The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
easymobee
mobile quarterback

22 for 218 : 5 TD's vs Chiefs

Default Not Ready for Primetime

Article written about our former douche of a QB after his latest National TV Fail.

Written by ESPN's Chicago correspondent. Points out the obvious problems the Bears face with OL, OC, RB, and ETC.

I think that the notion of Cutler plus 08 Bears equals 11 wins or better is starting to be realized as somewhat of a probable pipe dream. That team has a lot of problems and no decent draft picks for 2 years.

Keeping the CHI pick looks better every week. Also, i heard that the post game presser was another poutfest tonight, didn't see it with my own 2 though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/co...jon&id=4576048

One of the biggest shocks to me has been Matt Forte's ineffectiveness as many thought Cutlers arm would open up some lanes for him. I say there is plenty of room on the A-Train, Curtin Enis, and Rashaan Salaam scrapheap for him.

One of the least shocking things to me is this notion going on in July that Greg Olsen was gonna suddenly be a superstar based on Cutler arriving in Chicago being disproved to this point.

Last edited by easymobee; 10-18-2009 at 11:51 PM..
easymobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I dunno ... Atlanta is a damn good team, and that was a whisker-close loss tonight on the road.

That is a very negative Jay article though, I think the most negative one I've seen.

The bad running game is not his fault, but his recievers are better than we thought they'd be.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is shaping up to be kind of interesting where Chicago's running game is concerned. Its starting to be more and more reminiscent of the Dolphins of the late 90s where Jimmy Johnson would try to give Miami the necessary balance to compete but in the end, they always ran back to papa, which in their case, was the passing of Dan Marino.

Going forward, it will be interesting to see how the big picture issue of cultivating a running game interfaces with the more immediate need to win individual games.

Lovie (who lives 3 blocks from me) is still insisting theyre a running team though.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Jay Cutler didn't get stood up on the one yard line. He didn't have his best game out there, but he put his team in position to at least tie that game.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Sometimes it seems like Jay gets to a point where he simply does not care anymore about the game. That attitude rubs off on teammates. Also interesting to compare him to Ryan. Ryan has 21 career games but seems to be ahead of Jay developmentally.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
easymobee
mobile quarterback

I think we all figured that Forte was good for 1400 plus yards this year (given that he stayed healthy) plus 50 or more catches. The OLine is rather horrible though.

Ive been reading some Bears boards and i think that they are feeling somewhat snakebitten with RB's, considering their recent history. If there were more of a capable backup than Garrett Wolffe or "the other" Adrian Peterson (who is banged up) they'd be calling for it as a fanbase.

Maybe Chicago can focus on fixing their Oline in the offseason, since Knox, Hester, and Bennett seem like a servicable trio going forward.

Im kinda hoping for a TO trade myself, but for all the wrong reasons.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
I dunno ... Atlanta is a damn good team, and that was a whisker-close loss tonight on the road.

That is a very negative Jay article though, I think the most negative one I've seen.

The bad running game is not his fault, but his recievers are better than we thought they'd be.
Yeah but that is a suspected post from Jay's fluffer.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
easymobee
mobile quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Jay Cutler didn't get stood up on the one yard line. He didn't have his best game out there, but he put his team in position to at least tie that game.
He played well overall, but because of what has transpired he will be forced to wear every loss like he earned it himself.

The only one who will share a meaningful amount of the heat with him is Lovie Smith (maybe moreso).
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
Pat Bowlen
President/Chief Executive

Quote:
What?
Pat Bowlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

I do think Cutler makes WR better because they know he can throw ball at any angle to any spot on the field. Having a QB like that lifts the passing game, but also makes offense more inconsistent then a running, controlled passing team will be.

I just don't know what happened to the run game? Did they lose interior olineman because those guys playing like crap. Forte has no room to run really.

Bears are finding out there is no magic trade that turns you into a winner. Sure we won after trading for Elway, but it took a ton of hard work, blood, sweat and tears. Elway took a lot of heat in his career for being the golden boy who demanded a trade.

Cutler has to realize you often have to scratch and scrape to end up a winner in the NFL. Ask Marino, Kelly, Fouts how easy it is to be a champion. Ask George, Leaf, Marinovich about whether or not it's easy to blow a career.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 AM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Bears fans were kidding themselves if they though trading for a big armed QB was a ticket to the playoffs and beyond. If anything Cutler needs a team to show him how to win. It eludes him.

