The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line
Default Monday Night Football: Broncos vs. Chargers Football Predictions

http://jacksonville.com/interact/blog/jockson/2009-10-19/monday_night_football_broncos_vs_chargers_%E2%80%9 3_football_predictions

Quote:
On one side of the field, an AFC West team that has surprised many with its .500 start and defensive struggles, desperately seeking to generate something positive out of its second divisional game of the year. And then on the other, an opponent that has already established dominance in the West with wins at home and abroad and looks to this game as a chance to prove to a national TV audience that they are indeed for real.

It all sounds about right; only thing is that somebody forgot to let the Broncos in on the plan.

In a complete role reversal, Denver has busted out of the gate this season with a 5-0 SU/ATS start. Critics shot holes in the record at 3-0, citing the win at Cincinnati as fluke and the triumphs over Cleveland and Oakland as compulsory. But come from behind victories the past two weeks against Dallas and a New England silenced most detractors. The Patriots response to that overtime loss in Denver a 59-0 blowout vs. Tennessee on Sunday quieted the rest....

...NFL Picks: The Broncos season has been very impressive, but I lean to the Chargers laying -3 (buy the hook), as they get the job done at home on Monday night football.
Nice to see a little respect for us, but they still can't seem to actually think we will win a game. Keep giving Dawkins locker room material guys, I like seeing a pissed off D.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-broncos-chargers-preview-101409,0,2575675.story

Quote:
The Broncos don't need petty motivations like 'respect' when gearing up for a game like this, and it shows. It'll also show when they win Monday night, and move to 6-0 on the season.

Here's how they'll do it:

Offensively, the Broncos will use the Chargers' exceptional pass rush and stout corners against them. They'll run their wide outs downfield, and work the slot relentlessly. They'll run up inside, where the Chargers are sorely missing Jamal Williams. They'll control the ball, and score three touchdowns in a game for the first time this season.

Defensively, they'll have their hands full with quarterback Phillip Rivers, but I believe they'll be able to stop the run from a base defense, allowing for better safety help in the passing game. I expect Rivers to hit a home run or two, but he won't be able to sustain anything.
Little love here, but he is a local reporter whadda ya expect?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We take them down Denver 34 CHARGES 17
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

On a side note, I am actually glad to see LT back in. I am far more worried about Sproles despite our fast LB corp. I think that Sproles will still see quiet a bit of time, and will have more all purpose yards than LT.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

OurSpeed at LB and the swarming scheme will negate Sproles.
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i am waiting for Dawkins to tear someone's soul out with his intensity
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I've seen very few pundits picking Denver this week. Instead, most of them are picking the Chargers to "upset" Denver. Not surprised and they may very well be right. But how can it be an "upset" when the Bolts are favored in the first place?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #8
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Well, yeah. But it would be upsetting.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I've seen very few pundits picking Denver this week. Instead, most of them are picking the Chargers to "upset" Denver. Not surprised and they may very well be right. But how can it be an "upset" when the Bolts are favored in the first place?
Ya it is odd OD.. Im not sure why they are so skeptical of the team when all the stats fall on our side, and our recent success is available for all to see.

....oddly enough, I do think this game will be close, too close... in SD, MNF, a must win game for them..should be a dog fight.
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #10
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Ya it is odd OD.. Im not sure why they are so skeptical of the team when all the stats fall on our side, and our recent success is available for all to see.

....oddly enough, I do think this game will be close, too close... in SD, MNF, a must win game for them..should be a dog fight.
Continual ongoing media bias. I shoulda known better than to listen to these meatheads in the offseason. Thought I saw a disaster in the making, but it was just fear of change and guys with less success at predicting the future than the local weathermen.