The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default 2nd half adjustments

only 10 2nd half points allowed so far this year. that's good halftime coaching.

points allowed to opponents in 2009
Code:
    1st half 2nd half
CIN    0        7
OAK    6        0
CLE    3        0
DAL   10        0
NE    17        0
SD    20        3
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
SouthCarolinaBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Dixieland Denver Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josh McDaniels

Opponent second half third down conversions: 2 for 33. That is unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.

The key tonight from an X's and O's perspective was the change-up in the blitzing to delayed blitzes from conventional blitzes and double A-gap blitzes from corner blitzes.
SouthCarolinaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaBronco View Post
Opponent second half third down conversions: 2 for 33. That is unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable.

The key tonight from an X's and O's perspective was the change-up in the blitzing to delayed blitzes from conventional blitzes and double A-gap blitzes from corner blitzes.
Didn't SD convert one 3rd down conversion? That is total dominance folks, and really the most impressive statistic next to 6-0!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Didn't SD convert one 3rd down conversion? That is total dominance folks, and really the most impressive statistic next to 6-0!
as impressive as that is, the total points allowed in the 2nd half is even more impressive. we went into halftime down 20-17 and all i could think was, well this game is over, because our defense isn't going to give them a damn thing the rest of the game.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
(It came from the PI penalty on Andre Goodman.)
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

What's funny is that in reality, teams have very little time to "adjust" or make changes during halftime. They have around 12 minutes. Enough time to take a piss, get a drink, and listen to a few minutes of wisdom about what to expect on the second half. I think they adjust throughout the game. And I think it's some very fast thinking and planning on Nolan's part.

Also, I think our D is rather furious this year. Pursuit, hitting, and just plain tenacity, they wear on teams. By the third and fourth quarter, we are wearing the hell out of teams.

I like it.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I told Oskie that I would take down by three at the half on the road against the Chargers - especially for our team seems to play in the second half.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
KevinJames
DT

I don't know what it is but we seem to play like we drank some of that stuff that Michael Jordan gives the loony tunes at halftime in the movie space jam
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I shoulda bet
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

All I know is there is some quality coaching going on in Denver. I can't even dream up the stuff that MCD and Nolan have done. I love the super conservative first halfs and make adjustments and win the ball game attitudes that is in the mile high city now. It is clear to me now why Bowlen is a multimillionaire and most bronco fans don't have any clout on ripping on the guy.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I shoulda bet
yessir you shouldve. even though i make it a point to never bet with my heart, this was one of the VERY few instances that i went for it (other being the Den v NE playoff game).. 1K richer this afternoon and knew it all along!
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I just heard on the radio that Orton had a 143 passing rating in the 2nd half tonight. Not verified, but probably true because I think he was 11-14 and had 2 td's and obviously no int.'s.

If you don't appreciate this guy by now, I don't know what to tell you, because the guy is money. I like him and I'm glad he's our QB.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What makes this so sweet, is that the coaches have the confidence in the players executing their assignments every play. They do not have to back off fearing that someone will screw up and cause a big play. In fact, down the stretch, they kept bringing it and wound up getting Rivers for a career high 5 sacks! They kept bringing it after the PI call that set them up in great position to take the lead. They kept on trusting the players even when things were not perfect or seemingly going their way.

That trust let the players have confidence that they WOULD stop them and make them pay while doing it. The defense just seems to get better as the game goes on. It's just awesome!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Denver would be like 12-0 so far with Cutler & Shanahan.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #15
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Would you have Shanahan at OT or Safety?
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #16
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
What makes this so sweet, is that the coaches have the confidence in the players executing their assignments every play. They do not have to back off fearing that someone will screw up and cause a big play. In fact, down the stretch, they kept bringing it and wound up getting Rivers for a career high 5 sacks! They kept bringing it after the PI call that set them up in great position to take the lead. They kept on trusting the players even when things were not perfect or seemingly going their way.

That trust let the players have confidence that they WOULD stop them and make them pay while doing it. The defense just seems to get better as the game goes on. It's just awesome!
I don't need to tell you Med but I'll say it anyway the coaching this year is the best in 10 years plus in the city of Denver. MCD is the real deal and you called it.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #17
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Trust, that's a great way to put it. The proof is the fact that Nolan kept blitzing and putting the pressure on rivers on that final drive when most DC's would go into a passive mode, or prevent, just to make them take time off the clock.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

This team adjust just like Pete Carroll's SC team. I have watched that team now for almost the whole decade and I am amazed what a coaching staff can do in 15 to 20 minutes. This team is just plain awesome. That critique for the whole week and then when they need to tweek it, they do it in 15 minutes at halftime. AMAZING!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #19
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Is it just adjustments, tho?

I think this team is simply better conditioned and better prepared than every opponent they've faced. They run them down. The beat on them. They wear them down. There is a reason Dumervil is so effective in the 4th quarter...

Hell 5 of 6 opponents have simply lost the will to compete in the fourth quarter. This team just physically pounds them into submission. Sure they adjust at half time, but I think ultimately they have been physically dominating teams (with the exception of the Patriots who competed the entire 60 minutes). That's really cool. It's nice to see the hard-nosed approach McDaniels employed during training camp really paying off now.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:28 AM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
dont worry. Jason whitlock says we have blown our chances to make the superbowl without Cutler. Plus, 15-0.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Is it just adjustments, tho?

I think this team is simply better conditioned and better prepared than every opponent they've faced. They run them down. The beat on them. They wear them down. There is a reason Dumervil is so effective in the 4th quarter...

Hell 5 of 6 opponents have simply lost the will to compete in the fourth quarter. This team just physically pounds them into submission. Sure they adjust at half time, but I think ultimately they have been physically dominating teams (with the exception of the Patriots who competed the entire 60 minutes). That's really cool. It's nice to see the hard-nosed approach McDaniels employed during training camp really paying off now.
u cant say the will to win in the 4th Q when only the Raiders and Browns game started to get out of hand. This team knows what to do differently when they step on the field in the 3rd quarter. Not just on Defense but offense. Orton has the best QB rating of all QBs in the 4th quarter. Brady, Brees, Mannings and all dont touch Orton in that respect.