Makes you wonder if some of his personality is what kept the big name college teams from bringing him on board. Was he big out of HS? how did he end up at Vandy?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #12
dextermilo
Word

Rational cynic.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

Watching the game I thought that the Bears played pretty well but choked multiple times. Certainly seemed to be the more productive team on offense.
dextermilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #13
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
The two picks didn't help, one of them in the red zone (classic Jay) that actually DID take points off the board. Cutler thinks those throws through, Chicago wins going away.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #14
NYBronc
Ring of Famer

pka young wu

Quote:

Did you even read it? This is how Greenberg ends the article.

"Cutler is going to get his share of blame for this one, for his two picks, including that first-quarter one in the red zone, and deservedly so. But his failures in two Sunday night games can't be placed fully on his shoulders, without first assigning blame to a weak offensive line and a non-existent running game."
NYBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:16 AM   #15
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Passing judgment on Cutler based on the Bears 7 point LOSS to Atlanta is pretty lame.

Atlanta are a good team, the game was alive in the last drive, and Cutler didn't turn it over to finish the game, ... not really a big deal IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Cutler, but I'm not about to call him out after week 6.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #16
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

This wasn't a loss that could or should be put on Jay. Atlanta has a helluva defense.

Their defense won the game for them because they made plays to stop Chicago when they needed to. Simple as that.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He did turn the ball over in the red zone again, though.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #18
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

Quote:
You should see what's written on my bathroom wall.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #19
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easymobee View Post

Keeping the CHI pick looks better every week.
Their schedule is still freakishly easy... but yes a 2-3 V. 6-0 start is good for us.

Cutler struggleing doesn't surprise me. Significantly less talent at WR and Oline will do that, though that certainly doesn't excuse the red zone picks.

The part I'm trying to figure out is what the hell happened to Forte?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #20
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
...but yes a 2-3 V. 6-0 start is good for us.
Chi is 3-2.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #21
backup qb
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Bears fans were kidding themselves if they though trading for a big armed QB was a ticket to the playoffs and beyond. If anything Cutler needs a team to show him how to win. It eludes him.

Makes you wonder if some of his personality is what kept the big name college teams from bringing him on board. Was he big out of HS? how did he end up at Vandy?
Cutler was all but set to attend the Univ of Illinois under Ron Turner. Turner was miffed at Cutler because Jay had to play in a basketball tourney and couldn't make a visit(how dare he stay for his team). Turner then rescinded the offer or something to that effect. For those of us here in Illinois, we can only wonder how different things might have been. Turner gets us to a Rose Bowl and then wins 3 games a year until he's fired. Unfortunately, it looks like Zook is following suit.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #22
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

forte is on a HUGE decline, but the issue i have is this: kyle orton last year won with less talent basically everywhere and a comparable if not worse defense. why did he not get the credit then? yet now that cutler is there and they have better WR, similar oline and same RB (albeit on sophomore slump), its magically everyone elses fault when they lose?

the bears D this year is playing great, no question. after all the turnovers the entire bears team has had this year, to keep them in the game is great.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Chi is 3-2.
Damn... See this is what happens when you spend the offseason focused on a top 10 pick.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #24
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
forte is on a HUGE decline, but the issue i have is this: kyle orton last year won with less talent basically everywhere and a comparable if not worse defense. why did he not get the credit then? yet now that cutler is there and they have better WR, similar oline and same RB (albeit on sophomore slump), its magically everyone elses fault when they lose?

the bears D this year is playing great, no question. after all the turnovers the entire bears team has had this year, to keep them in the game is great.
I wonder why also. The only thing I can think up is that Cutler makes mediocrity look good, and the things Orton does to win are not obvious and dramatic enough for fans, although McDaniels saw it.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpac1001 View Post
I wonder why also. The only thing I can think up is that Cutler makes mediocrity look good, and the things Orton does to win are not obvious and dramatic enough for fans, although McDaniels saw it.
thats what im thinking. cutler is flashy and extends plays and makes huge bombs downfield, it all looks pretty...but orton just wins the games...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote