The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Chargers game: Don't get too high

I love that everyone (for the most part) is on board with the Broncos now. However just as it was silly too get to down on the team before the season started, it's just as dumb to get too high with 11 games to play.

We've been here before and while I think we can all tell this isn't a team built to collapse like the previous years, it certainly is still a team in transition. I think if we keep winning, eventually the players' feelings of invincibility will result in them getting blind sided.

Enter San Diego.

All the hype is on us now and ESPN is going to pimp us all week to get as much out of that game as possible. People will talk down the Chargers and I suspect they've been fuming all bye week and know they CANNOT go down three and half to us.

Here's something else to consider:

On Monday Night Football, Rivers and Norv are 4-0.

With the exception of this year, three of those wins they won by a margin of twenty points or more.

Now Norv before being the coach of the Chargers was 1-4 on MNF, at one point losing three in one season, but clearly he and Rivers are doing better.

Chambers is down, but Jackson is coming strong and they still have Gates. Their line is getting better and LT is coming back healthy. Sproles killed us at home last year and seems to always come through in the clutch, especially on third down. And most of all, Rivers has had our number.

On defense they are soft, but they also create turnovers and that means more points for Rivers and company.

I do have hope because Shanahan is gone and Norv had a curious way of owning him and Cutler being gone might lift the jinx as well.

Regardless, it's going to be a tough game and the Chargers will be bringing it especially after getting ripped on and going in front of a national stage. We'll have had our players egos being stoked all week. I expect it to be like the last two games: Four quarters of tough football and the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Stay hungry, Denver. Remember the things that got you here.

And fix special teams!

Last edited by Kaylore; 10-14-2009 at 10:08 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

meh............60 minutes of football all 3 phases ...........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Shun the non-believer.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

McDaniels>>>Norv
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

I won't be upset if we lose or even get blown out. This team isn't going underrated and while there is nothing good about losing it can cement what happens when you don't play a full game.

Also think of all the great "disrespect" threads we will have when the media ranks the Broncos out of the top 10 in those stupid rankings.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I love that everyone (for the most part) is on board with the Broncos now. However just as it was silly to get to down on the team before the season started, it's just as dumb to get to high with 11 games to play.

We've been here before and while I think we can all tell this isn't a team built to collapse like the previous years, it certainly is still a team in transition. I think if we keep winning, eventually the players' feelings of invincibility will result in them getting blind sided.

Enter San Diego.

All the hype is on us now and ESPN is going to pimp us all week to get as much out of that game as possible. People will talk down the Chargers and I suspect they've been fuming all bye week and know they CANNOT go down three and half to us.

Here's something else to consider:

On Monday Night Football, Rivers and Norv are 4-0.

With the exception of this year, three of those wins they won by a margin of twenty points or more.

Now Norv before being the coach of the Chargers was 1-4 on MNF, at one point losing three in one season, but he clearly he and Rivers are doing better.

Chambers is down, but Jackson is coming strong and they still have Gates. Their line is getting better and LT is coming back healthy. Sproles killed us at home last year and seems to always come through in the clutch, especially on third down. And most of all, Rivers has had our number.

On defense they are soft, but they also create turnovers and that means more points for Rivers and company.

I do have hope because Shanahan is gone and Norv had a curious way of owning him and Cutler being gone might lift the jinx as well.

Regardless, it's going to be a tough game and the Chargers will be bringing it especially after getting ripped on and going in front of a national stage. We'll have had our players egos being stoked all week. I expect it to be like the last two games: Four quarters of tough football and the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Stay hungry, Denver. Remember the things that got you here.

And fix special teams!
The scariest thing about the game is San Diego is a talented team that finds itself in a must win situation they will show up. It will be another war just as intense as NE game plus it's in their house.

I know I been saying 6 and 0 and I'm stickin with it but this will be the hardest fought game to date. My gut says McD will find a weakness to exploit
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
delany
Uber Bronco

Can't we just wait for the game to be over before we talk about anything bad that might happen?

....just channeling some TSI.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #8
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Honestly - stay humble is what needs to happen. That's the difference as a fan base that would be interesting to see. That's why it's been so great to this point - BECAUSE of all the haters INCLUDING the Broncos fans that hated on their own team.

Going around gloating about a Broncos win - and if it doesn't happen in a case - you're walking yourself into a death trap going off on McD or whoever. Staying humble helps you stay at a realistic standpoint.

Sitting here saying we're gonna win etc - that's what happens at all the forums. Think about it - you'd be no different than the next person over at the SD forum.

SD is a team to be respected - even tho they've switched gears a little late in games this season - they've proven they can make plays.

I give them credit for having a good team - they've had trouble this season but they've proven they can be a winning football team and I expect a good game.

Especially coming off a bye week gives them a big advantage.

I expect a good game.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 10-14-2009 at 01:24 AM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Their advantage is they need to win

Our advantage is Josh thinks outside the box and Norv doesn't

Advantage Broncos, exploited weakness trumps raw desire.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Broncos are going to blow SD out. All those things Kaylore talked about is why our Broncos will be so fired up. Chargers been rubbing it in Broncos faces, they got a beat down coming.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

i say every game from week 1 to week 16 is a test. i like the lack of respect the national media gives denver. they should list us as triple digit underdogs every week. makes it better when we do win we wont go 16-0 but we will get at least 10 wins if not more this season. hell i thoought this season was going to be a major rebuilding year with the new defense scheme drafting players letting a certain bawling qb go. i thought mcdaniels and bowlen has lost their minds.
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #12
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Honestly - stay humble is what needs to happen. That's the difference as a fan base that would be interesting to see. That's why it's been so great to this point - BECAUSE of all the haters INCLUDING the Broncos fans that hated on their own team.

Going around gloating about a Broncos win - and if it doesn't happen in a case - you're walking yourself into a death trap going off on McD or whoever. Staying humble helps you stay at a realistic standpoint.

Sitting here saying we're gonna win etc - that's what happens at all the forums. Think about it - you'd be no different than the next person over at the SD forum.

SD is a team to be respected - even tho they've switched gears a little late in games this season - they've proven they can make plays.

I give them credit for having a good team - they've had trouble this season but they've proven they can be a winning football team and I expect a good game.

I expect a good game.
Have you been turning Tarot Cards on the Psychic threads?
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #13
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
i say every game from week 1 to week 16 is a test. i like the lack of respect the national media gives denver. they should list us as triple digit underdogs every week. makes it better when we do win we wont go 16-0 but we will get at least 10 wins if not more this season. hell i thoought this season was going to be a major rebuilding year with the new defense scheme drafting players letting a certain bawling qb go. i thought mcdaniels and bowlen has lost their minds.
This explains everything!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Yup, can't sleep on this one. Seems like in the 4th quarter this year, Rivers has been scoring at will, not cool.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #15
dextermilo
Word

Rational cynic.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

This game, if nothing else, will show us the holes in our defense!
dextermilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #16
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Their advantage is they need to win

Our advantage is Josh thinks outside the box and Norv doesn't

Advantage Broncos, exploited weakness trumps raw desire.
Like running the ball straight down the middle of their D?! Attacking their corners?! When i first looked at the schedule i thought we'd lose this game. Now i've seen that Merriman isn't even a shell of his former self, the same goes for LT! Top that with an injury to Jamal Williams. Oh yea..and Norv is their coach. I know they've had our number but we haven't had a D like this since 05'. They're not going to march up and down the field like the past 3 years!

My prediction:

SD 93 Denver 0
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I don't smoke
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #18
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

I wonder how much help Nunnely and Barrone will be able to give McDaniels and Nolan w/ the game plan

Last edited by BMarsh615; 10-14-2009 at 02:39 AM..
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i can't look at recent history with this game to know what to expect. With Mike gone, Cutler gone, and the defense that Sproles, LT, Rivers, Gates and Jackson all loved to beat on is no more. i'm not even talking about how we have the best D in the league, just that, it can no longer be assumed that Sproles or LT will have big games against our D, because the scheme, coaches, players everything about it is completely different.

the last few years record against SD is meaningless. this is an entirely new era between these teams and history can't be used to pick a winner.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #20
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post

I expect a good game.
Jeez, save the cheese for the national interview
Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm with Kaylore. There's no reason to doubt that we can beat any team in this league at this point. But there's also no reason to ignore history either. There are three demons in recent team history that this team needs to excorsize: The Chargers, The Steelers, and of course, The Colts.

This week is another statement game.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 AM   #22
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
, welcome rookie
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #23
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i can't look at recent history with this game to know what to expect. With Mike gone, Cutler gone, and the defense that Sproles, LT, Rivers, Gates and Jackson all loved to beat on is no more. i'm not even talking about how we have the best D in the league, just that, it can no longer be assumed that Sproles or LT will have big games against our D, because the scheme, coaches, players everything about it is completely different.

the last few years record against SD is meaningless. this is an entirely new era between these teams and history can't be used to pick a winner.
I love it when I don't have to state the obvious....what sucks is when it sounds redundant and you think you could have done it a wiiiiiiiitle bit better.......oh no wait...a LOT better.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #24
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm with Kaylore. There's no reason to doubt that we can beat any team in this league at this point. But there's also no reason to ignore history either. There are three demons in recent team history that this team needs to excorsize: The Chargers, The Steelers, and of course, The Colts.

This week is another statement game.
Franchise game......sign.....seal and Deliver.....

There is a significance for whatever individual situational reasons for statistics to shed light on thoughts to be had in the NFL but this is not one of them.....mostly because we just don't know.... statistically ..... cause right now we have statistic anomalies?

Last edited by hambone13; 10-14-2009 at 03:03 AM..
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #25
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter

This is going to be the most hostile environment the Broncos have played in to date. I am worried about this game too.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote