The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Default Only one Test remains for this Team

The best teams are the teams that can play through adversity. And despite the still young season, it appears these Broncos have waded through their fair share.

However, there is one test that they have not yet faced: Regrouping after a loss. Past Broncos teams tended to fold after a tough loss and would quickly go on losing streaks. While I am not eager to see this Team face the challenge of regrouping after a loss, I have a lot more optimism that they will handle it far better than teams of the past.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
SouthCarolinaBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Dixieland Denver Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josh McDaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The best teams are the teams that can play through adversity. And despite the still young season, it appears these Broncos have waded through their fair share.

However, there is one test that they have not yet faced: Regrouping after a loss. Past Broncos teams tended to fold after a tough loss and would quickly go on losing streaks. While I am not eager to see this Team face the challenge of regrouping after a loss, I have a lot more optimism that they will handle it far better than teams of the past.
Couldn't agree more. This is a team that learns from bad outcomes and adapts. Just look at the second half defensive adjustments all year. I have no reason to believe the approach would be any different week-to-week than it is play-to-play. This team is entirely focused on doing the best they can on the next play, and they don't wallow in depression when something doesn't go right.
SouthCarolinaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

WTF...... Let's cross that bridge when we get to it........... The beer mug is half full not half empty .......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not worried about that. The challenge I am looking for comes this week: In a game on the road against a desperate team where winning would give us an early stranglehold on the division, can we execute? We'll find out on monday.
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post

They haven't been compacent after any of our wins this season either, so form that perspective I'd say they're regrouping every week after a win. They're working on correcting mistakes that they see as possible chance at a loss
I think the way they prepare week in and week out so far will be the same win or lose. This formula has been generating wins for the team
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Hey let's not get to far ahead. We were a shoe in for just making the playoffs with three to go and that got away .... nothing is set in stone.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Bullsheet! We have a team captain now that is holding them all responsible! X Factor has been brought in to make sure this BS ends with the start of McD era.
Vegas_Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I thought you were going to say the Chiefs game.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #9
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Oh hell thats about the last thing Id worry about. But I'm sure if we lose Dawkins will be all over everyones ass for a week.

Id say the next test is to beat those ****in flamers in San Diego. Gonna be tough on a Monday night with them coming off a bye and us coming off that emotional win, so lets do it.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote