The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran
 
iDENVER's Avatar
 
-BroNcOs-

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: east coast
Posts: 389

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default Buckhalters injury?

anyone know if he will play monday night vs the chargers?
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran
 
iDENVER's Avatar
 
-BroNcOs-

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: east coast
Posts: 389

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default

anyone...
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

I guess no one knows. I think we might hold him out seeing that the bye is just around the corner and we'll need him down the stretch.

Moreno will do just fine against that SD "D".
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,803
Default

What I've heard is high ankle sprain and gone until after the bye.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,307
Default

Lower extremity!!!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer
 
DeusExManning's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,338
Default

Dave Logan mentioned during the game that he thought he would be back after the bye
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

I think Broncos will want to run it maybe 35 plus times Monday. Keep the ball away from Rivers and control the clock IMO will be the gameplan.

For one Chargers not near as good against the run as cowboys or Patriots. I don't know the excact numbers but I can say Chargers just not as big and physical upfront as Pats.

There is no Wilfork to blow up Hamilton. In fact I think Hamilton can easily handle the young SD NT. I also don't feel Clady will even have the slightest bit of a problem blocking any OLB they have including Merriman. I don't see one battle along the oline/dline we can't win.

For that reason, and the fact Bucky is out, I feel this will be Hillis big chance to have a role in the gameplan. I predict 10 carries for him, maybe 3-4 for Jordan, and then a big whopping 25 plus for Moreno.

I think you could see Broncos go big, 2-3 TE sets, and pound the ball right down the Chargers throats. Make Rivers watch game from the sidelines.

The fact Chargers haven't been running ball makes it even more likely. What do you do to 1 dimensional offense? If all the can do is run you try and score quick to make them throw. If all they do is throw, you play ball control and try and wear out there defense.

throwing the ball and not scoring, and the other team running the ball, is a recipe for a blow out IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Majik
Man7
 
Majik's Avatar
 
On Wisconsin

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

For one Chargers not near as good against the run as cowboys or Patriots. I don't know the excact numbers but I can say Chargers just not as big and physical upfront as Pats.
They rank 27th in the league, 151 yds/gm, 4.6 avg, 6tds. I like your strategy.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,645

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

I don't know why everyone thinks Hillis is suddenly going to get 20 plus carries. McD likes Jordan more toting the rock other than short yardage. I myself would rather see Hillis and think he is better by far but I trust MCD.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
I don't know why everyone thinks Hillis is suddenly going to get 20 plus carries. McD likes Jordan more toting the rock other than short yardage. I myself would rather see Hillis and think he is better by far but I trust MCD.
no way 20 carries. More like:

Moreno-25
Jordan-4
Hillis-10

I just think Mcdaniels will want to run the ball more, but not want to give Moreno 30 carries.

That IMO points to the first Hillis being part of the gameplan.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,645

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
no way 20 carries. More like:

Moreno-25
Jordan-4
Hillis-10

I just think Mcdaniels will want to run the ball more, but not want to give Moreno 30 carries.

That IMO points to the first Hillis being part of the gameplan.
I would think more in the lines of 20 for Moreno, 12-15 for Jordan and 2-4 for Hillis.

I like your scenerio better though.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 582
Default

Hillis' lack of playing time is disturbing. Didn't he suffer a concussion earlier 2-3 games ago?
lookin' glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think Broncos will want to run it maybe 35 plus times Monday. Keep the ball away from Rivers and control the clock IMO will be the gameplan.

For one Chargers not near as good against the run as cowboys or Patriots. I don't know the excact numbers but I can say Chargers just not as big and physical upfront as Pats.

There is no Wilfork to blow up Hamilton. In fact I think Hamilton can easily handle the young SD NT. I also don't feel Clady will even have the slightest bit of a problem blocking any OLB they have including Merriman. I don't see one battle along the oline/dline we can't win.

For that reason, and the fact Bucky is out, I feel this will be Hillis big chance to have a role in the gameplan. I predict 10 carries for him, maybe 3-4 for Jordan, and then a big whopping 25 plus for Moreno.

I think you could see Broncos go big, 2-3 TE sets, and pound the ball right down the Chargers throats. Make Rivers watch game from the sidelines.

The fact Chargers haven't been running ball makes it even more likely. What do you do to 1 dimensional offense? If all the can do is run you try and score quick to make them throw. If all they do is throw, you play ball control and try and wear out there defense.

throwing the ball and not scoring, and the other team running the ball, is a recipe for a blow out IMO.
The thing I have noticed about our McDaniels coached team is the second half is very different than the first half. I expect us to come out passing in the first series because SD will expect the run, the idea is to get up a score or two than pound the ball but whet ever we do the first half expect something different the second half.

Sd is 12 in pass defense but only 27 in run defense.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Hillis>Jordon

But he's in the dog house right now and I don't know why. It's not like he's the only guy on the team with a fumble or penalty. He's going to need to earn his way back into the game plan. I thought it would be this week since Bucky was out but it looks more and more like that isn't going to happen until we have a large lead in the 4th. That sucks because Hillis is a very good player and Josh should give him another shot instead of keeping him on the pine.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The thing I have noticed about our McDaniels coached team is the second half is very different than the first half. I expect us to come out passing in the first series because SD will expect the run, the idea is to get up a score or two than pound the ball but whet ever we do the first half expect something different the second half.

Sd is 12 in pass defense but only 27 in run defense.
I think Mcdaniels may tell offense it doesn't matter what they expect. We can line up and shove it down there throats. Just a feeling based on looking at the Charger front 7. IMO they are almost as bad as us last yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #16
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin' glass View Post
Hillis' lack of playing time is disturbing. Didn't he suffer a concussion earlier 2-3 games ago?
The lack of playing time for Hillis is disturbing for me also... but I have learned my lesson and won't second guess McDaniel's. If McD is not playing him there must be a good reason......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

I also think though if we spread the field we could get some sweet matchups, but IMO we will want to play keep away with Rivers.

The last thing Chargers want it a long drawn out ground attack that keeps ball moving. They would love to make it Orton vs Rivers.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I also think though if we spread the field we could get some sweet matchups, but IMO we will want to play keep away with Rivers.

The last thing Chargers want it a long drawn out ground attack that keeps ball moving. They would love to make it Orton vs Rivers.
What's sweet is going into this game with a defense, I'm sick of scoring on the Bolts and then watching them answer back... bing ..bing..bing.. down the field........
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,298
Default

Try asking again tomorrow and be sure to make another thread
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

This is going to be the most physical you have seen Broncos play. This is going to be smash it out football from the Broncos. The smart thing to do is make them do what they aren't good at.

Thats stop the run and run the ball. Broncos are going to drop people into coverage and make the Chargers prove they can run the ball.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran
 
iDENVER's Avatar
 
-BroNcOs-

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: east coast
Posts: 389

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Try asking again tomorrow and be sure to make another thread
stfu.
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #22
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think Mcdaniels may tell offense it doesn't matter what they expect. We can line up and shove it down there throats. Just a feeling based on looking at the Charger front 7. IMO they are almost as bad as us last yr.
If Buckhalter was healthy (and maybe he is) I would be more inclined to agree with you but we got Moreno, Jordan and Hillis.

I'm hoping this week Hillis gets Bucks carries if he can't go and your scenario is what we see but if Buck can't go and McD still can't trust Hillis do we have the backs to run your game plan?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If Buckhalter was healthy (and maybe he is) I would be more inclined to agree with you but we got Moreno, Jordan and Hillis.

I'm hoping this week Hillis gets Bucks carries if he can't go and your scenario is what we see but if Buck can't go and McD still can't trust Hillis do we have the backs to run your game plan?
Hmm if they don't have Buck, don't feel Hillis is viable, then I would have to say no.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,067
Default

My whole theory based on it seems like a good time to get hillis involved if he is actually in coaches plans. If he's not I think we could see some of the screens we worked on so hard in preseason. Chargers are going to be pursuing and attacking, so we will want to slow that down somehow.

Who knows maybe we go deep on them. The coach will for sure do something we don't expect.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #25
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
My whole theory based on it seems like a good time to get hillis involved if he is actually in coaches plans. If he's not I think we could see some of the screens we worked on so hard in preseason. Chargers are going to be pursuing and attacking, so we will want to slow that down somehow.

Who knows maybe we go deep on them. The coach will for sure do something we don't expect.
Isn't it great to be able to say that while being 5 & 0.

That flexibility is a big advantage.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Denver Broncos