. That's better than Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Kurt Warner and Matt Hasselbeck. And all those guys have played in Super Bowls. It's also better than sophomore phenoms Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

More importantly, the Horseshoe leads the NFL in TD to INT ratio (9 to 1).

He’s producing on offense while minimizing mistakes – and those quarterbacks who do both win games. Just ask Brady: he’s the winningest quarterback since Otto Graham, and he holds the all-time NFL record for TD-INT ratio (an amazing 2.4 TDs for every 1 INT).

Despite the success, we've found a legion of Broncos fans out there who still believe that the team would be in its same position – unbeaten and perhaps the class of the AFC – six weeks into the season with last year's starter, Jay Cutler, at quarterback.

But here’s how Orton sizes up this year against the player that many Broncos fans still covet:
•Orton: 124 of 194 (63.9%), 1,465 yards, 7.6 YPA, 9 TD 1 INT, 100.1 rating
•Cutler: 110 of 172 (64.0%), 1,201 yards, 7.0 YPA, 10 TD, 7 INT, 86.9 rating
We can tell you in no uncertain terms that the Broncos would not be undefeated with a quarterback who’s thrown seven picks this year.

Each pick reduces your chances of winning by 20 percentage points and that extra pick in every game would have definitely cost Denver the Cincinnati and New England games, and quite possibly the Dallas game.

Now, we’re not saying that Cutler, behind the wheel of the Denver offense, would have thrown seven picks like he has in Chicago. It’s all hypothetical here.

But it’s also very reasonable to expect that Cutler would have thrown a lot more than Orton's one pick – and it’s reasonable to assume that a single extra pick in any of these three close games would have cost Denver victory in all three.

Bottom line: Quarterbacks with high passer ratings and who make few mistakes win games. The Horseshoe is Denver's quarterback. Denver has yet to lose a game. So you do the math.

For the record, the Horseshoe is now 27-12 as an NFL starter.

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Art...s_Mini-Me.html
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Excerpt from an article on Cold Hard Football Facts

Trolling the Broncos fan boards over the past couple weeks, it's become apparent that there's a lot of Denver fans who still aren't hanging the Horseshoe over the front door. We don't get it.

These Broncos fans must remove their head from their rectum, because Kyle Orton continues to win games and continues to make life hard for his (shrinking) legions of critics.

Sure, Denver's defense swarmed all over San Diego’s Philip Rivers Monday night. He suffered five sacks and played well despite the pressure.

But this is a bottom line league. And once again, the Horseshoe outdueled a more highly touted quarterback.
•Rivers: 20 of 33 (60.6%), 274 yards, 8.3 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INT, 97.3 rating
•Orton: 20 of 29 (69.0%), 229 yards, 7.9 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT, 115.4 rating
Orton, the quarterback nobody wanted, is eighth in the NFL now with a 100.1 passer rating. That's better than Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Kurt Warner and Matt Hasselbeck. And all those guys have played in Super Bowls. It's also better than sophomore phenoms Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

More importantly, the Horseshoe leads the NFL in TD to INT ratio (9 to 1).

He’s producing on offense while minimizing mistakes – and those quarterbacks who do both win games. Just ask Brady: he’s the winningest quarterback since Otto Graham, and he holds the all-time NFL record for TD-INT ratio (an amazing 2.4 TDs for every 1 INT).

Despite the success, we've found a legion of Broncos fans out there who still believe that the team would be in its same position – unbeaten and perhaps the class of the AFC – six weeks into the season with last year's starter, Jay Cutler, at quarterback.

But here’s how Orton sizes up this year against the player that many Broncos fans still covet:
•Orton: 124 of 194 (63.9%), 1,465 yards, 7.6 YPA, 9 TD 1 INT, 100.1 rating
•Cutler: 110 of 172 (64.0%), 1,201 yards, 7.0 YPA, 10 TD, 7 INT, 86.9 rating
We can tell you in no uncertain terms that the Broncos would not be undefeated with a quarterback who’s thrown seven picks this year.

Each pick reduces your chances of winning by 20 percentage points and that extra pick in every game would have definitely cost Denver the Cincinnati and New England games, and quite possibly the Dallas game.

Now, we’re not saying that Cutler, behind the wheel of the Denver offense, would have thrown seven picks like he has in Chicago. It’s all hypothetical here.

But it’s also very reasonable to expect that Cutler would have thrown a lot more than Orton's one pick – and it’s reasonable to assume that a single extra pick in any of these three close games would have cost Denver victory in all three.

Bottom line: Quarterbacks with high passer ratings and who make few mistakes win games. The Horseshoe is Denver's quarterback. Denver has yet to lose a game. So you do the math.

For the record, the Horseshoe is now 27-12 as an NFL starter.

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Art...s_Mini-Me.html
great read. thanks.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I haven't heard any "yeah, but if we still had Cutler..." arguments since last night. Its a breath of fresh air. Who gives a rats ass if we still had Cutler, we're 6-0 with Orton and our picks. The bears are 3-2... Let it be. We will never have Cutler here.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Very good point in that there is no doubt Cutler and his gunslinger mentality would have thrown a pick here or there and while we may be more sexy in the eyes of the media and the so-called "experts", I have no doubt we would be (5-1), maybe (4-2) and possibly (3-3).

