The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default Orton for MVP....

Okay, this one goes out primarily to the koolaid drinkers, you know who you are.


Did any of you really think that Orton would be seriously mentioned in MVP talks after 5 games?
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Way too early.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

Is he being considered? Manning will run away with it again. Or Favre if he keeps it up. Brees... way too much competition. Him being in the discussion would be great, even if he doesn't win it. (and he won't)
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Okay, this one goes out primarily to the koolaid drinkers, you know who you are.


Did any of you really think that Orton would be seriously mentioned in MVP talks after 5 games?
I will say this it is not out of the question which is a big step up from

BAWHAAAAAABAWHAAAAAAA...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer
 
DeusExManning's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,337
Default

On Adam Corrola's podcast today with Jay Glazer, Adam said Orton looks like he just got laid. I like that analysis.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
Mr. Elway
cakn patna
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
Is he being considered? Manning will run away with it again. Or Favre if he keeps it up. Brees... way too much competition. Him being in the discussion would be great, even if he doesn't win it. (and he won't)
I think it's way too early, and highly unlikely for Orton, but yes he is in the discussion:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...os-mvp-watch-4
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Let's start chanting M-V-P! when he goes to the free throw line.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Okay, this one goes out primarily to the koolaid drinkers, you know who you are.


Did any of you really think that Orton would be seriously mentioned in MVP talks after 5 games?
No, but we can honestly say you wouldn't have considered him for player of the week, let alone the year.

Right now he's on pace to throw for 23 TD's and only 3 INT's...which if he keeps his rating in the 90's and we win several more games and make playoffs, then he should be considered for the award.

But what inquiring minds want to know is what will your reaction be if he's named MVP or makes the Pro bowl?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Pretty sure Peter King had him listed at #5 on his list. But this is a stupid early discussion.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
DarkHorse
RPM Racer
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley
Default

Rich Eisen and Marshall Faulk mentioned it on Total Access yesterday as well.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Pretty sure Peter King had him listed at #5 on his list. But this is a stupid early discussion.
that is why i hate pro bowl voting happening the middle of the year, and MVP talk starting this early. at this point last season Cutler was an MVP candidate and undisputed pro bowl player, but by the end of the season he was not worthy of either award.

and even if Orton stays on his current pace the whole year, he isn't going to stand a chance of winning. Manning, Brees, or Peterson will take it.

also going to the pro bowl is highly unlikely for him as well. playing in a conference where Manning and Brady are guaranteed to go every year, leaving 1 spot open for Palmer, Ben, Flacco, Rivers and now Orton as possibilities it becomes highly unlikely he gets the recognition
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Sorry, He's played well but if it's a QB your talking about it ends with ass-clown Peyton Manning ...... guys been nothing short of amazing. Can't think of another team that would just plain collapse if they lost him like the Colts would if Manning went down.

5 straight 300 yard games with like 3 TD's in each one ....

Ready to see more TV spots?

Now if we could nominate Nolan for something .... that's a given right their.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,619

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
that is why i hate pro bowl voting happening the middle of the year, and MVP talk starting this early. at this point last season Cutler was an MVP candidate and undisputed pro bowl player, but by the end of the season he was not worthy of either award.

and even if Orton stays on his current pace the whole year, he isn't going to stand a chance of winning. Manning, Brees, or Peterson will take it.

also going to the pro bowl is highly unlikely for him as well. playing in a conference where Manning and Brady are guaranteed to go every year, leaving 1 spot open for Palmer, Ben, Flacco, Rivers and now Orton as possibilities it becomes highly unlikely he gets the recognition
Unless Brady doesn't go this year.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
chex
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post


Did any of you really think that Orton would be seriously mentioned in MVP talks after 5 games?
I could probably ask the same question to those that hated our offseason.

I don't need for him to win MVP, just for him to play like one. We'll all be smiling at the end of the season then. Or at least most of us will be.

And for the record, just waiting to see what shook out of all the offseason moves doesn't make me a 'kool-aid drinker'. That's why I have no sympathy for the tender-asses that take offense to a little ribbing. You reap what you sow.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,899
Default

unless Peyton Manning gets injured there really isn't anything to discuss.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Orton for MVP - not quite
McD for Coach of the year (after 5 games) - For sure!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

if brady makes hte pro bowl this year it will be ridiculous. hes playing like an average or worse QB. carson palmer deserves consideration.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

In this offense, all that we really need is a smart quarterback who doesn't make mistakes. Anything more is icing on the cake.

That said, Brees (or Manning) would destroy in this offense. Favre would force throws and we'd be 2-3 right now.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

ORTON IS ABSOLUTELY boobies IN THE 4TH QUARTER!

I don't know how much more MVP-esque you can get your Resume than KO has without putting a name like Manning or Brady at the top of it though.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Nolan is MVP....even if he is only the coach. His game plan and adjustments are damn near flawless.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #21
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Money to Burn WOOOO®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

The only way Orton gets the MVP is if we go 16-0
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #22
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
unless Peyton Manning gets injured there really isn't anything to discuss.
Yep. Manning's thrown for 300+ yards in 7 of his last 8 games... barring injury, he'll walk away with MVP honors.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Okay, this one goes out primarily to the koolaid drinkers, you know who you are.
Sure, I'm a proud Broncos kool-aid drinker. To me, that's a compliment... not an insult. But, I realize some people only want to drink "kool-aid" when times are good."


Of course no one predicted Orton would be MVP, nor will he likely be by the time the season is over. This is a very complete team and Orton is just one (important) aspect. This isn't fantasy football or the Pro Bowl. Gone are the days of looking for a daddy-figure at QB to carry the team and solve the world's problems.

This is a complete team concept. It's what most of us were excited about during the off-season.

This little counter-attack by haters of "you didn't predict 5-0 so you must not like the team" is pretty embarrassing.

Some people were on the right side of this story, and some people were on the wrong side. Those on the wrong side should just accept it gracefully and quit trying to re-write history.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #24
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
The only way Orton gets the MVP is if we go 16-0
19 and 0
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Sure, I'm a proud Broncos kool-aid drinker. To me, that's a compliment... not an insult. But, I realize some people only want to drink "kool-aid" when times are good."


Of course no one predicted Orton would be MVP, nor will he likely be by the time the season is over. This is a very complete team and Orton is just one (important) aspect. This isn't fantasy football or the Pro Bowl. Gone are the days of looking for a daddy-figure at QB to carry the team and solve the world's problems.

This is a complete team concept. It's what most of us were excited about during the off-season.

This little counter-attack by haters of "you didn't predict 5-0 so you must not like the team" is pretty embarrassing.

Some people were on the right side of this story, and some people were on the wrong side. Those on the wrong side should just accept it gracefully and quit trying to re-write history.
I really love the term used by several players to describe Josh ball, they call it "Complimentary Football" which I take to mean each phase of the team schemes in part to play to the consideration and benefit of the other phases. That does create a formidable and complete warrior.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Denver Broncos