The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran
 
iDENVER's Avatar
 
-BroNcOs-

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: east coast
Posts: 389

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default dolphins

what do u guys think about the dolphins this year?
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Chad Henne makes them a better offense because he can throw the deep ball. On MNF he was Pennington-like in his lack of mistakes and he made the big plays when it counted. Not sure what to make of their D.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDENVER View Post
what do u guys think about the dolphins this year?
They're great on the grill with a bit of lemon and butter.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

They lead the league in rushing yards per game by a wide margin. They're good.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,000
Default

Loved the way they were smacking people on Monday night. They can be physical at the POA. Monday night was a really good NFL divisional game.

Ricky Williams in particular surprised me with his effort.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
Loved the way they were smacking people on Monday night. They can be physical at the POA. Monday night was a really good NFL divisional game.

Ricky Williams in particular surprised me with his effort.
That was a great game. I always love to watch the J E T S get Beat!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
DAN_BRONCO_FAN's Avatar
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

well dolphins always save people from sharks then the dolphins rape the people they save so my feelings are mixed they save people then they rape em
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

I never really understood that game Ecco the Dolphin for SEGA. I mean, maybe there was more to do than just swim around, but I never had the patience to figure it out.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
jhat01
Ring of Famer
 
jhat01's Avatar
 
Knuckle Dragging Homer

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West River
Posts: 1,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam
Default

Flogging the dolphin can be enjoyable at times.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Henne can do 2 things that Pennington just can't: throw the deep ball and move out and around the pocket. Pennington's shoulder injuries have taken their toll and he's never been much with mobility. Miami has their QB in Henne. They are weaker defensively than years before, but are not a horrible unit.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
dextermilo
Word
 
Rational cynic.

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 46

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton
Default

Awesome rushing attack. Bad secondary.
dextermilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title
 
Ambiguous's Avatar
 
Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,841

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
I never really understood that game Ecco the Dolphin for SEGA. I mean, maybe there was more to do than just swim around, but I never had the patience to figure it out.
The game begins with Ecco as he and his pod are swimming in their home bay. One podmate challenges him to see how high into the air he can jump. When he is in the air, a waterspout storm forms and sucks up all marine life in the bay except Ecco, leaving him alone in the bay. Upon leaving the bay to search for his pod, he contacts several dolphins from other pods, who tell him the entire sea is in chaos, and that all marine creatures had felt the storm. After talking to an orca, Ecco travels to the Arctic to find a blue whale named The Big Blue. The Big Blue tells him such storms had been occurring every 500 years and directs him to the Asterite, the oldest creature on Earth. He leaves the Arctic and travels to a deep cavern where he finds the Asterite. Although it has the power to aid him, one of its globes is missing, and needs it returned. However, this can only be achieved by traveling back in time using a machine built by the ancient Atlanteans.

Ecco travels to the sunken city of Atlantis, where he discovers the time machine and an ancient library. He learns the cause of the storm; it was a harvest of Earth's waters that was conducted every 500 years by an alien species known as the Vortex. The Vortex had lost their ability to make their own food, and so every 500 years, they would harvest from the waters of Earth. Learning this, he activates the time machine and travels 55 million years into Earth's past. Ecco locates the Asterite in the past but is immediately attacked by it. Forced into battle, he manages to dislodge a globe from it. This opens a time portal and he is sent back into the present. After receiving the globe, the Asterite grants him the power to turn his sonar into a deadly weapon against the Vortex, as well as the abilities to breathe underwater and to slowly regenerate lost health. The Asterite instructs him to use the time machine to travel back in time to the hour of the harvest. This time he manages to be sucked into the waterspout with his pod. Once inside the waterspout, Ecco makes his way towards the Vortex Queen, the leader of the Vortex race. Eventually, the Vortex Queen is destroyed and Ecco rescues his pod.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDENVER View Post
what do u guys think about the dolphins this year?
Same thing I thought of them last year...they ain't the Broncos...
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #14
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAmbiguous View Post
The game begins with Ecco as he and his pod are swimming in their home bay. One podmate challenges him to see how high into the air he can jump. When he is in the air, a waterspout storm forms and sucks up all marine life in the bay except Ecco, leaving him alone in the bay. Upon leaving the bay to search for his pod, he contacts several dolphins from other pods, who tell him the entire sea is in chaos, and that all marine creatures had felt the storm. After talking to an orca, Ecco travels to the Arctic to find a blue whale named The Big Blue. The Big Blue tells him such storms had been occurring every 500 years and directs him to the Asterite, the oldest creature on Earth. He leaves the Arctic and travels to a deep cavern where he finds the Asterite. Although it has the power to aid him, one of its globes is missing, and needs it returned. However, this can only be achieved by traveling back in time using a machine built by the ancient Atlanteans.

Ecco travels to the sunken city of Atlantis, where he discovers the time machine and an ancient library. He learns the cause of the storm; it was a harvest of Earth's waters that was conducted every 500 years by an alien species known as the Vortex. The Vortex had lost their ability to make their own food, and so every 500 years, they would harvest from the waters of Earth. Learning this, he activates the time machine and travels 55 million years into Earth's past. Ecco locates the Asterite in the past but is immediately attacked by it. Forced into battle, he manages to dislodge a globe from it. This opens a time portal and he is sent back into the present. After receiving the globe, the Asterite grants him the power to turn his sonar into a deadly weapon against the Vortex, as well as the abilities to breathe underwater and to slowly regenerate lost health. The Asterite instructs him to use the time machine to travel back in time to the hour of the harvest. This time he manages to be sucked into the waterspout with his pod. Once inside the waterspout, Ecco makes his way towards the Vortex Queen, the leader of the Vortex race. Eventually, the Vortex Queen is destroyed and Ecco rescues his pod.
I can't believe I read all that
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,025

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Unless it's an early kickoff some Sunday in September or early October, the Phins don't scare me.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,456

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

they need ray finkle
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
llayne
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 128
Default

I always wondered how that game ended. It took me a long time to get out from the home bay.
llayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I rode one.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

In b4 someone quotes me and posts a pic of Joey Porter
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
I can't believe I read all that

+1...

God that game sounds gay...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze
 
Bronco Bob's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,511

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
+1...

God that game sounds gay...

Dolphins ARE gay.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Henne looked very impressive. Looked like a vet out there. They're near the top of the league in rushing and stopping the rush. So, they'll be a team that likely contends for something come playoff time.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #23
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

The dolphins overachieved a lot last year, they are an 8-8 team in terms of talent and coaching and that is approximately what they will do this year. I am not too excited about Henne yet, I have seen too many people come on and play well for a few games until the league figures them out.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,410
Default

I hate the Dolphins, they always beat the Broncos.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
I never really understood that game Ecco the Dolphin for SEGA. I mean, maybe there was more to do than just swim around, but I never had the patience to figure it out.
totally forgot about this retarded game.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Denver Broncos