The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default Attendance at Mile High

I haven't made it to a game yet this season, so this is a question that mainly is pointed at those who have been at all 3 home games or at least 2 of the 3. I know we heard a lot of reports during week 4 that Cowboy fans were 30-40% of the crowd. Then this last week - week 5, I checked the attendance and we had nearly 400 fewer show up for the Patriots game which has me confused.

Attendance

Week 1 at Cincinnati: 62,831
Week 2 Clev AT DENVER: 73,931
Week 3 at Oakland: 45,602
Week 4 Dallas AT DENVER: 76,440
Week 5 NE AT DENVER: 76,011

I have a few questions:

1) Why the decline in attendance from week 4 to week 5?

2) Any insight into how many Patriot fans showed up last Sunday? Was it any worse/better than the Dallas game?
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I would guess some of Q1 had to do with the Rockies.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

According to several at the Dallas game, the Cowpokes fans were all over. There were alot of Pats fans but no where near as much as the Dallas fans. The drop off is minimal comparatively. I would say the weather probably kept some of the wimps at home!
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Rumor has it that Cowboys fans outnumbered Cheifs fans at Arrowhead last weekend and actually caused a couple false starts late in the game. They travel well.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

there was a LOT of patriot fans. i dont know how it compares to other years or games, but i was kinda surprised how loud they were. even on TV you can hear it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

Decline is two fold, Dallas Cowboy fans and the Rockies.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

1. It's 400 people, that's not a large difference in crowd size when you're talking about 76k.

2. There were a lot of people who pulled a double header, but I know of others with tickets to both that ate their Broncos tickets because it made for a long day. We only used 3 of our 4 tickets on Sunday because we were going to the Rockies afterwards.

3. For the time of year, Sunday was a cold home game.

4. The Cowboys game was not 30-40% Dallas fans. It was 20-25% tops. There were a significant amout of Cowboys fans for an away team, but 1 out of 3 people was not a Cowboys fan. They were also louder than most away fans, making their numbers seem larger.

5. There were a ton more Cowboys fans than Pats fans.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
ak1971
uhhhh

I wasnt at the game this week , so obviously all my fans and the paparazzi stayed at home also.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
The drop off is minimal comparatively. I would say the weather probably kept some of the wimps at home!
^this
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
I wasnt at the game this week , so obviously all my fans and the paparazzi stayed at home also.
Speaking of WIMPS/ err Wine and cheesers.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
1. It's 400 people, that's not a large difference in crowd size when you're talking about 76k.

2. There were a lot of people who pulled a double header, but I know of others with tickets to both that ate their Broncos tickets because it made for a long day. We only used 3 of our 4 tickets on Sunday because we were going to the Rockies afterwards.

3. For the time of year, Sunday was a cold home game.

4. The Cowboys game was not 30-40% Dallas fans. It was 20-25% tops. There were a significant amout of Cowboys fans for an away team, but 1 out of 3 people was not a Cowboys fan. They were also louder than most away fans, making their numbers seem larger.

5. There were a ton more Cowboys fans than Pats fans.
Wait till you see the entourage Schittsburghs brings with them.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Pittsburgh travels better than any other team in the league
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Pittsburgh travels better than any other team in the league

If you lived in Pittsville, you would love to Travel too. Just sayin, the place is the Pitts.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Speaking of WIMPS/ err Wine and cheesers.
I didnt feel like socializing with you ruffians this week
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
1) Why the decline in attendance from week 4 to week 5?

2) Any insight into how many Patriot fans showed up last Sunday? Was it any worse/better than the Dallas game?
To answer both of your questions, too many Cowboys fans in week 4.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #16
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
I didnt feel like socializing with you ruffians this week

Compliments will get you no where.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #17
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I sold my season tix to a friend who lives in Cheyenne. He couldn't go to the game because apparently I-25 was shut down - I guess Cheyenne got a bunch of snow over the weekend. He said he had tix for the rockies game and a $300 hotel downtown for Saturday night that he couldn't use, so he was pretty bummed about the deal. Of course he could be full of it and was just hung-over and didn't want to make the drive down. so, that accounts for a couple of no-shows...
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Dont fret. Chargers still have tickets available on Ticketmaster for our MNF game! Those are bad fans. Hell, they needed an extra day to sell out a home playoff game a few years ago. Denver gets some bad weather and people dont show. SD has a MNF game vs a division rival and the game still has at least 2k left to sell! A possible blackout for a MNF game? Awesome!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

All I know is there are far too many non-Bronco fans in attendence these days. But it comes down to season ticket holders seeing $$$$ for selling to anybody.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
All I know is there are far too many non-Bronco fans in attendence these days. But it comes down to season ticket holders seeing $$$$ for selling to anybody.
I wonder how many sold their tickets before the season started and are now kicking themselves?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I personally know over 20 people that moved here from Pittsburgh. It's not just travel... apparently everyone is trying to get out of Pennsylvania and Denver is a hugely popular destination.

And again: This is all economics. I've lived most of my life outside of Denver, and so the games I have gotten to see (up until I moved here 3 years ago) had all been on the road. Whether it be in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, or anywhere else I've caught a game... there are TONS of Broncos fans in the stands. Mainly because when you only get to go to one game a year...you'll gladly pay almost anything.

I tried to find a decent ticket to the Cowboys game, but I just wasn't willing to pay $100 to sit in the south stands. My partner (from Dallas) spent far more than that, and he was happy to do it. It's his only chance to see Dallas this year. I'll try again next time when a team with a less rabid fan base comes to town.

The number of opposing fans in the stands isn't a measure of how good your fans are. More than anything, I suspect it's a really good barometer of the health of your city. The more people are attracted to your city, the more people from other places move to it. The more people you have from other places, the more people you have rooting for the other team in the stands.

It's why the Cardinals never really have home games. No one is FROM Phoenix, everyone there just sort of migrated that way. Denver, for better or worse, has been putting on population pretty quickly and those folks bring their allegiances to other teams with them.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
not sure if the price has gone up but every bronco fan had every opportunity to get tickets a lot cheaper before this great run. Their are still good prices for Chargers, Raiders and KC. Cowboy fans and such bought preseason no matter what happens to their teams. Since I cant attend every game, I did sell mine on the Exchange. If any fan acts out and gets in trouble, I am not responsible for their actions. Kudos for the Broncos for having that rule in place. If you are in Denver area and know of Broncos fans that want to go to the game, then try selling to them first. Of course, if you are in the Denver area, what the hell you doing selling your tickets instead of going to the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I tried to find a decent ticket to the Cowboys game, but I just wasn't willing to pay $100 to sit in the south stands. My partner (from Dallas) spent far more than that, and he was happy to do it. It's his only chance to see Dallas this year. I'll try again next time when a team with a less rabid fan base comes to town.
$100 only and you passed? Face value is $77. Hell, i sold them for $225 each and they went 24 hours after posting them. You actually passed up a good deal if you were offered $100 for a south stand ticket. If this team is gaining the bandwagon, I dont think it will be easy to find KC game for $100. At least if the economy was better so maybe a chance at getting a single ticket under $100. Good luck.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-14-2009 at 01:10 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #23
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I sold my season tix to a friend who lives in Cheyenne. He couldn't go to the game because apparently I-25 was shut down - I guess Cheyenne got a bunch of snow over the weekend. He said he had tix for the rockies game and a $300 hotel downtown for Saturday night that he couldn't use, so he was pretty bummed about the deal. Of course he could be full of it and was just hung-over and didn't want to make the drive down. so, that accounts for a couple of no-shows...
No, he was telling the truth-I went to Ft. Collins on Saturday and they shut down I-25 north of Wellington to the Wyoming border (and I saw a bunch of wrecks on the way)-I don't know whether they shut down US 287 on Saturday, but I know they shut down 287 on Sunday-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #24
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
not sure if the price has gone up but every bronco fan had every opportunity to get tickets a lot cheaper before this great run. Their are still good prices for Chargers, Raiders and KC. Cowboy fans and such bought preseason no matter what happens to their teams. Since I cant attend every game, I did sell mine on the Exchange. If any fan acts out and gets in trouble, I am not responsible for their actions. Kudos for the Broncos for having that rule in place. If you are in Denver area and know of Broncos fans that want to go to the game, then try selling to them first. Of course, if you are in the Denver area, what the hell you doing selling your tickets instead of going to the game?

$100 only and you passed? Face value is $77. Hell, i sold them for $225 each and they went 24 hours after posting them. You actually passed up a good deal if you were offered $100 for a south stand ticket. If this team is gaining the bandwagon, I dont think it will be easy to find KC game for $100. At least if the economy was better so maybe a chance at getting a single ticket under $100. Good luck.
I have never paid more than face, and I don't intend to start now
Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #25
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
No, he was telling the truth-I went to Ft. Collins on Saturday and they shut down I-25 north of Wellington to the Wyoming border (and I saw a bunch of wrecks on the way)-I don't know whether they shut down US 287 on Saturday, but I know they shut down 287 on Sunday-
My wife and I we're caught in that on Friday night. We saw a few snowflakes going through Loveland, got to the other side of Wellington and saw a sign saying 'I-25 closed in Wyoming'. Maybe 2 minutes later we we're in a full on a blizzard. We had to jump off of 25 at the border, fight our way (with zero visibility to 85) and into Wyoming.

Ended up stopping at that strip club on the border to try and let the thing blow over. It never really did.

Nasty stuff.