The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Re-Sign Brandon Marshall before 2010!

I think we need to sign Marshall as soon as possible. What the Broncos should try and avoid if at all possible is allow Brandon to test the FA market for what his true value worth! Get him at a bargin and sign him before the season ends and before teams tell Marshall and his agent what they are willing to pay for his Beastly Services. Getting into a FA bargaining war with Marshall will cause Bowlen to Franchise Tag him in 2010 and 2011 and the price only goes up further.

Its better to sign Marshall early, lets say offer him SB $17 Mil, and $12 Mil per year for 6 years or so. Thats a bargin in my opinion. The signing bonus is workable/affordable and asorbable, while the remainder of his contract is not guaranteed in the event that Marshall reverts back to his off the field issues from 2006-2008. Thus the Broncos will not be legally binded to continue to pay Brandon $12 million dollars per year.

Point is, if Brandon is willing to sign a new contract during the season, w/o waiting to see what other teams in the upcoming FA market were/are willing to pay him; Bowlen and McDaniel's should do so. Its a bit foolish for the Broncos to allow other teams to dictate and determin what they are willing to pay Brandon, thus making the Broncos match the salary for each franchise tag year.

After all, both the Broncos and Brandon are taking risk! Brandon is taking a risk he could suffer a career ending injury and the Broncos are taking a risk after re-signing Brandon he reverts back to old Brandon with his off the field problems.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

He's not a FA this year. He's RFA. A team would have to sign him and give up at least two first round draft picks. It's not going to happen.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
He's not a FA this year. He's RFA. A team would have to sign him and give up at least two first round draft picks. It's not going to happen.
Don't bet on it. If a team is picking near the bottom of rounds, the first pick is not that bad and then they can live with the other pick next year. Are you willing to let BM go for some picks? F that, not me.

What's the big deal already? He's one of the best WR's in the league and he deserves to be paid and paid now.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Don't bet on it. If a team is picking near the bottom of rounds, the first pick is not that bad and then they can live with the other pick next year. Are you willing to let BM go for some picks? F that, not me.

What's the big deal already? He's one of the best WR's in the league and he deserves to be paid and paid now.
Been saying this all along
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Not like there isn't alreadya thread on this.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I think we need to sign Marshall as soon as possible. What the Broncos should try and avoid if at all possible is allow Brandon to test the FA market for what his true value worth! Get him at a bargin and sign him before the season ends and before teams tell Marshall and his agent what they are willing to pay for his Beastly Services. Getting into a FA bargaining war with Marshall will cause Bowlen to Franchise Tag him in 2010 and 2011 and the price only goes up further.

Its better to sign Marshall early, lets say offer him SB $17 Mil, and $12 Mil per year for 6 years or so. Thats a bargin in my opinion. The signing bonus is workable/affordable and asorbable, while the remainder of his contract is not guaranteed in the event that Marshall reverts back to his off the field issues from 2006-2008. Thus the Broncos will not be legally binded to continue to pay Brandon $12 million dollars per year.

Point is, if Brandon is willing to sign a new contract during the season, w/o waiting to see what other teams in the upcoming FA market were/are willing to pay him; Bowlen and McDaniel's should do so. Its a bit foolish for the Broncos to allow other teams to dictate and determin what they are willing to pay Brandon, thus making the Broncos match the salary for each franchise tag year.

After all, both the Broncos and Brandon are taking risk! Brandon is taking a risk he could suffer a career ending injury and the Broncos are taking a risk after re-signing Brandon he reverts back to old Brandon with his off the field problems.
lets say offer him SB $17 Mil, and $12 Mil per year for 6 years or so.

You're suggesting giving him a 6 year $89m contract with $igning bonus. If that is what it takes... nice knowing you Brandon, hope we get some draft picks as you walk out the door. But, considering that guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson don't make half that, we don't have to worry about that!

More likely he will get a contract with about $15m in bonuses and it will be in the range of 6 years $48m. That would put him in the top three of receivers up there with Fitz, Jennings, and Roddy White. The $15m per season (adjusted cap figure) you are suggesting is crazy talk. I don't want to argue with you, (you're too stupid and it's a waste of time to even bother) so don't bother responding, just know that your suggested price tag is more than any team would pay Brandon Marshall.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

If they are picking near the bottom of the round than they proabbly can't sign him any way because they will only be allowed to sign 1 or 2 free agents at all.

You guys really need to become aware of what is going to happen this off-season.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'd rather wait and see if he has anymore run-in's with the law/women/televisions before we give him a huge contract that will mostly go towards legal fees.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
I'd rather wait and see if he has anymore run-in's with the law/women/televisions before we give him a huge contract that will mostly go towards legal fees.
well, they have to reach a point (and so should the fans) of just putting faith in him one way or another

the wait and see thing isn't fair to anyone

he is proving that he is here to play, I don't see a problem paying the guy...it might just prevent future crap if the contract has some clauses in it
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
If they are picking near the bottom of the round than they proabbly can't sign him any way because they will only be allowed to sign 1 or 2 free agents at all.

You guys really need to become aware of what is going to happen this off-season.
Plus even if he is signed by another team as an RFA, we have the option to match the offer to keep him. And I'm pretty sure poison pills are no longer allowed.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I think we should give him
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
My understanding is that he is only a RFA IF there is NO Collective Bargaining Agreement. Is this correct? If there is a CBA than he is an UFA.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
My understanding is that he is only a RFA IF there is NO Collective Bargaining Agreement. Is this correct? If there is a CBA than he is an UFA.
That is correct.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
lets say offer him SB $17 Mil, and $12 Mil per year for 6 years or so.

You're suggesting giving him a 6 year $89m contract with $igning bonus. If that is what it takes... nice knowing you Brandon, hope we get some draft picks as you walk out the door. But, considering that guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson don't make half that, we don't have to worry about that!

More likely he will get a contract with about $15m in bonuses and it will be in the range of 6 years $48m. That would put him in the top three of receivers up there with Fitz, Jennings, and Roddy White. The $15m per season (adjusted cap figure) you are suggesting is crazy talk. I don't want to argue with you, (you're too stupid and it's a waste of time to even bother) so don't bother responding, just know that your suggested price tag is more than any team would pay Brandon Marshall.
Whats wrong Sissy...is your skirt too TIGHT and cutting off circulation to your under developed Neanderthal Knuckle Dragging Brain? So who elected you to decide what is crazy TALK! No one said you had to argue, just provide your bias Pro-management Cave Man opinions thats all that was asked of your Dumb Azz.

Didn't mean to waste your imaginary valuable jerk off time you MORON. However those contract figures I provided were a guess of what the contracts/salaries maybe by 2012! If Brandon continues to produce while the Broncos franchise tag him in 2010 and 2011. Hopefully Brandon is well aware just how much the NFL contract renegotiating process is a cut throat business and not allow any team to low ball him if he can help it. You don't know what teams are willing to pay Brandon in 2012!.....do you Chuckle Nutzs?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
And there isn't going to be one.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
I think we should give him
Agreed! Its only money....and you can't take it all with you when your number is called to take a one trip to heaven or hell! Whats the the big deal?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Agreed! Its only money....and you can't take it all with you when your number is called to take a one trip to heaven or hell! Whats the the big deal?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
OMG! Keep your day job.....a comedian "You Are Not"! But I like your effort!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Whats wrong Sissy...is your skirt too TIGHT and cutting off circulation to your under developed Neanderthal Knuckle Dragging Brain? So who elected you to decide what is crazy TALK! No one said you had to argue, just provide your bias Pro-management Cave Man opinions thats all that was asked of your Dumb Azz.

Didn't mean to waste your imaginary valuable jerk off time you MORON. However those contract figures I provided were a guess of what the contracts/salaries maybe by 2012! If Brandon continues to produce while the Broncos franchise tag him in 2010 and 2011. Hopefully Brandon is well aware just how much the NFL contract renegotiating process is a cut throat business and not allow any team to low ball him if he can help it. You don't know what teams are willing to pay Brandon in 2012!.....do you Chuckle Nutzs?
The entire basis of your estimate was on the fact that we would get a "discount" by doing it now rather than waiting until after the season. You're an idiot, I don't need to expose that... you do fine on your own.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #21
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
The entire basis of your estimate was on the fact that we would get a "discount" by doing it now rather than waiting until after the season. You're an idiot, I don't need to expose that... you do fine on your own.
Okay Noodle Brain, its obvious you come from a "Long Row of Idiots"! The fact you are missing is you don't know how much salaries will increase btwn now and 2012! Also, the initial contract figures I threw out were just an estimate. It wasn't etched in stone you stupid moron.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

what is wrong with this place.

The pick of OMG it spins was hilarious though made me chuckle.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #23
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

At this point, I want him resigned as soon as possible just to shut Rasta up.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Why should we pay him now? We have him on the cheap and there is nothing he can do about it until next year... when he's worth a 1st and 3rd round pick should the Broncos decline to match his highest offer. Brandon is playing well and staying out of trouble because he has to if he ever wants to see a pay raise. In the meantime we get an incredibly talented but troubled player who is playing for his life. If this is the only way to motivate him, then so be it. He could have been a ****ing pro and stayed out of trouble, but that was asking too much of him. The fact that Zona and Rasta are squealing over this injustice is icing on the cake.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #25
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Why should we pay him now? We have him on the cheap and there is nothing he can do about it until next year... when he's worth a 1st and 3rd round pick should the Broncos decline to match his highest offer. Brandon is playing well and staying out of trouble because he has to if he ever wants to see a pay raise. In the meantime we get an incredibly talented but troubled player who is playing for his life. If this is the only way to motivate him, then so be it. He could have been a ****ing pro and stayed out of trouble, but that was asking too much of him. The fact that Zona and Rasta are squealing over this injustice is icing on the cake.
Good post.