The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Weird Fox Sports Video (inside call) ... on the Broncos

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2009/10/...oncos-for-real

Had trouble embedding
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Strahan is trying to analyze and failing. "We have fooled ourselves into believing we are what our record is"? Maybe in week 3 that was applicable, but with back to back wins over what are generally recognized as quality teams I would think the notion of fooling ourselves would be in the past. Oh well, more fuel for Dawkins pregame, let them keep talking.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

That is weird. All those guys were at home it seemed like.

Just glad we didn't get a Cooley-shot.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInSkinland View Post
Strahan is trying to analyze and failing. "We have fooled ourselves into believing we are what our record is"? Maybe in week 3 that was applicable, but with back to back wins over what are generally recognized as quality teams I would think the notion of fooling ourselves would be in the past. Oh well, more fuel for Dawkins pregame, let them keep talking.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. I forgot it was Strahan for a second and I immediately thought, "This guy has clearly never played football in his life."

Here's why our defense doesn't look like last years defense:

1. We dropped every player that wasn't contributing. Every single one.
2. We brought in a new defensive coordinator.
3. We changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4.
4. We filled in those empty spots with players, and ONLY with players that are at the very least above average NFL veterans. Many of them are of high character as well.

Add that to an offense which has much better talent at running back and doesn't turn the ball over and you get:

A team that is pretty darn solid. Are we super bowl favorites? No. Are we super bowl contenders? YES. The above combination of factors in the NFL will always put you at a great chance to win.

Yes, we are one lucky tip from being 4-1. But we also dominated the Bengals for most of that game.

Marshall wasn't even a factor until week 4, Royal not until last week, and our QB finally got to start throwing without a ****ing glove on his hand.

The question is not, "Is this team for real?" It is, "How much better can this team get?"
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

According to some the Broncos are as good as they're going to get.
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChamp View Post
Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. I forgot it was Strahan for a second and I immediately thought, "This guy has clearly never played football in his life."

Here's why our defense doesn't look like last years defense:

1. We dropped every player that wasn't contributing. Every single one.
2. We brought in a new defensive coordinator.
3. We changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4.
4. We filled in those empty spots with players, and ONLY with players that are at the very least above average NFL veterans. Many of them are of high character as well.

Add that to an offense which has much better talent at running back and doesn't turn the ball over and you get:

A team that is pretty darn solid. Are we super bowl favorites? No. Are we super bowl contenders? YES. The above combination of factors in the NFL will always put you at a great chance to win.

Yes, we are one lucky tip from being 4-1. But we also dominated the Bengals for most of that game.

Marshall wasn't even a factor until week 4, Royal not until last week, and our QB finally got to start throwing without a ****ing glove on his hand.

The question is not, "Is this team for real?" It is, "How much better can this team get?"

This.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Listen I'm still waiting for the other (first?) shoe to drop this season. I'm a pessimistic person by nature, and even so I'm having a very difficult time finding areas of the team that are weak. I'm happy as **** right now. I'm happily sitting in the middle of the McDenver Bandwagon with a giant glass of orange kool aid in my hand. Anyone who has watched all 5 games this season in their entirety cannot say that we do not deserve to be 5-0, barring the Bengal game, yet still even in that game we flat out took the Bengals behind the woodshed for 58 minutes, yes the Bengals had one great drive in the game... but that's it! One, Uno, Ein, 1, single, solo, solitary drive that's it. That's dominance. And that's Bronco football so far this season.

GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWYO View Post
Listen I'm still waiting for the other (first?) shoe to drop this season. I'm a pessimistic person by nature, and even so I'm having a very difficult time finding areas of the team that are weak. I'm happy as **** right now. I'm happily sitting in the middle of the McDenver Bandwagon with a giant glass of orange kool aid in my hand. Anyone who has watched all 5 games this season in their entirety cannot say that we do not deserve to be 5-0, barring the Bengal game, yet still even in that game we flat out took the Bengals behind the woodshed for 58 minutes, yes the Bengals had one great drive in the game... but that's it! One, Uno, Ein, 1, single, solo, solitary drive that's it. That's dominance. And that's Bronco football so far this season.

I'll give you one: Deep pass defense.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Fox is trying to be all hip and **** with these stupid ass internet videos and skits...fail miserably.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Look, take it for what it is. The Broncos don't have to convince themselves they are 5-0, it's right there for the world to see.

And Strahan can STFU. That catch the WR made in the Superbowl was a miracle so I don't want to hear him whine about lucky plays.

And that's not even the point really. Even if we were 4-1, beating the Cowgirls and Pats and kicking the Bengals butts for 59 minutes should be proof enough this is not the same team as last year. That's what's baffling. They all can't get that through their head. Well, this defense was terrible for the past 3 years, how are they doing so good. Well, they took out the trash and brought in one bad ass mofo DC which had some good pieces to work with and then Josh and crew had a good draft and FA period.

They're all acting like no team in NFL history has turned things around in one offseason. It's not THAT shocking. It's not like it's week 16 and the Broncos are sitting at 15-0, cmon.

Last edited by ZONA; 10-17-2009 at 02:15 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #11
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

And that WR claims to be have been possessed by the devil and was out of football the next year. That qualifies as a lot more than just a lucky play.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #12
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Terry B needs to retire.......
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote