The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Hello Bronco Fans - Chicago (City not the team!)

I am going to Chicago tomorrow, need to find somewhere downtown to watch the game. Sure there are a million bars.

Any suggestions? Preferably near the Chicago Mart Plaza. And with character.

Any further advice on Chicago would be cool too.

Mods, this IS about the MNF game, please let it live for a wee bit.

Cheers in advance.

Here's a funny picture

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Hello? Surely someone!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

Sorry Rusty, the only thing I remember from the one trip I made to Chicago 4 years ago was this place Portillo's, http://www.portillos.com/portillos/look/ Hot Dogs were good, but the Italian Beef was my favorite. Don't know all their locations, I was outside of Chicago in a suburb. Will say this, they are agressive and insane drivers Be confident if you are driving or they will run you over. It's all I know. I could ask my friend Michael, but it'd be too late by the time I could get back to you. Sorry I couldn't be helpful.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Sorry Rusty, the only thing I remember from the one trip I made to Chicago 4 years ago was this place Portillo's, http://www.portillos.com/portillos/look/ Hot Dogs were good, but the Italian Beef was my favorite. Don't know all their locations, I was outside of Chicago in a suburb. Will say this, they are agressive and insane drivers Be confident if you are driving or they will run you over. It's all I know. I could ask my friend Michael, but it'd be too late by the time I could get back to you. Sorry I couldn't be helpful.
Cheers anyway darlin'!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Don't know Rusty
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Don't know Rusty
It's cool, it was a shot in the dark. Maybe someone later. Going with my lady, she has a Neuroscience conference. May end up watching with a football fan who is also gonna be there. He's a charger fan. BLuergh.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!
 
brncs_fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Coaches Cradle...Eastern Illinois University
Posts: 5,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo
Default

May want to send broncosteven a pm. He has a thread around here once about a bar in Chicago that is full of Broncos fans on gameday.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

hey I found this on the net, maybe it will help? : http://chicagobronconation.com/
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
May want to send broncosteven a pm. He has a thread around here once about a bar in Chicago that is full of Broncos fans on gameday.
Cool. Meant to start this thread on Friday but spaced it. I have until mid-afternoon Monday to get some answers!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

or this, but I think it's the same bar from the website above (which seems to be a bit dated other than the schedule for 2009)

http://www.transplantfans.com/Locations/Chicago.html
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #11
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
or this, but I think it's the same bar from the website above (which seems to be a bit dated other than the schedule for 2009)

http://www.transplantfans.com/Locations/Chicago.html
Cool site! Thanks!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Sounds like you're going to the Riverview Tavern!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Sounds like you're going to the Riverview Tavern!
4 miles from my hotel... I'll get lost!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

steven lives in chicago PM him.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Bars are kind of a dime a dozen where you are.

Last edited by lex; 10-18-2009 at 02:28 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Chicago mart plaza. Holiday Inn. Nothing fancy, CU is paying!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #17
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Chicago mart plaza. Holiday Inn. Nothing fancy, CU is paying!
Most of the better bar type places are further north from where youre at. There are places near you but locals clear out of The Loop area for the most part. Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview are where youd want to go to find something with character (not that there isnt anything down town but downtown typically caters to tourists). If you take the red line and get off at Addison (the Wrigley stop), there are a ton of bars near there. In Lincoln Park, you can find a few bars on Lincoln Ave. like Lionhead.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #18
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Most of the better bar type places are further north from where youre at. There are places near you but locals clear out of The Loop area for the most part. Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and Lakeview are where youd want to go to find something with character (not that there isnt anything down town but downtown typically caters to tourists). If you take the red line and get off at Addison (the Wrigley stop), there are a ton of bars near there. In Lincoln Park, you can find a few bars on Lincoln Ave. like Lionhead.
Wow, thanks lex.

Eating at Rick Bayless's restaurant on Tuesday. Good couple of nights hopefully!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #19
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #20
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

last hope bumpage
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
Kyle
Bigger Arm = Longer Pick
 
See: Favre and Cutler

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SE WI
Posts: 65

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orton
Default

Look up the Billy goat tavern there are A few of them they are fun
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #22
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Agree with lex on the bars: head north or wrigleyville. Otherwise I've not got much insider info. Buy a CTA day pass if you haven't already, big savings if you'll be going around town much. Wicker Park/Bucktown is worth going through if you like music stores, thrift shops, art galleries, that kinda thing.

And, obviously, some world class museums lake front if you're into those kind of nerdy things. The Art Institute is essential if you have any interest. Plus the new modern wing is great.

Oh, and make sure to loudly make snide comments around town about Cutler if the Bears lose tonight.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #23
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Ask the concierge.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #24
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,289

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
I am going to Chicago tomorrow, need to find somewhere downtown to watch the game. Sure there are a million bars.

Any suggestions? Preferably near the Chicago Mart Plaza. And with character.

Any further advice on Chicago would be cool too.

Mods, this IS about the MNF game, please let it live for a wee bit.

Cheers in advance.

Here's a funny picture

Ifyou want to go up to Great Lakes, which I doubt you will, I know of a few spots.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Denver Broncos