The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Absurdly premature playoff picture

I know this is an absurdly premature playoff picture, but here's how I see the AFC playoffs shaking out:

Broncos
Colts
Pats
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers

The Broncos and Colts earn 1st round byes and the winner of their game in December determines homefield throughout.

The AFC North is going to be a dogfight, and I think 3 teams are going to come out of that division. The only other possible wildcard contenders I can think of in the AFC are the Phins and Texans, and I don't think any of them are as good as the top 3 teams in the AFC North.

If I were to do a bracket right now, I would say Broncos and Colts get 1st round byes, and the Pats and Ravens come out of the wildcard round. Divisional round is Colts vs. Pats and Broncos vs. Ravens, with Broncos and Colts ending up playing in the AFCC game, and the winner of that game is the homefield team (making Week 13 incredibly important).

This is pretty optomistic, but I thought I was being optomistic thinking they would be 4-2 at this point. Who would have thought they would be one of the best teams in the NFL by now? Incredible!
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

not sure what its gonna be, but I like that one, because it would mean we would have played every one of those teams in the regular season. So you could say we are "tested". And we are good at making adjustments if we lose to Steelers, Ravens, or colts.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Surprisingly, Jacksonville holds the 6th playoffs spot right now.

I agree though as of right now Denver/Indy look like locks. I think Pittsburgh is gonna come on in light of Cincy's injuries to take the North. Patriots will assume command of the East.

Final spots come down to Baltimore, Cincy, SD, Miami, Jacksonville, and Houston.

Tie breakers will be huge. Baltimore has already beaten SD. Houston has the leg up on Cincy with their most recent win, SD has a win over Miami, and Jacksonville owns the head to head with Houston with one more game to go.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Please kill this thread. Very bad mojo.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

Colts get tie-breaker and homefield because they have a Manning.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote