The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default FFL Trade?

Should I give up DeSean Jackson and Steve Slaton for Brian Westbrook and Greg Jennings?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Should I give up DeSean Jackson and Steve Slaton for Brian Westbrook and Greg Jennings?
Yes. Westbrook will have injury issues before the season is out, but that's potentially an upgrade at both spots.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

Hmm, I probably wouldn't - the Packers OL is a mess, Jennings is publically complaining about his lack of opportunities. Plus with McNabb back Jackson seems like a great play.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
No...Westbrook will be hurt again at some point again in the season and the Packers O line can't block long enough for Jennings to get open.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
No...Westbrook will be hurt again at some point again in the season and the Packers O line can't block long enough for Jennings to get open.
Chad Clifton is coming back. So the hole starting left side goes back to what it was to start the year. I know it was a mess but when Chad went out the LG moved to LT the C moved to LG and they brought in the back up C. Jennings stats will improve.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Chad Clifton is coming back. So the hole starting left side goes back to what it was to start the year. I know it was a mess but when Chad went out the LG moved to LT the C moved to LG and they brought in the back up C. Jennings stats will improve.
They've resigned Tauscher as well, who will almost definitely replace Barbre on the right side and Barbre is easily their weakest link.

Its hard to see how DeSean Jackson's value isn't negatively impacted by Maclin's emergence in Philly. Your best bet is to probably take the deal and then try to flip Westbrook for a back who will get you more consistent production. That or pick up LeSean McCoy as a backup RB so that if Westbrook goes down long term you can replace him with McCoy (who Philly really likes and has looked good in limited action this season).
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
TheDave
Sauced...

Let me roll my 10 sided dice...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
They've resigned Tauscher as well, who will almost definitely replace Barbre on the right side and Barbre is easily their weakest link.

Its hard to see how DeSean Jackson's value isn't negatively impacted by Maclin's emergence in Philly. Your best bet is to probably take the deal and then try to flip Westbrook for a back who will get you more consistent production. That or pick up LeSean McCoy as a backup RB so that if Westbrook goes down long term you can replace him with McCoy (who Philly really likes and has looked good in limited action this season).
I saw that. Tauscher should be starting in a couple of weeks, or that's the plan anyways. Sure the line had been playing bad but what line wouldn't if they had all that change.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Alright, I just countered with this:

I give up DeSean Jackson, Fred Jackson and Steve Slaton

I get Brian Westbrook, Greg Jennings, and Willis McGahee
Old 10-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would take your last trade. But know this.

I have westy in one of my leagues and He has said that he is going to get a 50/50 split of reps from here on out with lesean mccoy. So westy is not the primary ball carrier anymore.

Proof of this is evident even in the last game. They both had exactly 6 carries each. So dont expect guady numbers.

Now westy is a savvy vet so he will push harder to get more reps and keep mccoy on the pine. So i suspect somewhere down the road it will get more like 60/40.

But getting jennings,mcgahee and westy is def worth desean,slaton and jackson.

Plus- in the unlikely, but most plausable scenario that Steven Jax gets traded to Houston, slatons value just took an enormous dump.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #11
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

So three weeks ago, I asked if I should trade Desean Jackson and Donald Brown for Cedrick Benson and Brandon Marshall...wow I took him to the cleaners!!! haha I've been dominating my league ever since.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Elway View Post
Hmm, I probably wouldn't - the Packers OL is a mess, Jennings is publically complaining about his lack of opportunities. Plus with McNabb back Jackson seems like a great play.
I wouldn't either. Westbrook is an injury waiting to happen and Jennings hasn't done much so far this year. I should know, HE'S KILLING ME! So is Slaton but I have enough backs to compensate.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

While we are at it, I cant decide if I should bench Chris Johnson this week or not

I have him against NE
Cedric Benson agaisnt Hou
Knowshon against SD
Mendenhall against Cleveland

Only got 1 response in the FF section

I only get to start 2, and I am seriously considering benching CJ and starting Moreno and Mendenhall
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
While we are at it, I cant decide if I should bench Chris Johnson this week or not

I have him against NE
Cedric Benson agaisnt Hou
Knowshon against SD
Mendenhall against Cleveland

Only got 1 response in the FF section

I only get to start 2, and I am seriously considering benching CJ and starting Moreno and Mendenhall
Mendenhall is injured and Buckhalter is coming back... I'd go with Benson and CJ and hope for a big run from CJ. That's your best bet, IMO.