Hell, really Orton has thrown 0 ints as the hail-mary before the half against Denver-east had no impact on the outcome of the game.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
I haven't heard any "yeah, but if we still had Cutler..." arguments since last night. Its a breath of fresh air. Who gives a rats ass if we still had Cutler, we're 6-0 with Orton and our picks. The bears are 3-2... Let it be. We will never have Cutler here.
Here one of the remaining nutswingers/nutcases.

colonelbeef
TEAM SCHMEAM. WINS-PERIOD

^^Yes, that is Nancy Reagan
Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team is winning because of Mike Nolan and the defense, with the offensive line being a close 2nd. The Broncos would be winning with Jay Cutler @ QB. This defense would win with probably 25 Qbs from around the league
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Orton is better than Jay Cutler. Anyone who would argue differently is a moron.

Orton knows what it takes to win, he has said it numerous times. Mistake free football always gives you a chance to win.

People compare Cutler to Farve all the time, but when Farve was winning MVP awards, he was making less mistakes as he was controlled by Holmgren.

Until Cutler learns to managa a game and limit mistakes he should not even be considered a good qb.

A great athlete maybe, but not a great qb.

However, I will say this, if Cutler does learn the simple rules of how to do his job(maybe we can send him film of ORton) he will be dominant.

Something tells me he will turn it around and have a great career.

but as of right now, ORton is the superior qb, no questions asked.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

But, but.....yards mean more right? THAT's the true test of how your team moves the ball, and how effective an offense they are right?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Why did they refer to Kyle as the "Horseshoe"?

Serious question... playing off his lack of respect? Claiming good luck charm? Some other thing I'm blatantly not getting?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I'm sold. I don't even put QB on my draft wish list for next year (well, maybe a late round pick to compete in camp). If it was up to me, our first three picks next year would be Terrence Cody(DT), Mike Iupati (LG) and Matt Tennant (C). We're set at QB.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm sold. I don't even put QB on my draft wish list for next year (well, maybe a late round pick to compete in camp). If it was up to me, our first three picks next year would be Terrence Cody(DT), Mike Iupati (LG) and Matt Tennant (C). We're set at QB.
If Spikes slips out of the top 10, throw everything necessary to get him.

Elvis, DJ, Spikes and Ayers... set with the best LB'er corps in the NFL for a decade.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Serious question... playing off his lack of respect? Claiming good luck charm? Some other thing I'm blatantly not getting?
Come on dude... Don't be stupid.

"Horsehoe"... Duh
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:

I think they said a couple week ago that he must have a lucky horseshoe stuck up his a**
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Actually I have no idea why...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Come on dude... Don't be stupid.

"Horsehoe"... Duh
Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

No, its a reference to earlier in the year when a fan wrote in and called Orton the luckiest QB alive so since then they have called him The Horseshoe.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'll admit to needing a large service of crow over the Cutler/Orton trade. Orton has won me over for playing smart

Cutler's top 3 Strengths:

1.) Arm
2.) Mobility
3.)

Orton's top 3 Strengths:

1.) Brain
2.) Leadership
4.) Heart/Determination

Both are incomplete when compared to the elites, but Orton is the clearly superior QB.

At first I thought Orton was lucky, but it's becoming apparent that he makes his own luck.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #17
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
Orton is better than Jay Cutler. Anyone who would argue differently is a moron.
QB = talent + experience + leadership + intangibles

talent: Cutler > Orton
experience: Orton = Cutler
leadership: Orton > Cutler
intangibles: Orton >> Cutler

so Orton > Cutler.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

How far can we seriously take this? I sure as hell hope our first loss isnt to pittsburgh. livin in ohio, I would never hear the end of it.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

Im on the same page.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
QB = talent + experience + leadership + intangibles

talent: Cutler > Orton
experience: Orton = Cutler
leadership: Orton > Cutler
intangibles: Orton >> Cutler

so Orton > Cutler.
Intangibles but more specific

whinning: Cutler > Orton
Cryin: Cutler > Orton
Calling out teamates: Cutler > Orton
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

http://mike100915.files.wordpress.co...tonmontage.jpg

thats my boy!!!
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
We've had two consecutive weeks of Kyle playing at VERY high level, so at the moment, no one is to be missed whatsoever. Looking forward to him continuing this roll and more steps forward in his career as a bronco.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Cutler led the league in shrugs
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I think a Bears vs Broncos superbowl is decently realistic and would be AMAZING drama. Especially if we pick Cut 5 times...
Old 10-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #25
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
I think a Bears vs Broncos superbowl is decently realistic and would be AMAZING drama. Especially if we pick Cut 5 times...
As if Mr Choke Job could make it to and through the playoffs. What a ****ing joke.

On the NFC side of the ball, I would venture to predict the initials of the QB going to the SB would be either BF, or DB.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote