The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Chargers defense will outplay Denvers

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...ld-predictions

4. Chargers D will outplay Broncos D

In a remarkable reversal of fortunes, Denver's defense, horrid a year ago and in the middle of a transition to a 3-4 defense, ranks in the top 5 in the NFL in every major category, while the formerly stout Bolts flounder in the same rankings.

That will change this week in Monday night's big AFC West divisional matchup. The Chargers are allowing over 150 rushing yards per game and need to stop the run. They haven't fared much better against the pass, so look for San Diego to play with more urgency, and go to more of a hybrid look on defense (as opposed to their traditional 3-4) that will allow them to mix in more blitz calls, even on run downs.

On the other side of the ball, the Broncos safeties could be exposed by TE Antonio Gates, who is a dangerous threat on the seam, and the height advantage enjoyed by the Chargers receivers could yield some big plays downfield in this one. Philip Rivers could actually be the difference in this battle of defenses.

YA hear that Broncos!!!! No respect. The Chargers don't respect ya, the NFL doesn't respect ya, hell even some of your own fans think you are a fluke!!!!!

Go out and kick some ass baby!!!! There is only one Superbowl winner playing monday night. Respect taken is sweeter then respect given.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Ive said it once and I will say it again. If we are going to lose this game, it will be because Rivers got to our defense. I see our offense able to score the 17 to 23 points but will that be enough to stop Rivers? Pressure him into making uncharacteristic bad decisions and we have this game. Nice to have a chance at them in SD.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
AZBroncomaniac
Rock Steady Rookie

Y'all sound like Peanuts' parents.

Considering what the Chargers have done to the Broncos the past several years, I can see why many sportswriters and Denver fans remain skeptical of the Broncos' chances Monday night. That being said, if McDaniels has the team ready to compete on both sides of the ball, and win this game, the national media may be all over the Broncos' bandwagon. I personally think that this is McDaniels' final true test. Nothing like changing a losing culture to a team within the division, especially on the road.
AZBroncomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
JJJ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is one of those games where the outcome is really difficult to predict. It really could be like the SF-ATL game last week, for either side, or it could be a tight one. Two teams seemingly heading in different directions, but under the lights of Monday and the hometown crowd should be a boost to the Bolts and so you have to give them the intangibles. Special teams could rule the day.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

I haven't heard anything about the Chargers going with hybrid looks. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

But that blurb makes no sense. The Chargers D will outplay the Broncos D just because they're going to go with a hybrid look?

Who writes this stuff? Can I be a sports writer too?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I don't disagree with the assertion that Gates will be a HUGE problem for Hill and Dawkins.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

We want the "experts" to hate us, this is perfect.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
We want the "experts" to hate us, this is perfect.
i don't mind that one bit. let the so called experts hate on us all the way to the super bowl.(not saying we are going to the super bowl) just saying if we go that far, let these idiots be haters until they have no choice but to either jump on the bandwagon like they always tend to do with winners or eat crow.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
Bronco Yoda

we are going to kick their ass. I'm talking 20 points. Mark it down.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Well, I could really care less who the "experts" pick. Their opinion has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game.

It doesn't matter about "disrespect". The better team will win.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:43 AM   #11
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

You can't polish a turd.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:01 AM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

It's very hard for teams to just turn it on. I doubt the Chargers even know where the light switch is right now.

Broncos 27
Chargers 20
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Well, I could really care less who the "experts" pick. Their opinion has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game.

It doesn't matter about "disrespect". The better team will win.
Don't lie you know expect Chargers to kick some ass this weekend just like they always do to Broncos.

You say you don't care about what experts say, I'm not surprised since every yr they are all over your teams nuts.

Wait until you get clowned, laughed at, disrespected, made fun of, doubted without having even played a game yet. Trust me it will piss you off.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #14
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Don't lie you know expect Chargers to kick some ass this weekend just like they always do to Broncos.

You say you don't care about what experts say, I'm not surprised since every yr they are all over your teams nuts.

Wait until you get clowned, laughed at, disrespected, made fun of, doubted without having even played a game yet. Trust me it will piss you off.
Well, to be honest the Chargers seem to play better when they're being "disrespected" so if I had to choose, I'd rather have all the experts clowning the Chargers.

The vibe I'm getting from the "experts" is that while a lot of them are picking the Chargers, they're not really confident in that pick. They're picking SD just because they have to win and despite the fact that they think Denver is the better team.

There are only probably three or four "experts" whose opinions I really respect. I could care less what the other 99% think.

I posted in the "just curious" thread about how I have no idea how this game will turn out. No lying here.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:07 AM   #15
Krisrik07
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why does everyone say "I could care less"? If that is the case, why dont you? For me, I couldn't care less.
Krisrik07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:57 AM   #16
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Classic case of loading up to stop run which means you'll see alot of Marshall, Stokely, and Royal in man coverage. Hmmmmmmmm....

Only the fact that the Broncos historically are the only AFC West team with losing record on MNF, and that it's compounded by the game being on road, makes me a little apprehensive about it. But, this year has been one that has seen the Broncos overcome alot of obstacles so far....and we've been playing well to date...so Broncos in another close one 23-20.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:59 AM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

There are only probably three or four "experts" whose opinions I really respect. I could care less what the other 99% think.
Really?

So pray tell, who are the other guys besides me that you respect?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:42 AM   #18
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Classic case of loading up to stop run which means you'll see alot of Marshall, Stokely, and Royal in man coverage. Hmmmmmmmm....

Only the fact that the Broncos historically are the only AFC West team with losing record on MNF, and that it's compounded by the game being on road, makes me a little apprehensive about it. But, this year has been one that has seen the Broncos overcome alot of obstacles so far....and we've been playing well to date...so Broncos in another close one 23-20.

The Broncos offense is also doing a lot of things well. Heck, even a whole new wrinkle (Wild horses) worked well against a fairly good defense in New England. I don't see how San Diego can just decide they're going to take away one thing or one player and win. I don't see this as a scheme adjustment. They're going to have to man up at all positions and win both lines. They really haven't done that so far. I'm not saying they won't but how can you be way positive about that outcome?

Denver on the other hand has to keep on keeping on. Not a great leap of faith to think they might do that. I think the biggest thing people look at is that Denver wasn't expected to do anything and how long could a team with such expectations go undefeated?

I've had a hard time changing my expectations too.

Let's GO Broncos!!
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #19
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Please for the love of god, lets beat the chargers. I think I hate them more than the raiders, cause of rivers.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #20
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

An Hour after the Game Phillis, Merri, and Crowmelenie will be in drag down by the docks locking for a way to ease the pain of the ass pounding they got on TV with an Ass pounding they are about to get, Sailor Style!!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #21
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Well...........maybe......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #22
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Chargers got nothing for us! They can't run on anybody, And Jackson is no Moss, and Gates in no Witten, and we have shut down every TE we've faced so far! Did I mention that The Charges are Last in Run defense and we got part two of the dynamic Duo back to make it even worse for them!!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #23
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Anyway it's tough to win games with a crap rush D. Just ask us about that last year.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #24
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
we are going to kick their ass. I'm talking 20 points. Mark it down.
OK done.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #25
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
OK done.
PS I think you are right the difference maker will be heart We will put a woop ass on this soft team and take away their will to be on the field with us.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote